Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpacks

Options
  • 14-08-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for a nice backpack for ages now. I tend to carry a lot of stuff and went off handbags ages ago in favour of messenger bags. My back still gets sore though. I've been eyeing up this kanken for months now, but its £60. I would use it regularly as a everyday bag though.

44058_1.jpg

Does anyone know of any other nice, simple backpacks that are waterproof? I already have a jansport and a roxy one and they are just canvas, not waterproof at all (I live in glasgow and have tested this theory more times than I care to remember).

Also, I know these bags aren't to everyone's taste (they weren't to mine in the beginning) but if you have nothing constructive to offer please don't bother responding, just scroll on by. Haters gonna hate.

I'm also considering this Kipling backpack:
    -17992508267374310.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love the galaxy bag! I'm on the hunt for a backpack also. Love the look of the canvas style ones, but they're just not going to do in our weather!

I like the Kanken one also, if it's waterproof and you're going to use it everyday, £60 might be a good investment. I've had various bags just from around the house (always a backpack lying around somewhere!), but they were just too gross for me to use everyday :p They were ruining my look! :pac:

Been looking at LeSportSac online, but haven't been able to go to the store yet to see if they're waterproof. I'm going to an outlet soon so will try get get one for cheaps!

Love this one and this one, but I think they're new season so won't be in outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The Kipling one is lovely. I have a Kipling bag actually and iirc I think it's waterproof.

I'm lusting after these two from Lazy Oaf at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm also considering this Kipling backpack:
    -17992508267374310.jpg

That looks like a black milk dress I'd love to buy!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Twee. wrote: »
    I love the galaxy bag! I'm on the hunt for a backpack also. Love the look of the canvas style ones, but they're just not going to do in our weather!

I like the Kanken one also, if it's waterproof and you're going to use it everyday, £60 might be a good investment. I've had various bags just from around the house (always a backpack lying around somewhere!), but they were just too gross for me to use everyday :p They were ruining my look! :pac:

Been looking at LeSportSac online, but haven't been able to go to the store yet to see if they're waterproof. I'm going to an outlet soon so will try get get one for cheaps!

Love this one and this one, but I think they're new season so won't be in outlet.

I love the patent LeSportSac ones. I was looking for patent ones on eBay actually, but nothing came up.

I ended up buying the Kipling backpack about two hours after making this post! I think I was attracted to it instantaneously whereas with the kanken ones I was hmming about it for 3-4 months. Plus the Kipling was almost £20 cheaper.

Oh god you're telling me, I alternate between a plain black jansport and a light blue quicksilver backpack that I bought years ago during my surfing phase and it does not match any of my wardrobe!

[
    moonflower wrote: »
    The Kipling one is lovely. I have a Kipling bag actually and iirc I think it's waterproof.

I'm lusting after these two from Lazy Oaf at the moment.

I was looking on lazy oaf too! They are absolutely adorable, but i couldn't pull them off, they're too cutesy for me. I especially like the first one.
    That looks like a black milk dress I'd love to buy!!!! :D

I know the one you mean, its gorgeous!

Advertisement