Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMX Bike for Present: We The People

Options
  • 14-08-2011 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

As usual, I am clueless being of the Chopper era more than BMX...

I want to buy a BMX style bike for my son (7, going on 8), and I am advised to buy the best I can - that (in Dublin bike stores) appears to be a We The People.

Any insights? Are they an established brand with backup and durability. Ain't cheap...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

We The People are good bikes alright, but I think they're too expensive to be buying an 8 year old to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

It's not as if he will ever grow out of it!
    This young chap could be the next......well I don't know any famous BMXer guys names.....but you know what I'm trying to say.
    I think we the people bikes start around 400 eurons but they will last, anything cheaper than that and you'll just be buying c**p!
    If you're willing to spend the money, we the people are worth it.

Oh and back up service isn't too bad, the board room in Greystones is the distributor, the guys there are....how can I put this....layed back to say the least, but the bikes are near bomb prof in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Thanks everyone. Expensive alright, but I see this as a longish term investment. I hear some people ride these things until they're in their late teens and after...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭C3PO

Richie Byrne in Eurocycles on the Long Mile Road is doing great deals at the moment on Felt BMXs which are a good bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

+1 on the felts, I like 'em but lets not confuse the OP:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement