Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie stinks of corruption.

Options
  • 14-08-2011 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I had a thread closed for being supposedly being in violation of the rules of boards.ie. When asked what was the rule(s) in question, the moderator could not answer. The subject matter of my post was ignored (by all but a handful of posters) as was the profanity used by one individual poster to describe me. He must obviously be a friend of the aforementioned moderator.
    I directly question the justification of the decision made and the competence of the moderator in question. In my limited experience of these forums they stink of corruption.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It helps if you could direct us to the thread in question.

Talking in vague, general terms, while making ill-informed accusations will get you nowhere.

I'm all ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭makavelithedon

While there is nothing ill-informed about my accusations, I see little that surprises me in your obviously hostile and biased attitude. You claim not to be aware of my thread and yet you deem my accusations ill-informed? Possible how??
    That can only possibly mean one of two things. You are biased, or as i suspect you have already seen the aforementioned thread and made up your mind. Either way you are a prime example of the corruption i speak of.
    Thank you Tom
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73765084

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

While there is nothing ill-informed about my accusations, I see little that surprises me in your obviously hostile and biased attitude. You claim not to be aware of my thread and yet you deem my accusations ill-informed? Possible how??

How can you make judgements on the relationship of two members of Boards.ie based on a small number of posts on a thread? Do you have any background knowledge on the people in question? Or are you making assumptions because things didn't go your way?
    That can only possibly mean one of two things. You are biased, or as i suspect you have already seen the aforementioned thread and made up your mind. Either way you are a prime example of the corruption i speak of.
    Thank you Tom
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73765084

So, let me get this right. You were banned from a different site and you posted here asking how to get around it, then get upset because nobody would give you a straight answer?

Have I given an accurate summary of the sequence of events?

I must refer you to the subject matter of this thread ie. my original post.
    Not what you want to talk about.
    I wish to know the reason my thread was closed and what rule(s) or charter I violated. (sick of repeating this)
    I question the competency of the moderator in question, his motives and the way he tolerates the use of profanities in a forum under his moderation.
    I now also question your competency, for obvious reasons. Might i suggest being all "eyes" instead of "ears" and if you cannot do little more than try confuse the situation, then i entreat any other moderator who might be reading this to answer me, as you have proved unable to.
    I do thank you for your time and effort though.

As it turns out my closed thread did present me with the information i needed, with posts from 'mapforj' and 'overheal'

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You were banned from another forum and used Boards to try and find a way of circumventing the ban. This is in breach of the following clause from the Boards Terms of Use:
    You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to:

* post Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of any party

Your attempt to gain access to that site through information gathered on Boards breaches their right to privacy, namely that they don't want you there any more.

As regards the profanity used against you, that poster received an infraction for their post, so it did not go unpunished. Your accusations of incompetence and favouritism levelled against the mod are therefore baseless and should be retracted, preferably with an apology.

• Advertisement

The information i requested was not in any way in breach of the clause you have quoted. The medium in question is a public forum, any right to privacy clearly does not apply.
    My accusations of favoritism and incompetence stand, as they are blindingly obvious from the above posts, and the meandering monosyllabic replies of the primary moderator.
    This system is flawed, clearly open to abuse and unable to provide me with just cause.
    Thank you for your time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boards is a public site but if you're sitebanned then it no longer becomes available to you and by extension becomes a private site. This would also apply to the other site.

As your accusations of incompetence and favouritism are clearly baseless and you have neither retracted them or apologised for them as requested, I see no reason why your ramblings should be entertained any further on this thread so I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement