Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

http://jedi-sports.de/Wheelsets/Wheelsets-Road/Campagnolo-Zonda-2012::2173.html

Campag Zonda wheelset €288 delivered from jedi-sports.de
    Both shimano and campag freehub available

Just waiting for delivery now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

With the zonda's, would their be any noticeable difference between 2012 & 2014 wheelset?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

At my level I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

BadCharlie wrote: »
    With the zonda's, would their be any noticeable difference between 2012 & 2014 wheelset?

2013 on would be 11 speed compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

codie wrote: »
    2013 on would be 11 speed compatible

Never though of that nearly took the plunge on them last week. Considering the 2014 Fulcrum 5s @ €185 only weigh 1650g. The zonda's with shimano hub weigh 1610g a lot of sites selling only give the weight with campy hub of 1555g. Lot of options I'm mulling over as depending on what new bike I get I may get decent wheels with it any way or go with the farsport carbon options.

Meant to post this last week spotted it when some else posted here for another item from them. Lezyne Macro Drive Front and Microdrive rear.
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/141695/products/lezyne-macro-micro-drive-2014-front-rear-bike-light-set---black-silver.aspx

I have the 2013 set and they're very good and at £50 they're a steal. The front light alone is better than some lights you'd pay €100 for and the rear is the best I've seen. They also also have the Moon rear for £30 that other posters here have recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Ryath wrote: »
    Never though of that nearly took the plunge on them last week. Considering the 2014 Fulcrum 5s @ €185 only weigh 1650g. The zonda's with shimano hub weigh 1610g a lot of sites selling only give the weight with campy hub of 1555g.

I was taking to a rep from Mavic last year about wheels and he was telling me that Campagnolo make Fulcrum wheels, that Fulcrum was a brand created by Campy do that they could sell wheels with Shimano hubs without causing brand confusion etc. Make sense when you compare the wheels and see a lot in commmon between them.

Those 2012 Zondas from Jedi are the 2009 design, Jedi have the newer version too (2013 design) but cost €363 delivered, swimcyclerun are €321.50 delivered. Hard to find out what the exact differences Campy just say that the 2013 design is lighter and stiffer.

Woody_FX wrote: »
    I was taking to a rep from Mavic last year about wheels and he was telling me that Campagnolo make Fulcrum wheels, that Fulcrum was a brand created by Campy do that they could sell wheels with Shimano hubs without causing brand confusion etc. Make sense when you compare the wheels and see a lot in commmon between them.

Those 2012 Zondas from Jedi are the 2009 design, Jedi have the newer version too (2013 design) but cost €363 delivered, swimcyclerun are €321.50 delivered. Hard to find out what the exact differences Campy just say that the 2013 design is lighter and stiffer.

Yea a lot of models are basically identical except for Decals and the free hub. Fulcrum have an aluminum free hub for shimano while the campy version use steel which is why they're heavier for shimano/sram versions.
    Fulcrum 3- Campy Zondas
    Fulcrum 4-Sirrocos 35s
    Fulcrum 5 -Sirroccos

And so on I think most campagnolo wheels have a fulcrum version.

The campy versions are usually a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Is this Zonda quoted on the last page 2013/4?

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsro...imano-hub.html

New version Zonda are 11speed compatible, the old ones arent, just check that to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ryath wrote: »
    Yea a lot of models are basically identical except for Decals and the free hub. Fulcrum have an aluminum free hub for shimano while the campy version use steel which is why they're heavier for shimano/sram versions.
    Fulcrum 3- Campy Zondas
    Fulcrum 4-Sirrocos 35s
    Fulcrum 5 -Sirroccos

And so on I think most campagnolo wheels have a fulcrum version.

The campy versions are usually a bit cheaper.

Wouldn't aluminium be lighter than steel? I thought the campy free hubs were composite and so therefore lighter?

• Advertisement

CJC999 wrote: »
    Wouldn't aluminium be lighter than steel? I thought the campy free hubs were composite and so therefore lighter?

