Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

lennymc wrote: »
    id nearly buy this for the craic.

Are you going to wear it as a belly top lenny?

You should definitely buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

Found this but its not in my size.
    Serious deal for a new 2010 model TCR Advanced in large. Only €850 http://www.kennysforbikes.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=0&product_id=373&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

robfahy wrote: »
    50% off sale on the Tour de France website...
    http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour/default.aspx

great offers missus wanted radioshack jersey struggled to get the size till now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

robfahy wrote: »
    50% off sale on the Tour de France website...
    http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour/default.aspx

Damn I've just been back on and ordered another pair of Oakleys (that's 3 pairs now :o )... also noted that the "team sky" base layer at £22 is the same Rapha is still selling at £55. Seemed like too good a bargain to pass on so ordered two of them too... that my christmas money spent well and truly now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Damn I've just been back on and ordered another pair of Oakleys (that's 3 pairs now :o )... also noted that the "team sky" base layer at £22 is the same Rapha is still selling at £55. Seemed like too good a bargain to pass on so ordered two of them too... that my christmas money spent well and truly now!

Well spotted!

What's the postage and packaging costs, d'ya know?...Just seen that now!

Interesting that all the Rapha softshell jackets are gone...Serious bargain at half price!!

• Advertisement

ckeego wrote: »
    Well spotted!

What's the postage and packaging costs, d'ya know?

Free to UK so €3.50 with Parcel Motel or £6 to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Where did you get the Oakleys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

BMC medium kit (via that TdF link) for £ 50 seems alright if I wasn't stuck with stupid Argos already! I guess it was cheaper though! :)

Where did you get the Oakleys?

From the TDF site mentioned before - http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour/default.aspx choose shop by brand and it should say oakley.

50% off is better than I've seen anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

MOD VOICE: No links to counterfeits or scams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Mugser wrote: »
    Removed link]

This is clearly a scam that's been well documented online.

Stay clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

666bxg wrote: »
    This is clearly a scam that's been well documented online.

Stay clear!

Balls!!!
    On the phone for me for a while so. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

How come that site is not shut down yet?
    Based in china or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

BadCharlie wrote: »

A friend got stung with the Rayban 'version' of the scam few weeks back. Finding it hard to get the money back.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BadCharlie wrote: »
    The link has ben taken down, but it gave the impression of being an Irish website (.com rather than .ie though), but there were no contact details - always a suspicious sign (I think there's a requirement for EU sites to provide full contact and returns details online)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Quick one regarding the Argos Shimano gear. Mine still haven't arrived. Wasn't overly concerned prior to Christmas presuming it would land in the 2 weeks I was off, but still no sign.

I have emailed customerservicewebshop@1t4i.com. I have no reply, any one else in the same boat or know of any other avenues to explore with a view to getting the gear or a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm looking to get a base layer for the top half. I'm just getting into cycling recently and just picked up the bargain Aldi cycling bib pants and jacket for half price yesterday. Was looking to get a base layer to go with it. Anyone know where I could pick up one for the same kind of budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Quick one regarding the Argos Shimano gear. Mine still haven't arrived. Wasn't overly concerned prior to Christmas presuming it would land in the 2 weeks I was off, but still no sign.

I have emailed customerservicewebshop@1t4i.com. I have no reply, any one else in the same boat or know of any other avenues to explore with a view to getting the gear or a refund?

You should get a reply from that email as that was the address I was dealing with when trying to track down my order. Maybe they are still off for Christmas.

Did you get emailed a tracking number? If so it may be worth checking on www.dpd.de and www.dpd.co.uk to find out where it is and maybe contacting DPD (you can message them on their Facebook page) to try and arrange for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

I finally received mine, but only because I had something else being delivered by DPD at the same time. It was the 3rd time they had tried to dispatch the kit to me. I asked them to include my full address and mobile number on the package, but when it arrived it only had my name, street and country! Amazed it arrived at all!
    I found the email address useless, took them 2 weeks to reply to my email and think they only did after I contacted them through Facebook and got a message back from Merit Huisman, who I think is head of PR, who promised to track it down.
    https://www.facebook.com/TeamArgosShimano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

DaLad wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a base layer for the top half. I'm just getting into cycling recently and just picked up the bargain Aldi cycling bib pants and jacket for half price yesterday. Was looking to get a base layer to go with it. Anyone know where I could pick up one for the same kind of budget?

try sportsdirect.com
    usually have decent offers on things like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

penguin88 wrote: »
    You should get a reply from that email as that was the address I was dealing with when trying to track down my order. Maybe they are still off for Christmas.

Did you get emailed a tracking number? If so it may be worth checking on www.dpd.de and www.dpd.co.uk to find out where it is and maybe contacting DPD (you can message them on their Facebook page) to try and arrange for delivery.

I didn't get emailed a tracking number. I had been emailed an order number with a link to Track and Trace with postnl, which seems to have no record of the package. Nothing as such that I can check via DPD. Thanks for your help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Try anothe Aldi for the baselayer.
    They have reduced the cycling stuff in my local one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

snubbleste wrote: »
    Try anothe Aldi for the baselayer.
    They have reduced the cycling stuff in my local one.

Yeah I might do that. I got the bib pants & jacket in my local one last night reduced but there's also another couple of Aldi's within the vicinity. Lidl hardly have some stuff left over from last time would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I didn't get emailed a tracking number. I had been emailed an order number with a link to Track and Trace with postnl, which seems to have no record of the package. Nothing as such that I can check via DPD. Thanks for your help.

Ah, my Track and Trace link was to tracking.dpd.de and the number worked on that site and on the DPD UK site once it arrived there, maybe they have switched shipping company. Best of luck and hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Altura Jackets back in stock on line, 50 quid...couldn't recommend highly enough. They're 160 on wiggle and they are the quality of 160 euro jacket

http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/1002030000

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

ericzeking wrote: »
    Altura Jackets back in stock on line, 50 quid...couldn't recommend highly enough. They're 160 on wiggle and they are the quality of 160 euro jacket

http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/1002030000

What's the fit like in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Snug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

What's the fit like in them?

I'm 5ft6. got medium and fits nicely. Enough room underneath for a base layer and a jersey. Use it for running in the rain the too, its an excellent jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

seamus wrote: »
    Snug

Agreed, probably better for training rather than commuting.

Very pleased with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'm 5ft6. got medium and fits nicely. Enough room underneath for a base layer and a jersey. Use it for running in the rain the too, its an excellent jacket.

I'm 5 11 1/2, 75kg and got a medium. It's a good fit. I can wear a t-shirt and a light jumper underneath. A baggy hoody would be too much.

It's a real bargain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement