Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭torbie

Hi all, I havnt read every reply but I have €71 'pending' to my account for over 1 month. I have sent about 10 email via the complaints email, via the tickets (one email a day) I have also had a rant on the testimonal (Im sure they wont release it). Ive tried ringing various phone number that I come across when I google there names. NOTHING!
    Have any of you had any luck getting the money into the account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

torbie wrote: »
    Hi all, I havnt read every reply but I have €71 'pending' to my account for over 1 month.

Aww thats cute, try having money that you withdrew last August still not lodge into your account! :pac: And tickets dating back to late 2011 with no replys.

Look its completely random if you get your money, and in general they never reply to any tickets or emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭torbie

Hi tinie - yes it does sound rather foolish after reading this thread back further. Im going to try and find out if they've gone bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

Fatcheese are in the habit of ignoring their customers, or so my experience suggests; it may be effective if you complain to the vendor of the product you bought, and let them know of the sheer volume of complaints being posted about fatcheese; if they vendors start complaining then results of some sort will surely follow.

I've been waiting for a withdrawal to be made to my paypal account since the 14th of May; this was for a Meteor purchase made in December 2012. I'm assuming that the monies are still with fatcheese accumulating interest and so on; I could be wrong but I think my presumptions are plausible, given the amount of transactions they deal with, it would be a nice little earner if you were so inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

I have only got money owed from Fatcheese once.
    I tried 3 other times and just dont bother with them anymore.
    They just ignore you.
    Shameful behaviour from a company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lorraine9021

I have had a lot of trouble with Fatcheese. I ordered Sky through their website and the first problem I had was not getting the correct amount of Cashback I was entitled to (was supposed to get €185 but there is only €135 "pending on my account)
    The second problem I have with Fatcheese is not only is the due date if my Cashback long over due, but anytime I summit a "ticket" they NEVER respond!! I have submitted 6 "tickets" since January and NOT ONE has been responded to!!
    Has anyone else had these kind of problems with Fatcheese?

PhilMcGee wrote: »
    I have only got money owed from Fatcheese once.
    I tried 3 other times and just dont bother with them anymore.
    They just ignore you.
    Shameful behaviour from a company.

I have had a lot of trouble with Fatcheese. I ordered Sky through their website and the first problem I had was not getting the correct amount of Cashback I was entitled to (was supposed to get €185 but there is only €135 "pending on my account)
    The second problem I have with Fatcheese is not only is the due date if my Cashback long over due, but anytime I summit a "ticket" they NEVER respond!! I have submitted 6 "tickets" since January and NOT ONE has been responded to!!

I am thinking of going on the Joe Duffy show about it. In sure plenty of people would ring up that have had the same bad customer service/ripped off with Fatcheese!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I am thinking of going on the Joe Duffy show about it. In sure plenty of people would ring up that have had the same bad customer service/ripped off with Fatcheese!!

Considering they are a UK company complaining to Joe is pointless. .they won't hear about it.

This is their postal address. They have a phone number but thats just for business users so doubt that would be of any use. I'm still waiting on cashback from Justeat and Pigsback...only minor amounts compared to yourself though.

Fatcheese Limited (Company Number: 481966)
    Blair House
    Upper O'Connell Street
    Ennis
    Co Clare

Good luck:)

Thanks very much for that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Considering they are a UK company complaining to Joe is pointless. .they won't hear about it.

Why so?

Regardless of where they may be registered, they've clearly targeted a service at users in the RoI.

Have you any connection with this lot yourself Morrigan? You appear to repeatedly attempt to deflect or rebutt what appears to me wholly valid criticism of Fatcheese on thread. Not saying you don't have a right to your opinion btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Why so?

Regardless of where they may be registered, they've clearly targeted a service at users in the RoI.

Have you any connection with this lot yourself Morrigan? You appear to repeatedly attempt to deflect or rebutt what appears to me wholly valid criticism of Fatcheese on thread. Not saying you don't have a right to your opinion btw.

The main point of complaining to Joe is to shame the company into fixing their problems...as the directors are UK based, they will not hear the complaints, therefore a pointless exercise.

And no, I do not have a connnection with them - I'm just allergic to this culture of entitlement, greed, lawsuits and compensation that seems to be rife in Ireland.

dudara wrote: »
    It is summer - so maybe people are on holidays (especially important when something is a small enterprise).

Anyway - I know that they engage a lot on Twitter, so maybe a message to them via that channel might get you somewhere.

Unless all the staff at Fatcheese are on their Summer Hols since Janurary!

The main point of complaining to Joe is to shame the company into fixing their problems...as the directors are UK based, they will not hear the complaints, therefore a pointless exercise.

And no, I do not have a connnection with them - I'm just allergic to this culture of entitlement, greed, lawsuits and compensation that seems to be rife in Ireland.

I'd tend to chime with your later point, but I'm not sure the gripes folks have with Fatcheese fit that mould tbh. As I've stated previously, people signed up in good faith expecting what the site promised to be delivered upon in a reasonable time-frame, with as little attendant fuss etc.

Taking a business at its word and subsequently calling it out for repeated failure to deliver is in no way demonstrative of a sense of entitlement - which is unreasonable by definition.

bigwillie wrote: »
    You can contact them on their Facebook page . i have a problem about their superquinn- movie promotion , still waiting for the 10e. they were very prompt with their reply.

I contacted them on Facebook twice and got no response!!

Has anyone had any problem getting a response from Fatcheese in the last few weeks.

I'm overdue a payment of €90 and raised a ticket last week.

I also bought car hire and it wasnt allocated to my account and raised a claim.

I've had no response from them.

Is there an email address/phone number I can contact them on ?

I have left 6 "tickets" on Fatcheese - got no response, I have sent them 2 messages on their Facebook account - got no response, and I have written an email to the complaints department at Fatcheese - no response!
    At this point I am not going to continue to expect fairness or any kind of coustomer service from Fatcheese. I will be reporting the company to the Joe Duffy Show. Would any of you like to come on air and explain how Fatcheese treated you?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

I have left 6 "tickets" on Fatcheese - got no response, I have sent them 2 messages on their Facebook account - got no response, and I have written an email to the complaints department at Fatcheese - no response!
    At this point I am not going to continue to expect fairness or any kind of coustomer service from Fatcheese. I will be reporting the company to the Joe Duffy Show. Would any of you like to come on air and explain how Fatcheese treated you?

Funny. My wife sent an email into joe Duffy last week about fatcheese. As did a couple of her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

I really can't see anything happening by talking to Joe.

The company has dissolved over in the UK and the premises they were operating out of seems to be up for rent in Ennis on doing a quick search!

Noticed I haven't received any promo emails from them for a month or two either but I'm not sure if that's a problem with my mail.

Have you contacted Sky to query their affiliation?

Unfortunately there is currently a delay in processing payments. We hope to have this resolved by week ending 26th April 2013.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭sue97

I booked on Expedia through them, no record of the transaction. I opened a ticket on 13th June, no reply. I emailed a Snr Mkting person with Expedia in the hope that fatcheese may consider their business important enough to action my ticket. Will update if I hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Hi guys,

I've experience in affiliate marketing, I know how these cashback sites operate. Don't bother contacting the retailers, as most of them use Fatcheese through a third party affiliate network.

You want to hit them using this network, as they can cause real problems for them. Might speed things up a bit. There are several affiliate networks, but Fatcheese seem to be using Affiliate Window as their main one.

It's also a possibility that Mr. Ahmed Zaman is <SNIP> from Fatcheese. I'm not accusing him, but it's an easy thing to do when it comes to running a cashback site. There's one way you can find out though,

Bcc every person on this list and explain your whole situation with exact details and screenshots of your Fatcheese account as proof. Believe me, Fatcheese won't be long paying out.

Head of Publisher Services

edwyn.mcfarlane@affiliatewindow.com

Account Executive
    <SNIP> (personal email)

Partnerships Account Manager

victoria.limpenny@affiliatewindow.com

Publisher Account Manager
    christopher.said@affiliatewindow.com

Compliance Team
    sumender.singh@affiliatewindow.com

Publisher Services team
    vivien.man@affiliatewindow.com

Client Services Director
    anthony.clements@affiliatewindow.com

Account Development Executive
    vishal.patel@affiliatewindow.com

Account Manager

catherine.flaherty@affiliatewindow.com

Support
    support@digitalwindow.com
    support@affiliatewindow.com

Please don't bother mentioning the time it takes for your pending purchase to be awarded. This is the retailers issue - not Fatcheese and not Affiliate Window. The real problem is:

1. Tracking Issues
    2. Awarded Payments Pending Withdrawl (See Here)

Let me know if you hear anything from them,

Goodluck

• Advertisement

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've experience in affiliate marketing, I know how these cashback sites operate. Don't bother contacting the retailers, as most of them use Fatcheese through a third party affiliate network.

You want to hit them using this network, as they can cause real problems for them. Might speed things up a bit. There are several affiliate networks, but Fatcheese seem to be using Affiliate Window as their main one.

It's also a possibility that Mr. Ahmed Zaman is <SNIP> from Fatcheese. I'm not accusing him, but it's an easy thing to do when it comes to running a cashback site. There's one way you can find out though,

Bcc every person on this list and explain your whole situation with exact details and screenshots of your Fatcheese account as proof. Believe me, Fatcheese won't be long paying out.

Head of Publisher Services

edwyn.mcfarlane@affiliatewindow.com

Account Executive
    <SNIP> (personal email)

Partnerships Account Manager

victoria.limpenny@affiliatewindow.com

Publisher Account Manager
    christopher.said@affiliatewindow.com

Compliance Team
    sumender.singh@affiliatewindow.com

Publisher Services team
    vivien.man@affiliatewindow.com

Client Services Director
    anthony.clements@affiliatewindow.com

Account Development Executive
    vishal.patel@affiliatewindow.com

Account Manager

catherine.flaherty@affiliatewindow.com

Support
    support@digitalwindow.com
    support@affiliatewindow.com

Please don't bother mentioning the time it takes for your pending purchase to be awarded. This is the retailers issue - not Fatcheese and not Affiliate Window. The real problem is:

1. Tracking Issues
    2. Awarded Payments Pending Withdrawl (See Here)

Let me know if you hear anything from them,

Goodluck

Thanks,

Emailed a sample list from the emails listed and they said it's nothing to do with them.

