Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spectacular leopard attack pics

Options
  • 14-08-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭

I bet some of you have seen this already but it's worth posting anyways. These are the photographs of a recent leopard attack in India. Leopards are the smallest and most adaptable of the big cats, and often live near human settlements (often attracted by one of their favorite prey, domesticated dogs).

leopardattack10-290x160.jpg

Leopard-Attack-In-India-11-People-Injured.jpg

leopard-attack%20in%20india.jpg

072011-image-leopard-attack-1.jpg

leopard-attack-200711-08.jpg

722bcbd34a3c9e3daa0a99618cef.jpeg

0720_leopard_attack_AP_2_full.jpg

8b24b43e442597c0533f68275eca.jpeg

In this incident, the leopard mauled several people before being tranquilized; unfortunately, it had been stabbed during the fight with the police and wildlife officers and although it was taken to a vet, it died shortly after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Thanks Adam if memory serves me their the most diverse and widepread member of the bigcat family. Its amazing to think that leopards in India have been known to attack people while its himalayan cousin the snow leopard is rarely seen by man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Thanks Adam if memory serves me their the most diverse and widepread member of the bigcat family. Its amazing to think that leopards in India have been known to attack people while its himalayan cousin the snow leopard is rarely seen by man.

Yep. Not so surprising though if we consider that the Indian lowlands are among the most densely populated regions in the world, whereas the snow leopard still has plenty of relatively undisturbed habitat...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I bet some of you have seen this already but it's worth posting anyways. These are the photographs of a recent leopard attack in India. Leopards are the smallest and most adaptable of the big cats, and often live near human settlements (often attracted by one of their favorite prey, domesticated dogs).

Indeed - and on that basis I reckon there the only big cat thats going to see out this centuary still in the wild given the bleak outlook for its near relatives:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Indeed - and on that basis I reckon there the only big cat thats going to see out this centuary still in the wild given the bleak outlook for its near relatives:(

Let us think positive :cool:

Advertisement