Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

They're a complete <SNIP> joke. I have unanswered claims/tickets going back 18 months, and about €65 worth of awarded credit that I can't access — but they find time to send us all cheesy Christmas wishes and, best of all, when I last logged in I got a message asking me to recommend them to friends!!! €1 per sign-up. :rolleyes:

So there are staff working there, they're just not actually providing any service to their registered users, or adhering to any of their terms and conditions.

I'd recommend eating your own <SNIP> before I'd recommend Fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I tried going to the website today it's down, it's been down all morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Fatcheese is also down for me. About a month ago, I withdrew whatever was in it to paypal. It appeared in about a week and now its withdrawn into my bank account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Still waiting on something from August last year!

Also waiting for a claim that would be closed "at the latest" by May.

They're an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Has anyone actually ever had any communication with them? Like an answer to their query? I have 3 tickets open from July 2013 (all about the same thing) and never once heard a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Just tried it and it's online now.

Total Cashback: €830.50 | Total Pending Cashback: €111.10 | Total Awarded Cashback: €719.40 | Available to Withdraw: €0.00

Hoping to see that 111euro soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Withdrew via Amazon for the first time ever having used Paypal successfully every time in the past. It took 6 weeks but I finally got it today :)

I still recommend you use Paypal as it seems to be much faster, the last time I withdrew via Paypal I got the money same day!

pOz7Ig0.png

They may be extremely slow, but I'm still happy with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"Not acceptable and we will do better from now on."
    Oh puhh-lease!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They may be extremely slow, but I'm still happy with them.

To be honest, that's pretty much my attitude also. They might be frustratingly slow, but over the years I've earned €200 from them that I wouldn't have otherwise. So I can live with it.

Does anyone know, why do you have to 'accept' the money from them in PayPal? This is where my grudge lies - I was away where there wasn't much internet and had received an email telling me to 'accept' the money. Didn't know there was a timelimit and by time I went to accept it, it had already been returned to FatCheese - and I haven't heard anything since. That was a year ago now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I didn't have to accept the (paltry) amount I got a few weeks ago; either they've changed or its a requirement for larger sums. My account is both credit card and bank account verified though.

I have used PayPal lots via Adverts and never had to accept either.
    But the email said the money had been returned to FatCheese because I hadn't accepted it in PayPal.
    Ah well.
    I'm sure it'll come back one day!

Any more payments over the past month?

Still waiting for something from August 2013 and a promised response to my claim by May 2014 at the latest!

Absolute joke of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Has anyone had any update/payment in the last few months, or even seen any supplier paying the money to fatcheese?

Has anyone had any update/payment in the last few months, or even seen any supplier paying the money to fatcheese?
    No.

Yep I got payment, it does say pending until 17th but I imagine it will go through.

Still didn't get the €10 I had requested before but hadn't 'accepted' it via PayPal so it was returned to them and didn't hear anything since.

Yep I got payment, it does say pending until 17th but I imagine it will go through.

Still didn't get the €10 I had requested before but hadn't 'accepted' it via PayPal so it was returned to them and didn't hear anything since.

When you say the 17th, is that this month?

When you say the 17th, is that this month?

Yeah,so looks like its appearing in my paypal account but underneath it says something about will be completed by November 17 or something like that,not sure exactly!

Ok, so maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope after all, but oh so very slight only.

• Advertisement

Ok, so maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope after all, but oh so very slight only.

I only made the request a few days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭torbie

I still have money pending since July 2013!! no activity recently either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Still waiting for a sky payment since March, opened a ticket in May that is still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

It mustn't be too profitable when no one else had come up with an alternative cashback offering for the Irish market

Still waiting for the stuff from August of last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I must check my account. Tbh not used them much with all the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

I have items pending back to last December.

Stopped using Fatcheese and moved onto cashbackireland.com but haven't received anything back from these guys either so I'm starting to think that the whole "cashback" concept is as reliable to buyer as an Irish college teaching English.

Got my spondulicks anyway,18euro richer so bought a new bag immediately on adverts :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

When I click Get cashback on the expedia page of fatcheese, I get an error "There is no relationship between this site and the advertiser."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Surprise, surprise...funds available to withdraw as of today! Check your accounts. Now just to wait months until it hits the bank account...

Advertisement