Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iron Fist Shoes

• 14-08-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

So my wife has a passion for these shoes, the Brand is Iron Fist and the only retailer in Ireland is Schuh, where a pair of platforms costs around 85Euro :mad::mad:

These are the last one's she got from Schuh

sharkattack.jpg

Linky : http://ie.schuh.co.uk/iron-fist/womens-multi-iron-fist-shark-corset-back/1156189960

As this was costing me a small fortune i decided to shop around, i just bought 2 pairs from Iron Fist direct (From U.S) for 81 Euro, which includes priority International delivery!!

These are the 2 pairs i bought

1.jpg

2.jpg

Linky : http://www.shop.ironfistclothing.com/AllProducts.aspx?category=279

They have a pretty decent sale on at the moment, and it looks like only an extra $10 is added to postage for each extra pair of shoes.

Also by keeping the order relatively low (2 pairs) ya won't get stung for custom charges

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

A guy that buys shoes for his wife? Bizarre.:eek:

BTW you could well be done for VAT and duty even on a single pair. In fact anything more than €23 IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

T-Maxx wrote: »

BTW you could well be done for VAT and duty even on a single pair. In fact anything more than €23 IIRC.

It keeps her happy ;);)

As for paying VAT, i've ordered countless stuff from sites in U.S and the cost has always been below 100Euro, mainly about 70/80, and i've never had to pay import taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Well I think you are lovely for buying your wife shoes Scudzilla:) And thanks very much for posting the link as I love Iron fist shoes. Amazon.co.uk also have a small selection of Iron fist shoes with good prices, sizes seem limited though but its worth keeping an eye on the more expensive ones as the prices often come down. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-alias%3Dshoes&field-keywords=iron+fist&sprefix=iron+fist#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A355005011%2Ck%3Airon+fist%2Cp_76%3A186770031%2Cp_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE&bbn=355005011&sort=price&keywords=iron+fist&ie=UTF8&qid=1313357678

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

scudzilla wrote: »
    These are the 2 pairs i bought

1.jpg

2.jpg

Linky : http://www.shop.ironfistclothing.com/AllProducts.aspx?category=279

They have a pretty decent sale on at the moment, and it looks like only an extra $10 is added to postage for each extra pair of shoes.

Also by keeping the order relatively low (2 pairs) ya won't get stung for custom charges

I bet you look really pretty in them.

I checked out the VAT thing, the shoes come to $70 for the 2 pairs, 50Euro, so IF i get collared to pay VAT it'll only be 10.50.

lindtee wrote: »
    Well I think you are lovely for buying your wife shoes Scudzilla:) And thanks very much for posting the link as I love Iron fist shoes. Amazon.co.uk also have a small selection of Iron fist shoes with good prices, sizes seem limited though but its worth keeping an eye on the more expensive ones as the prices often come down. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-alias%3Dshoes&field-keywords=iron+fist&sprefix=iron+fist#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A355005011%2Ck%3Airon+fist%2Cp_76%3A186770031%2Cp_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE&bbn=355005011&sort=price&keywords=iron+fist&ie=UTF8&qid=1313357678

Those that i got are still WAY cheaper than those on Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Wow, thats a really good deal :)

I bought a pair of Ironfist shoes in Schuh and it cost about 70e.
    Wasn't too bad though, but still there are so many to choose from, so that is a fantastic offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

I was shopping around for Iron Fist shoes lately too and considered buying direct from the US store but I was afraid of getting stung for customs/extra charges on delivery - so good to know it didn't happen to OP.

I ended up getting my shoes from http://www.katesclothing.co.uk/ - they have a 10% discount code when you sign up for their newsletter. My shoes were on sale at £39.99stg then got my 10% off. Postage to Ireland cost I think about £6.50stg. Placed my order on Tuesday afternoon and the postman arrived with my shoes first thing Friday morning, and cost me €49!

Anyway I love them....so will definitely be in the market for more Iron Fist shoes :)
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=22350366

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Branch 309 both on their .co.uk & in their ebay.co.uk shop have some - but it's a bit hit & miss - good prices when they have what you're after though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

You could also try Branch309 (free shipping if you spend over £50) and if you go through fatcheese you can get between 5%-7% cashback.