Contacted consumer association who suggested the small claims court. I am going to give them until the end of July to sort it out and think i will go that way then. Don't have anything to lose really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

sue97 wrote: »
    Contacted consumer association who suggested the small claims court. I am going to give them until the end of July to sort it out and think i will go that way then. Don't have anything to lose really.
    You do to be honest. Small claims court isn't free, and it isn't going to do anything. fatcheese is dead in the water it seems, and all the signs point to the site being dead (offices up for sale, company running it in liquidation).

Digitalism wrote: »
    You do to be honest. Small claims court isn't free, and it isn't going to do anything. fatcheese is dead in the water it seems, and all the signs point to the site being dead (offices up for sale, company running it in liquidation).

I have the guts of 200 quid owing to me so will gamble 20 quid on small claims court to get it back.

They can't continue to market the business as running if they are not running. Potentially they could be making many '000's a day if they are continuing to get money from companies for driving business to them and not paying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

(Affiliate Window) said it's nothing to do with them.

Affiliate Window are very much involved and are still in direct contact with Fatcheese. AW try to disown responsibility but don't take no for an answer.

Thanks,

Emailed a sample list from the emails listed and they said it's nothing to do with them.

Did you include the head of publisher services? (edwyn.mcfarlane@affiliatewindow.com)

I can see how it's a bit of hassle for them to get involved, but if enough people email them they're gonna launch an investigation into fatcheese's account sooner or later.

Might go down the small claims route myself. Have €250 pending withdrawl and some more pending confirmation.

I don't know how to say this without making it an "accusation" but I'm worried about where our money is going. Even if the offices are gone, the accounts are still there and there's still money coming in and money to be paid out to us. Cashback businesses are very automated in the sense that all you have to do is get new merchants, customer support, handle accounting and payout cashback manually.

My question is where our money is going?

Affiliate Window is paying Fatcheese on a monthly basis, they're still getting paid today, but we're not. I'm not going to "accuse" them of anything but come on, put 2 and 2 together.

Oh and if anyone is looking for an alternative, I've been using Topcashback recently and they seem pretty good, very slow to track but their members seem happy with them. Quidco is another alternative too but they're both uk sites, so you can't use as many shops as with fatcheese.

Affiliate Window are very much involved and are still in direct contact with Fatcheese. AW try to disown responsibility but don't take no for an answer.

Can you put a bit of flesh on the bones here PD?

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Did you include the head of publisher services? (edwyn.mcfarlane@affiliatewindow.com)

I can see how it's a bit of hassle for them to get involved, but if enough people email them they're gonna launch an investigation into fatcheese's account sooner or later.

Might go down the small claims route myself. Have €250 pending withdrawl and some more pending confirmation.

I don't know how to say this without making it an "accusation" but I'm worried about where our money is going. Even if the offices are gone, the accounts are still there and there's still money coming in and money to be paid out to us. Cashback businesses are very automated in the sense that all you have to do is get new merchants, customer support, handle accounting and payout cashback manually.

My question is where our money is going?

Affiliate Window is paying Fatcheese on a monthly basis, they're still getting paid today, but we're not. I'm not going to "accuse" them of anything but come on, put 2 and 2 together.

Oh and if anyone is looking for an alternative, I've been using Topcashback recently and they seem pretty good, very slow to track but their members seem happy with them. Quidco is another alternative too but they're both uk sites, so you can't use as many shops as with fatcheese.

Yep, he was the person who replied. I have no issue with them, their reply was prompt and polite and to be fair, I don't have a contract with him or his staff so it was nice of him to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

ok am I really thick here or am I putting 2+2 together and getting 5??? are we saying these two companies are screwing us over? I am owed a large amount too! backstards!

Never mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Fatcheese

Hi guys

I'm from Fatcheese and firstly I'd like to take the opportunity to apologise for the lack of service received by a number of members which we're in the middle of resolving. We were told we weren't able to post on here which is why I hadn't posted before but thought I needed to so apologies to board.ie as well.

We're launching an update to the site within the next 2-3 weeks which we hope will resolve a lot of the issues being experienced.

I'll post a full reply with details shortly of what the issues have been but just wanted to add a holding reply for now and ask if you could please bear with me while I do so. We're currently half way through a backlog of tickets and processing of payments so you should hopefully have a reply over the next few days.

Please note your relationship is with Fatcheese.ie only and contacting other vendors like Affiliate Window will not help as they only provide a tracking solution for a number of our retailers and so will be unable to help.

I'll try to answer any questions you may have on here as well.

Many thanks,

T.

Advertisement