Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Bought a phone through fatcheese and meteor last July, finally got the cashback at the end of last week. Is that how long it usually takes?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

dudara wrote: »
    But in fairness, everything else has come through so this must be unique to Netflix

....payment pending for Hotels.com since Dec 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If its pending more than about 90 days, it hasn't tracked and it's not going to come through. System works to a sufficient level otherwise, although I'd FAR prefer Quidco or Topcashback to properly support Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

02 Apr 2014 €328.77 Bank Pending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Just got a lovely amount confirmed this evening. I withdrew via Paypal, it says 2 working days to process & 7 days for the e-cheque to clear, so I'll keep you posted on how long it takes.

Received it at about 2am this morning, no e-cheque just straight into my account. Can't complain really :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I requested my discount cash in a one4all card, and that was in december 2013. I still havent received it yet, is this normal to take this long? I emailed them but they never responded

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

bri007 wrote: »
    I requested my discount cash in a one4all card, and that was in december 2013. I still havent received it yet, is this normal to take this long? I emailed them but they never responded

It seems PayPal is probably the quickest way to get the money these days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Any updates on payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

not at all and shuld be at 31st May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Hmm I've always received anything I've withdrawn via PayPal but I recently closed my account.

Not sure whether I should attempt a bank transfer or not, has it worked for anyone lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I purchased an AA Ireland membership via fatcheese, with a cashback reward offer of €25. That was on 04/12/13.

To date I still have not been awarded the cashback owed to me. I've logged 4 tickets since my initial purchase and also 1 claim. When I was checking my fatcheese acc today, I have just discovered that both my claim as well as my AA purchase history have been deleted from my account on fatcheese.

What an absolute joke of a company and I can't strongly recommend enough to others to stay away from them and their "offers". I have reported fatcheese to the National Consumer Agency as well as the European Consumer Agency.

Fatcheese are using a crack in the consumer laws by having an operating address in Ireland (which is just some residentail street in Cork IIRC) and a registered company address in the UK. This is why, from what I was told by the NCA, they can't go after fatcheese and their false advertising so called offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I submitted a query last August 2013 and received no correspondence. Submitted 3 others since (same topic) and received NO communication. I know I know it's free, I'm not paying for it, but it's annoying & poor customer service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Submitted a claim for something bought in August last year and for another thing bought this year, "promised" a response by 30th of May and still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Loltube

Anyone think it's time for a new Irish cashback site? Tempted to make one but want to make sure there's demand. Fatcheese are a disgrace these days.

Loltube wrote: »
    Anyone think it's time for a new Irish cashback site? Tempted to make one but want to make sure there's demand. Fatcheese are a disgrace these days.

And priority for Boards users? Please? :P

And priority for Boards users? Please? :P

Ha, could do. Quick question though; sites like Fatcheese usually pay 100% of what they receive from affiliate networks. How would people feel getting something like 75%?

So signing up to a site pays €1, you get €0.75 and the cashback site keeps €0.25 to cover costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Ha, could do. Quick question though; sites like Fatcheese usually pay 100% of what they receive from affiliate networks. How would people feel getting something like 75%?

So signing up to a site pays €1, you get €0.75 and the cashback site keeps €0.25 to cover costs.
    Their not doing it for free so i'd imagine that for example when a site is 5% cashback that their actually getting say 6% and paying out / advertising the 5%

Their not doing it for free so i'd imagine that for example when a site is 5% cashback that their actually getting say 6% and paying out / advertising the 5%

As far as I'm aware Fatcheese try to make money by ads on their own site and pay 100% to the user. I know for a fact that other cashback sites do this like TopCashback and Quidco, and pretty sure Fatcheese do (or used to).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

As far as I'm aware Fatcheese try to make money by ads on their own site and pay 100% to the user. I know for a fact that other cashback sites do this like TopCashback and Quidco, and pretty sure Fatcheese do (or used to).
    Oh right. That and the interest they get from holding onto peoples funds for so long before paying out i'd say!

Oh right. That and the interest they get from holding onto peoples funds for so long before paying out i'd say!

Overnight interest is now so negligible they make nothing out of it. In the 1970s/80s that was a valid business model - Kwiksave used to get products on 90 day credit terms from suppliers, sell them as quick as possible at cost price and sit on the cash to make the interest as their profit margin.

• Advertisement

That sounds very reasonable IMO, especially for a start up site.

What would be the minimum cash out value?

You'd have advertisement income if you really wanted too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

As far as I'm aware this is an Irish cashback site.
    http://www.gscashback.com/

But, I have never registered or used it, it's just FYI for this particular discussion.

EDIT: TRY Code gcd-students

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They might say they give 100% to the user but going by this thread it seems to be pretty close to 0 back. A site taking a cut from the cash back doesn't bother me, its better than what we get from fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

there was an article in last week's sunday times about fatcheese and the hassle people were having with their claims. no comment made from fatcheese.ie naturally enough

Submitted a claim for something bought in August last year and for another thing bought this year, "promised" a response by 30th of May and still nothing!

Still waiting! Gotta love FatCheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Still waiting! Gotta love FatCheese.

In his communication apologising to users for a lack of response, Ahmed asked for a little time to get his dedicated customer support team up and running.

That was on April 17th, 2013.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84192201&postcount=182

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Whatever about delays in payment, I've just noticed that when I click through from FC to several travel sites ( one being hotels4U) I get brought to an 'affiliates future' website saying 'This web site is no longer available through this link. Please choose an alternative web site from the list shown below' and its more than one travel site that this happens with.
    Also one link thro Venere with a discount code attached says discount code out of date since April..
    Doesn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Gradually more and more retailers are getting fed up with complaints about Fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Logged in to Fatcheese to see if there was any activity, on February 18 requested to withdraw cashback, just noticed it was actually paid out on April 01.

• Advertisement

The miniscule amount I had in (few euro from a pixmania purchase / few cent from book depository) that I requested via Paypal weeks ago has appeared as an eCheck now - so it'll be a few days yet.

Advertisement