Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

€34.74 for Continental GP4000S 23/25mm on probikekit.co.uk is this a good deal or anyone know of better?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Slightly better if you are buying a pair or other stuff because of the delivery (8e I think?)

51.95 for a pair:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k373/a103938/grand-prix-4000-s-23-622-mm-set-of-2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

digdeep wrote: »
    €34.74 for Continental GP4000S 23/25mm on probikekit.co.uk is this a good deal or anyone know of better?
    €33 on wiggle or €60 for the pair with free delivery, delivery charges apply on orders under €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

digdeep wrote: »

Try the promo code BRADC10 as offered by Bikeradar. It's from last Friday and may still be valid and brings the price to £23.48

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

10% off everything at Chain Reaction Cycles until Wednesday 29th Jan

Use Code: EXTRA10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

10% off everything at Chain Reaction Cycles until Wednesday 29th Jan

Use Code: EXTRA10

it actually only applies to items that are already reduced as part of their January sale. The blurb on the website is very misleading:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bren_mc wrote: »
    it actually only applies to items that are already reduced as part of their January sale. The blurb on the website is very misleading:mad:

doesnt even work on items that are on sale but not included in the janurary sale. I had a fair bit lined up to buy but the code wouldnt work

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheTubes wrote: »
    Slightly better if you are buying a pair or other stuff because of the delivery (8e I think?)

51.95 for a pair:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k373/a103938/grand-prix-4000-s-23-622-mm-set-of-2.html

Recommended guys?

My Carrera tdf could do with 2 new tyres, wore out the standard ones in 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Dcully wrote: »
    Recommended guys?

My Carrera tdf could do with 2 new tyres, wore out the standard ones in 4 months.

Excellent tyre, been using them for a while and they seem to please the puncture Gods (touch wood).... check out the various reviews, can't go wrong. Seem to be coming down in price pending the release of the GP400s2 as well so grab a bargain while you can....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

ProBikeKit are doing a long sleeved jersey, balaclava, kneewarmers and a pair of socks for £40 (about €49).
    The jersey has a rrp of £70 on it's own.

Delivery is free when you spend £40.

It adds the discount when you put the items in the basket, but when I selected Euro as the currency it 'lost' the discount so I reverted back to pounds and it was fine.

I've bought a few bits of PBK branded clothing and find it to be good quality and the sizing chart is accurate (for me anyway!)

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/offers/get-the-look.list

Use code Sale10 to get an extra 10% off your order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

bren_mc wrote: »

I thought the same.
    I contacted C.R.C.
    They agreed , that the website could be construed in different ways.
    They have now changed the blurb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Dcully wrote: »
    Recommended guys?

http://www.conti-online.com/www/bicycle_de_en/general/home/gp4000s_testwinner_en.html

See, thats how to test tyres :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Yeah, but will they last on Wicklow's roads!!;)

I have the 4 seasons and they are very good-a lot more durable than the Gatorskins/Gator hardskins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

ckeego wrote: »
    Yeah, but will they last on Wicklow's roads!!;)

Short answer-No!!!

And you met me afterwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

High 5 race pack cheap on wiggle
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-race-pack/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Campagnolo jackets and Polaris jackets and shoes in TK Maxx St Stephen's Green SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Campagnolo jackets and Polaris jackets and shoes in TK Maxx St Stephen's Green SC.

How much and what were the sizes like? I might make a trip in after work....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

TychoCaine wrote: »

In Drogheda they had Campy jackets €129 not even a pocket, size large & ex Large..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

ckeego wrote: »
    Plus one on the PBK kit..

I bought 2 sets of their Elite bib tights for the winter and they are just as good if not better than others I have that I spent almost 3 times the amount on
    I ordered the Elite bib tights on your recommendation. I had them out for 40km in 5°C today and I am delighted with them. They are warmer than my DHB Roubaix, the pad is more comfortable too. Thank you ckeego.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

TychoCaine wrote: »

The Campy jackets are nice but a bit over priced at €129 with no pockets. Most of the polaris stuff I wouldn't rate not great fitting and not that cheap. The road shoes looked cheap though they had one MTB style with Vibram soles at around €70 that were not too bad but you'd find better value online in other brands. They did have 2xu bib shorts and tights that were actually very good around €60-70 mark that I probably would have got if I hadn't just ordered a load of club gear.

There was actually some very nice Scott carbon soled MTB shoes in TKMAX in Blanc a week or two ago at €99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

macnab wrote: »
    I ordered the Elite bib tights on your recommendation. I had them out for 40km in 5°C today and I am delighted with them. They are warmer than my DHB Roubaix, the pad is more comfortable too. Thank you ckeego.

Hey, don't mention it!:cool:

Like I said, they are quite simply the best value, highest quality bibs out there for our conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

High 5 (10 tabs) plus free bottle on Planet X uk website at the moment.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BOH5BOWFZT/high-5-bottle-with-free-zero-tube

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bikedude

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/clarks-55mm-caliper-brakes-free-gear-cables/rp-prod94327

02 Sets of Brake Calipers with the Pads + 02 sets of Extra Pads + 02 Cables
    EUR 13.94 if you include the EXTRA10 dicount when paying

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Great discount on Skins. An extra 10% when you enter the code at checkout.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/clearance?f=4294951557

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Bike Hub in Howth have a sale on in there at the moment, 30% -> 50% rails and some good value for money if I do say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

TK Maxx (St Stephen's Green Centre) have a range of Polaris cycling shoes in stock at the moment (not sure about other branches).

SPD SL Road and SPD SL Triathlon shoes €54.99

SPD shoes and boots €54.99 - €74.99

(The SPD ones are like hiking boots/shoes with the little removable piece on the sole for installing the cleats).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Campag Zonda wheelset €321.49 on swimcyclerun.com
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsroad/campagnolo-zonda-clincher-wheelset-with-shimano-hub.html
    Shimano and campag freehub available

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

TK Maxx (St Stephen's Green Centre) have a range of Polaris cycling shoes in stock at the moment (not sure about other branches).

SPD SL Road and SPD SL Triathlon shoes €54.99

SPD shoes and boots €54.99 - €74.99

(The SPD ones are like hiking boots/shoes with the little removable piece on the sole for installing the cleats).

I regularly see posts like this for cycling clothing or shoes in TK Maxx but I have never ever seen the letterkenny store get any worthwhile cycling gear in. They had a few odd shakes jerseys away back, they were very poor seconds and would only have fitted apes with huge long arms and short backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

CJC999 wrote: »
    would only have fitted apes with huge long arms and short backs.
    No chance of that, this chap's not even wearing a helmet. :rolleyes:

1+WHO+GIVE+MONKEY+BICYCLE.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

http://jedi-sports.de/Wheelsets/Wheelsets-Road/Campagnolo-Zonda-2012::2173.html

Campag Zonda wheelset €288 delivered from jedi-sports.de
    Both shimano and campag freehub available

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement