Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

I should look out to see if Radioshack will be letting their kit go now that they're changing to Trek Factory Racing, that was another really nice kit.

I had far too much kit too but managed to sell a good bit last week, back down to a less embarrassing level now.

chain reaction have radioshack jerseys on the cheap

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/craft-radioshack-replica-short-sleeve-jersey-2013/rp-prod93108

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not quite cheap enough to tempt me, especially having just got a full kit off Argos-Shimano for just a little bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Plenty of altura jackets
    in sportsworld Tullamore today all sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

My argos shimano gear arrived by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Plenty of altura jackets
    in sportsworld Tullamore today all sizes
    I recieved mine today and can confirm it's a great piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've asked for one for Christmas, regret not just getting it myself!

I need it now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Just a heads up that the 30% off Garmin products from Garmin is active again for today (expires at midnight).

The code GARMIN30 works on both Irish and UK stores (select as appropriate via https://buy.garmin.com). So, here's another chance to get an xmas present sorted for almost a third off regular pricing - enjoy!
    Thanks a mill for the heads up CheGuedara, €60 off an Edge 500. Couldn't resist! Arrived so fast too. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the heads up CheGuedara, €60 off an Edge 500. Couldn't resist! Arrived so fast too. Delighted.

I think it's good for today (21st) also if anyone's missed out. Code is GARMIN30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Just a heads up, I picked up Nicholas Roche's biography Inside The Peleton in Dealz in Galway for only €1.49.

Loads in stock too.

: )

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

mosstin wrote: »
    I think it's good for today (21st) also if anyone's missed out. Code is GARMIN30.
    It was at 2am this morning.

• Advertisement

Solobally8 wrote: »

Wish I could say the same after numerous calls to ups and promises of delivery they have not bothered unless you live in a city or a large town they don't want to know have to drive to Dublin to collect on Monday now there a joke have sent garmin a mail about there choice of courier in the future,won't b surprised when I arrive Monday to collect its stuck on a truck heading here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Wish I could say the same after numerous calls to ups and promises of delivery they have not bothered unless you live in a city or a large town they don't want to know have to drive to Dublin to collect on Monday now there a joke have sent garmin a mail about there choice of courier in the future,won't b surprised when I arrive Monday to collect its stuck on a truck heading here

Seriously what courier company won't delivery outside of Dublin/Large town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

UPS, they suck arse

Ups are 1 for sure never had an issue with any company before we live 2 miles outside of Edenderry Offaly hardly the middle of nowhere we do have roads down here the fact that they were not coming this way is the issue I'd say I would not mind but they have collected packages here for me before but I guess that was different I was paying them they should head back to the states where they came from

Ups are 1 for sure never had an issue with any company before we live 2 miles outside of Edenderry Offaly hardly the middle of nowhere we do have roads down here the fact that they were not coming this way is the issue I'd say I would not mind but they have collected packages here for me before but I guess that was different I was paying them they should head back to the states where they came from

Look they are paid to do a service and should fulfill it.

I'm just after ordering the 500 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Thanks for the heads up on the garmin sale. I however am torn between the 500 and the 510. Have gone through this before but bottom line is I'm against the 510 due to increased size and no strava direct upload (I use edge 200 now)

Can somebody guide me here before the sale finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

The size increase is small and you can upload to strava via http://www.copymysports.com . However that takes a couple of hours before it appears on strava and who knows, that site might disappear tomorrow.

I like the auto uploading via my phone with the 510 but I don't know if it's worth an extra 100 quid or so. It also comes with the premium (cloth) HR strap - which is a step up from the old plastic strap in terms of comfort over longer periods. I'm glad I got the 510 but meh, either one really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

furiousox wrote: »
    Hmm, remember they're a 'Magnum' so the sizing is a bit more generous.
    Let us know how they fit when you get them.

Got the 43s today - they fit perfectly tbh.

So - 42.5 in everyday shoes, 43 in Diadora, 43 in Sidi, 43 in Specialized and 43.5 in Scott!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

At least a dozen of those Altura jackets in Sportsworld in Navan around lunch time today. A good mix of sizes & colours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'd have pulled the trigger on those Diadora a long time ago if we could ever get some sort of consensus on the sizing. So far we have one person having purchased say to go a half size down, another saying to go a half size up, and a third saying go with your regular size!

• Advertisement

Just buy what you think, and return them if you're not happy!

I was on to their customer service and they said to return the old ones, buy the new ones, and if the new ones cost more than the original purchase they'd refund the difference.

Other than the hassle of returning them, it's all pretty painless...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

My size 45 Specialized shoes fit me perfectly.
    With the size 45 Diadoras there is a gap at the heel large enough for me to fit my index finger into, that's why I reckon I need to go down half a size.

CPL 593H

It's mad (and really frustrating) that something as simple as sizing can be so inconsistent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have Shinanos (R078) and Diadora ProRacers in 44 and there is no difference in either size wise so if you know what size Shinanos you take then go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

About 7 varium jackets left in sportsworld in wexford. 4 blue and 3 black, all different sizes. Didn't like the feel of them personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

AltAccount wrote: »
    It's mad (and really frustrating) that something as simple as sizing can be so inconsistent

Have you ever bought Italian gear??!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

About 7 varium jackets left in sportsworld in wexford. 4 blue and 3 black, all different sizes. Didn't like the feel of them personally.

There were 4 left in the Northside Shopping Centre branch earlier - small blue, medium blue, small red & medium red. I bagged the last large in red. Nice jacket, especially for the money.

I had called ahead to check the stock and they put the large aside for me so I'm sure they'd do the same for others to save you a wasted trip if you are interested. They are on a rail just beside the counter downstairs to save you wandering aimlessly about the shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

After Sports World cancelled my online order for an XL Red one I managed to pick one up in Carrick-on-Shannon today. Funny thing is when I rang them during the week they said they were sold out of the jackets. I just popped in as I was passing and they had a whole bunch of Blue and Red jackets in a variety of sizes.

fran426ft wrote: »
    After Sports World cancelled my online order for an XL Red one I managed to pick one up in Carrick-on-Shannon today. Funny thing is when I rang them during the week they said they were sold out of the jackets. I just popped in as I was passing and they had a whole bunch of Blue and Red jackets in a variety of sizes.

Too lazy to go and check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Only 4 Altura jackets in Sportsworld Sligo. 3 blue (2 medium and 1 large) and 1 black (small).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement