Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a new game...??

• 14-08-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Heading towards Roundwood on the bike this morning...a navy golf 97-d-????pulls out from a side road ,no biggy plenty of time to make an overtake...BUT THEN...the rear seat passengers decide to dump all their thrash out the windows as i approach..water bottles,cups and various empty packets...all over the road in front of me...luckily i managed to avoid any of it as i was close enough to get past....If i'd had the mates with me ...well you know....;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

Sids Not wrote: »
    Heading towards Roundwood on the bike this morning...a navy golf 97-d-????pulls out from a side road ,no biggy plenty of time to make an overtake...BUT THEN...the rear seat passengers decide to dump all their thrash out the windows as i approach..water bottles,cups and various empty packets...all over the road in front of me...luckily i managed to avoid any of it as i was close enough to get past....If i'd had the mates with me ...well you know....;)

:eek:....christ... I hope its just idiots/gobschites rather than a trend

did you get their reg?.......would've been nice if you had a camera on.

couple of weeks ago on the outskirts of town.....couple of cro magnons decided it would be a good idea to garryowen a rugby ball so it dropped right in front of me on the road...just avoided it, luckily I was slowing down......................was'nt an accident either..............they didn't think it was quite as funny when I pulled in a little down the road and took a couple of snaps of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's a few nutters out that way.

My Bro in law cycles a lot around there, they've been shoot at with air rifles and had loads of mad stuff thrown at them. One time a looper decided to cut them up in his car, he was stopped at a junction a little ahead and got a nice fright when the Garda he'd just tried to kill knocked on his window and did him for dangerous driving.

Then there's also the possibility that they didn't see you and where just scum littering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's a few nutters out that way.
    Then there's also the possibility that they didn't see you and where just scum littering

It was because they saw me that they did it.....they were looking around at me laughing....
    I just remember the start of the reg...but realistically, there'd be no point reporting it....
    I'm guessing that it was just few scumbags , probably spent the night drinking (and/or bumming each other) up in forest ..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

happened to myself there a while back heading toward blessington, lad in the back of a car decided it would be hilarious to see how much bog roll he could get out the window at me - roads are tight at some parts and it took me 1 or 2 minutes to overtake... morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It was because they saw me that they did it.....they were looking around at me laughing....
    I just remember the start of the reg...but realistically, there'd be no point reporting it....
    I'm guessing that it was just few scumbags , probably spent the night drinking (and/or bumming each other) up in forest ..:)

You should have followed them. That alone would probably put the shìts up them

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    You should have followed them. That alone would probably put the shìts up them

I would have loved to have the cahoonas to wait up the road and fcuk a rock through the windsrceen...then i would be the bad guy....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thewatch

wing mirrors go Ping :D

Pr!cks. All that happens if you report it is that the Gardaí will ask you do you want them prosecuted and then you'll need to take time off work.

I would have loved to have the cahoonas to wait up the road and fcuk a rock through the windsrceen...then i would be the bad guy....:rolleyes:

When I've the baffle out of the exhaust my friends won't ride behind me. Would have enjoyed getting ahead of them and deafening them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A Size 9 implanted into the rear passenger door at the next set of lights would not go astray. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

thewatch wrote: »
    wing mirrors go Ping :D
    +1
    The biggest thing I've learned on bikes is to stand up for myself regardless. In fairness none of these pricks want to actually come to blows with a guy in fully armoured gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Would it a good idea to have a small knife/screwdriver strapped to the side of your boot, and just whip it out at the lights and carve your name into his car door?

Xios wrote: »
    Would it a good idea to have a small knife/screwdriver strapped to the side of your boot, and just whip it out at the lights and carve your name into his car door?

No, that would be considered a dangerous weapon.
    A motorcycle boot isn't;)

I wouldn't like to slid down a road knowing that there's something hard and sharp attached to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'm not giving advice on participating in vigilantism, merely reporting what I've been told some guys back home are doing to educate drivers out to kill bikers.

They carry this kind of yoke in their boot or in a handy pocket on the bike...

22201_0.jpg

...and leave it at the next lights in the offenders roof/bonnet/similar...

Boskowski wrote: »
    I'm not giving advice on participating in vigilantism, merely reporting what I've been told some guys back home are doing to educate drivers out to kill bikers.

22201_0.jpg

That would make his ears burn...........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Boskowski wrote: »

22201_0.jpg

Patented torsion control grip technology reduces the effects of torque on wrists and elbows, Patented AntiVibe® technology minimizes vibration and shock at impact, Magnetic Nail Start feature for extended reach and one-handed nailing capabilitys.

FFS, it a hammer. It hits nails. I'm sick of this Marketing bull.

Patented torsion control grip technology reduces the effects of torque on wrists and elbows, Patented AntiVibe® technology minimizes vibration and shock at impact, Magnetic Nail Start feature for extended reach and one-handed nailing capabilitys.

FFS, it a hammer. It hits nails. I'm sick of this Marketing bull.

Ill bet Colin Edwards has one..............:)

Advertisement