Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities For Children In Drogheda.

Options
  • 14-08-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all...

Hoping to get a bit of heads up from you all...

After a long summer I am now looking for well run activities for my 6 year old son to be taking part in Drogheda to break up the winter months? He is already in swimming lessons in Aura every Wednesday, but I was thinkiing something along the lines of Soccer or GAA??

My only issue is each Saturday he visits his Dad so perferably something that happens on other days as I cant gurantee he would be there!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

I think the Boyne Rugby Club on the Ballymackenny road are starting their annual summer camp on monday (tomorrow).

I could be completely wrong though (it seems a bit late in the year to be starting a summer camp? But maybe that's how GAA works?).

There's that little Duke theatre place that do drama and stuff, but I don't know anything about it, or how it's run or how child-friendly it is, etc. but it could be worth looking at?

You could look at one of the Voluntary Ambulance groups, either? Order of Malta meet on a Tuesday, I believe, at the Laurance's Gate. Might not be the most fun a child could have, but it'd be something to do if you're stuck for other ideas.

I think the Drogheda Leisure Park place are starting an indoor football thing aimed at kids in a little while too (I often see banners and such on the railings outside, but not sure of the specifics).

Not sure of anything else, off the top of my head.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

A non sport option might be the Fit Kids hip hop dance classes. The facebook link below gives details of there times and the Drogheda class is on Friday afternoons. My 4 year old currently goes and can't wait to get back to it after the Summer as she has so much fun and gets great exercise.

The instructors are from the 'Raw Edge Crew' who have featured in Sky Ones 'Got to dance'. I can't speak highly enough of there energy for dancing and for keeping the kids entertained. Each class is paid for on the day, so you won't have to sign up to a full term in advance meaning you can check out one or two classes to see if its something your son might like.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fit-Kids-Fit-Teens/144339035629831?sk=info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I know some boxing and karate clubs would hold classes week nights, he might enjoy something like that. I know I did when I was a wee lad and I stuck at it for years :)

Your issue with soccer and gaa is typically training is week nights but matches typically are held on saturday/sunday mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks very much for all the ideas...plenty to keep him busy for awhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

calex, could you recommend anything for a 4 yr old. Thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement