Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cabra

Options
  • 14-08-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi, hope you guys can clear up one or two questions for me please!

I have been offered very reasonable rent in Cabra and just have a few questions.

Firstly is it safe or rough area?
    How much would a taxi from the city centre at night time be?
    Is it well serviced for buses?
    Is it walkable to city centre?

I will be working in a bar and not finished until 4am sometimes thats why I am a bit afraid to move so far out!

Thanks in advance,
    Shanley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Navan road is well serviced into town but the majority of Cabra isn't really that well serviced AFAIK (122 would be the main bus).

It's not the safest area in all honesty, but far from the worst. You're not going to get mugged or anything.

I wouldn't consider it walkable to city centre 30+ mins at the least I'd imagine. Taxi should be €12-€18 depending on the exact location.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Firstly is it safe or rough area? depends on where you are renting
    How much would a taxi from the city centre at night time be?depending on where you are going to live but around 12e -18e
    Is it well serviced for buses? depends on where you are living
    Is it walkable to city centre?depends on where you are living - 30 - 50 mins

Cabra is a big place so everything depends on where are living

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Thanks for the replies guys, the address is Cabra Road, Dublin 7 if that helps a bit more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

you do realise everyone who reads this public board now knows where you will be living. maybe edit out the house number?
    In any case, northside of town is definitely walkable, although some people don't like using the two long things hanging out of their arse for more than 5 or 10 minutes so might disagree. area is grand, taxi would probably be about a tenner. city centre to there would be 10 minutes in a taxi at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I usually walk 25mins in Galway to city centre so it would be more or less the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

dont know where you work but 25 mins will put you on o'connel street anyway yeah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement