Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design in Visual communications..

Options
  • 14-08-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I was thinking of doing the Design in Visual communications course in AIT and i see it requires a portfolio. Can the portfolio be made up of graphic art?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Hey Tripsi, as with most courses it doesn't necessarily have to be graphic work, they essentially want to know art wise what your abilities are creatively. I did the course myself and its a good one. The thing youll have to realise is, you wont be thrown onto computers to start with there will be a lot of creative stuff that you'll do with pen and paper before your really allowed move onto the computers. As I say its a good course that covers most of the areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Thank you :) I have a lot of graphic work saved up. Could i maybe make the portfolio entirly of graphic work?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Yeah you can fill it with as much graphic work as you wish, (I had done a portfolio course before heading there and my portfolio weighed a friggin ton!) although, some variety just to show you can draw and compose a piece wouldn't do any harm. I may be wrong and if I am someone please say, but as I say there is a lot of drawing and crafts in the first year or so of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Thanks a million. :)

Advertisement