Yes.
    They do for campag compatible freehubs but for the shimano versions of their wheels they use steel. You can swap for the lighter freehub but they're pricey enough. May be worth it though if you can get the campag hub zonda's cheap enough and sell the freehub after. Fulcrum 3's always seem to be 70-100 euro dearer than the zonda's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Campag Zonda wheelset €321.49 on swimcyclerun.com
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsroad/campagnolo-zonda-clincher-wheelset-with-shimano-hub.html
    Shimano and campag freehub available
    Got this email/discount code from Swim cycle run which makes the zonda's and even better proposition :D

"Thanks for your enquiry re the Campagnolo wheels.
    Yes the zonda's are in stock.I can happily attach a discount code for you;
    The code is :Race14

It gives 10% off orders over €100 and 5% off orders less than €100
    If you enter the code into the shopping basket it should give a discount
    not only on wheels but on everything"

nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

bcmf wrote: »
    Got this email/discount code from Swim cycle run which makes the zonda's and even better proposition :D

"Thanks for your enquiry re the Campagnolo wheels.
    Yes the zonda's are in stock.I can happily attach a discount code for you;
    The code is :Race14

It gives 10% off orders over €100 and 5% off orders less than €100
    If you enter the code into the shopping basket it should give a discount
    not only on wheels but on everything"

nice one!

Code doesn't work with items marked "SALE" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€10 for €20 Voucher or €12 for Bicycle Service at Cycle Bike, Dublin
    http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/cyclebike-3

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Altura Varium Cycling Jacket available again in Sportsworld. See http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/3006010000. Wiggle are selling these for 3 times the price, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-varium-jacket/

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Dinging wrote: »
    Altura Varium Cycling Jacket available again in Sportsworld. See http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/3006010000. Wiggle are selling these for 3 times the price, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-varium-jacket/

Anyone used these?
    They any good?
    Waterproof or shower proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

TheTubes wrote: »
    Anyone used these?
    They any good?
    Waterproof or shower proof?

They are a great jacket. So much so I might just get another one @€;50 for when my current one wears out. I wear it everyday with just a ss jersey underneath and I've been toasty during the current weather. It's also got storm vents under the arms that are easy to open & close on the move.

They are more waterproof than my (much more expensive) Endura rain jacket. I wore it in that horrendous rain & gale a couple of days ago and only the lower arms let the water through after an hour in the saddle.

I wasn't so sure about the material when I got it first but I just love it now. At €50 it's probably the best value piece of kit I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Can't recommend this jacket highly enough. Class piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

They are a great jacket. So much so I might just get another one @€;50 for when my current one wears out. I wear it everyday with just a ss jersey underneath and I've been toasty during the current weather. It's also got storm vents under the arms that are easy to open & close on the move.

They are more waterproof than my (much more expensive) Endura rain jacket. I wore it in that horrendous rain & gale a couple of days ago and only the lower arms let the water through after an hour in the saddle.

I wasn't so sure about the material when I got it first but I just love it now. At €50 it's probably the best value piece of kit I own.

+1, I just got a second one. Fantastic jacket for €50, I can't believe how waterproof it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

storm vents
    Sorry, I had to chuckle at this.

If it's that highly recommended, I'll pop out to Blanch tomorrow and take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

If buying that jacket add something like this for € 0.10 to get free delivery!

g0g wrote: »
    If buying that jacket add something like this for € 0.10 to get free delivery!

No need, free delivery on all orders of €50 and over.

Saved you 10c, you're welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

funkyjebus wrote: »

From their site:
    Delivery is free on all online orders over €50, orders less than or equal to €50 will be charged at €5 (including vat), regardless of the amount of items being delivered.
    Must be an error then I guess :confused:
    I don't even like Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dotzciaran

Lads, I know some of ye were very helpful with this before but I couldnt be bothered to go looking for it.

Just looking for sizing advice for the Altura jacket. I'm 5 11 and 76kgs, what size should I be going for?

Thanks in advance

g0g wrote: »
    From their site:

Must be an error then I guess :confused:
    I don't even like Arsenal!

Ah, must be an error as I wasn't charged it before Christmas on my 1st order or just there now for my 2nd so all is good and your 10c is still safe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

funkyjebus wrote: »

Or you can pick it up free in your local store, apparently they'll contact me when in stock within the next 5 days, thought they'd already have them in the store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

dotzciaran wrote: »
    Lads, I know some of ye were very helpful with this before but I couldnt be bothered to go looking for it.

Just looking for sizing advice for the Altura jacket. I'm 5 11 and 76kgs, what size should I be going for?

Thanks in advance

Medium (I'm 6', 76kgs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dotzciaran

Thanks for the quick reply!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement