Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Wheelers Hillclimb Challenge

• 14-08-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Bray Wheelers had their hillclimb event during the week on Slaughter Hill behind Newtownmountkennedy. Can anyone tell me start end points for the climb?

I've been using the hill for some repeats recently and I'm trying to compare my times to that of the HC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

As you go up by the industrial estate, where the road narrows was the start point, and about 4km up the road where it levels out was the finish, there is a narrow road to the right, about 50m after where the finish line was, winning time was 8mins 20secs. on the map you posted, it's the road beside knockraheen (between ballinahinch upper and the cottages)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Thanks XZ. As I feared. I'd have made 36th place :o. I couldn't even contemplate an 8.20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Plastik wrote: »
    Thanks XZ. As I feared. I'd have made 36th place :o. I couldn't even contemplate an 8.20.

you probably still would be quicker than me up there with that time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Did you mark the road at all?

Might wander down sometime and give it a go (so I can confirm how crap I am).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

This is what I've been using. You can come straight up from 'Moneycarroll' on the map, it's not a dead end. I've been using the crossroads as a start point and have used the top as the top.

Low/mid 14mins being my best the other evening. Headwind, low sun, crap surface, underinflated tyres, eh ... etc !

• Advertisement
Advertisement