03.jpg

• Advertisement

Would dearly love to take advantage of this, but not a great range on sizes at all. Either tiny shoes or larger sizes available right now it seems. Could only find one decent shoe in my size (6) and it wasn't my favourite :(

First 2 pairs arrived this morning, not a penny asked for/paid in VAT and duty :D:D

Had 2 packages delivered now, not a penny paid for or asked for in import duty/vat

50% Off ALL online orders this weekend only, use promo code MURDER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

It's not so much a bargain alert, but Schuh AREN'T the only suppliers...these guys in Wexford have a decent stock. So it's not an altogether OT post, here's a link to their sale page, think you'll like the prices! http://www.chemicalafflictions.com/category_s/35.htm

Sunshine! wrote: »
    It's not so much a bargain alert, but Schuh AREN'T the only suppliers...these guys in Wexford have a decent stock. So it's not an altogether OT post, here's a link to their sale page, think you'll like the prices! http://www.chemicalafflictions.com/category_s/35.htm

Yeah, awesome prices, 2 pairs (tiki and bloody mess) are 140Euro for the pair delivered, but using the code i just posted ya can get exact same delivered from the states for $79, which is 58Euro.

A whole 82euro saved so i could spend it in the pub while she plays wit her new shoes ;)

So in there infinite wisdom Iron Fist U.S. have decided not to ship to Ireland anymore, telling all UK/Irish customers to buy from there UK site.

A pair of shoes selling for $44 on the U.S site are now $96 on the UK site!!!:mad::mad:

I had a pop at them on there Facebook page about it when another company replied, there website is http://www.styleaddiction.com/

They have a huge collection of Iron Fist (Men & Ladies), Affliction, Ed Hardy etc at pretty awesome prices.

Just ordered 2 pairs of Iron Fist shoes for my wife at a total cost of 64Euro (which includes international shipping)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

So in there infinite wisdom Iron Fist U.S. have decided not to ship to Ireland anymore, telling all UK/Irish customers to buy from there UK site.

A pair of shoes selling for $44 on the U.S site are now $96 on the UK site!!!:mad::mad:

I had a pop at them on there Facebook page about it when another company replied, there website is http://www.styleaddiction.com/

They have a huge collection of Iron Fist (Men & Ladies), Affliction, Ed Hardy etc at pretty awesome prices.

Just ordered 2 pairs of Iron Fist shoes for my wife at a total cost of 64Euro (which includes international shipping)

Let us know if you get them ok and how long it takes etc thanks:)

Vain wrote: »
    Let us know if you get them ok and how long it takes etc thanks:)

Ordered a week last Friday, arrived today, not bad with a holiday weekend.

Shoes are fine, 2 pairs for just over 60 delivered, as opposed to 80/85 per pair in Schuh.

Wife is happy, so as the saying goes, "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

An update on this, Style Addiction now do FREE International shipping, and also have 25% off ALL Iron Fist up until Christmas (use code ironfist25)

Just ordered a pair of red American Nightmare Shoes and a matching bag for The Wench for christmas, princley sum of 53Euro all in (85 A PAIR IN SHU!!)

http://www.styleaddiction.com/brands/Iron-Fist.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

An update on this, Style Addiction now do FREE International shipping, and also have 25% off ALL Iron Fist up until Christmas (use code ironfist25)

Just ordered a pair of red American Nightmare Shoes and a matching bag for The Wench for christmas, princley sum of 53Euro all in (85 A PAIR IN SHU!!)

http://www.styleaddiction.com/brands/Iron-Fist.html

Whats the story with size / fit (ladies would usually be a 5 in our household) and do you pay any customs charges?

• Advertisement

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Whats the story with size / fit (ladies would usually be a 5 in our household) and do you pay any customs charges?

My wife is a 5 so i get U.S 7, fit her grand, and as orders are so low (below 100euro) i've not once been charged import duty

Customs duty is only payable when you go over 150Euro http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1179.html

We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving :) Whoa its Black Friday! Enjoy 60% OFF Iron Fist and Free Shipping! It doesn't get any better than this :) Use code IRONFIST60 at checkout! Don't forget we ship to Australia, UK, Germany, Italy and many more countries :) Check it out http://www.styleaddiction.com/brands/Iron-Fist.html

Just ordered 3 pairs for $52 and free shipping to Ireland

Black Friday sale, 60% off all Iron Fist SHoes with FREE international shipping

http://www.styleaddiction.com/

Use code IRONFIST60

Just ordered The Wench 2 pairs of heels and 1 pair of flats for 39Euro delivered.

Santa sure is gonna be visiting her this year!!

We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving :) Whoa its Black Friday! Enjoy 60% OFF Iron Fist and Free Shipping! It doesn't get any better than this :) Use code IRONFIST60 at checkout! Don't forget we ship to Australia, UK, Germany, Italy and many more countries :) Check it out http://www.styleaddiction.com/brands/Iron-Fist.html

Just ordered 3 pairs for $52 and free shipping to Ireland

HAHAHAHA, beat me to it by seconds!!

Ha Ha Ha - I was thinking you would be on to this sale like a flash!

Seriously what a bargain !!! Would have ordered MORE but they didn't have my size in some of the ones I liked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's trying to charge me 44 dollars for shipping. Is there a minimum spend?

phasers wrote: »
    It's trying to charge me 44 dollars for shipping. Is there a minimum spend?

No minimum spend, when you go to shipping page you have 2 options, select the free one as the 44quid one is set as default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

No minimum spend, when you go to shipping page you have 2 options, select the free one as the 44quid one is set as default

No free option available any more only $24 or $49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I'm being given 2 options 24.99 or 62.95.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

USPS Priority Mail €19.37 USPS Express Mail (Express Mail International) €42.12

Im trying to order too, getting the discount but not free delivery :(

I got the free shipping with my order about 30 mins ago - but I see they've just posted this up on facebook

"Hey guys we are doing the 60% off through midnight tonight. Free Shipping has been limited to U.S. orders. We want to actually stay in business LOL!"

Not sure where that leaves me?!?

Same here, payment gone through with free shipping, they are a great company so hopefully will honour it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I ordered anyway feck it, too good to turn down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

So sad I missed this bargin:( stoopid work making me miss out on spending money.

Anybody get their order yet???

• Advertisement

viv2 wrote: »
    Anybody get their order yet???

Our third order (with the 60% off) just arrived via USPS, got away with the free delivery too, so 30euro for 2 pairs!!

The earlier 2 boxes we ordered are in the country with DHL as per tracking number, been 2 weeks now, but i guess it was free delivery

Postman van delivered my lovely new shoes this morning. Got 3 pairs for 40 euro all in, free delivery!

Very very happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Ordered some for the OH. Got a delivery docket so she can pick them up tomorrow. Couldn't bring myself to do the S&H dodge. Damn my conscience... Either way great BA! Thanks!

Still no sign of my order and i paid $25 for shipping. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

missed that damn! 60% off was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The discount codes don't work even though it said they were valid until christmas, anyone have another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

You had to make me aware of this website didn't you....You've just ruined my bf's life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 markjk

The discount codes don't work even though it said they were valid until christmas, anyone have another?
    Save25 used it last night

If yo have any issues at all just contact them on there FB site, Style Addictions customer service is second to none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

All my stuff arrived safe and sound anyway.

Pair of shoes, two bags and a wallet shipped for $116 dollars.

Insane value considering the same shoes are 95 sterling on the Iron Fist UK site.

mdwexford wrote: »
    All my stuff arrived safe and sound anyway.

Pair of shoes, two bags and a wallet shipped for $116 dollars.

Insane value considering the same shoes are 95 sterling on the Iron Fist UK site.

Nice, what delivery method did you have?

I ordered 3 separate times, 2 were sent by DHL Global Mail which have not yet arrived, but the other one, ordered last, was delivered fine via USPS

Nice, what delivery method did you have?

I ordered 3 separate times, 2 were sent by DHL Global Mail which have not yet arrived, but the other one, ordered last, was delivered fine via USPS

It was USPS, cost $39.99.

6 days from the time it left them till it got to my front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

mdwexford wrote: »
    It was USPS, cost $39.99.

6 days from the time it left them till it got to my front door.

I ordered a pair for my GF last week so will let you know when they arrive. Did you get caught with customs?

No customs.

They marked it as being cheaper than it was :)

First box i ordered just came, only awaiting 1 more box now. DHL Global Mail is soooooo slow (posted Nov 13th!!), but free is free i guess.

USPS or Paid for DHL is the way to go, but if yer not in a rush and want it free....

• Advertisement
Advertisement