Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving over from the UK - come on then - best personal current account?

Options
  • 14-08-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

So I'm moving over in September. Currently looking at which bank I should join for a personal current account. In the UK I have an Advantage Gold account with NatWest (http://www.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/g1/advantage-gold.ashx) It gives me mobile phone insurance, travel insurance, breakdown cover and a few other things and costs £12.95/month. There are no transaction charges, although I gather in Ireland the banks do charge for transactions?

I guess really the banks are all very similar. A bank is a bank. So what I'm looking for I guess is decent customer service, availability of branches, quality and easy of use of the online banking system.

Who do you bank with and are they any good? (As 'good' as a bank can be in the current climate!!) :-)

Comments

Advertisement