Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Byrnes World of Wonder: Receivership?

Options
  • 14-08-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just heard that Byrnes World of Wonder has been placed into receivership as is been run as from today by accountants who will run it as a going concern. I have previously worked for them as a a manager and I have to say I do feel sorry for the Byrne family and all the staff. Hopefully something will be worked out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Ditto your sentiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sad to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Not all that surprised. They have a poor selection and not particularly good value. Just nothing particularly exciting or innovative about their shops.
    Others do it better and cheaper to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

mfitzy wrote: »
    Not all that surprised. They have a poor selection and not particularly good value. Just nothing particularly exciting or innovative about their shops.
    Others do it better and cheaper to be honest.

Yeah it was terribly run. Management and the Byrne's family could never get on the same page about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

they gone down here too mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The High St store has closed. I wonder with Easons announcing they are coming to KK and Carlow a few months were they simply waiting to get into their prime units? It would make a fine Easons store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

mfitzy wrote: »
    The High St store has closed. I wonder with Easons announcing they are coming to KK and Carlow a few months were they simply waiting to get into their prime units? It would make a fine Easons store.

The Byrne's on High Street now has a "Re-opening soon" sign on their door. There are flyers up at the Junction with an Easons coming soon sign [They're right by the Pharmacy. So it might be going there]

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

wow, so sorry to hear that. They were an institution

Advertisement