Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Zorba wrote: »
    Or you can pick it up free in your local store, apparently they'll contact me when in stock within the next 5 days, thought they'd already have them in the store ?
    I'd think the same. I'll take a spin over to Westend in Blanch tomorrow and maybe to Drogheda if Blanch don't have any. The car could do with a quick blast up the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

No Pants wrote: »
    I'd think the same. I'll take a spin over to Westend in Blanch tomorrow and maybe to Drogheda if Blanch don't have any. The car could do with a quick blast up the motorway.

Blanch had none yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Or you can pick it up free in your local store, apparently they'll contact me when in stock within the next 5 days, thought they'd already have them in the store ?

Had a look in the Carrickmines Store this evening and they didn't have any in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

RonanCFD wrote: »
    Medium (I'm 6', 76kgs)

Well worth the cash.

Got a large myself last time (5ft9, 90kg!, 42 inch chest in suits)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

None in Drogheda either, its order online and collect instore I m told.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Picked one up in letterkenny this morning. They have absolutely loads of them in stock in all three colours but had no red in large unfortunately so I got a black one. They're such a nice jacket and the large is a perfect cut for my size (6ft, 41inch chest, 76kg) I had a gift voucher for €50 so effectively cost me nothing. Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Picked another one up online as bought one in early January when heads up originally given on this thread. Agree with all the other posters on the quality of the jacket and well worth picking one up for anyone undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Good price on this for anyone in the market for one of these at Chain Reaction at the moment. Comes in at just under €625 with code IE10. 10 speed will come in at about €555

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Just a word of caution on the Altura Varium jackets. The fit is quite different from other Altura jackets I have. I normally like Altura gear, it suits my broad short shape. I found the Varium to be much narrower and longer than other Altura jackets I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

They are sold out of some size/colour combinations in the Altura Varium jackets.
    If anyone has bought a Blue one in Large and it doesnt fit and wants to sell it on, I'll buy it. Maybe would also consider a Red one in Large.....

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Anyone know if them Altura jackets are windproof ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Anyone know if them Altura jackets are windproof ?

yes, very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

What colour did you go for?.
    I just pulled the trigger on a red one.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Eamonnator wrote: »

Ditto - looks like a great bargain -

cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Just purchased myself, had to go for a black one, no Large in any other colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Eamonnator wrote: »

I could have guessed you'd go for the red one !

Went blue myself to blend in with my helmet and bike !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I thought you would. Very important to keep things coordinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

Great bargain - debating what size to get, I'm 5,9 and 79kgs. Anyone here offer some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Dazzy wrote: »
    Had a look in the Carrickmines Store this evening and they didn't have any in stock.
    Quaint wrote: »
    Great bargain - debating what size to get, I'm 5,9 and 79kgs. Anyone here offer some advice?

Similar size to yourself large good for mr tbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Dinging wrote: »
    Altura Varium Cycling Jacket available again in Sportsworld. See http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/3006010000. Wiggle are selling these for 3 times the price, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-varium-jacket/
    Thanks for that. I picked one up for my self in blue. Super bargain, 160 in some bike shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

All stock moved to Letterkenny according to the manager in Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Any promotion codes for Sportsworld?

breanach78 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I picked one up for my self in blue. Super bargain, 160 in some bike shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Blue jacket for me. (Deise colours obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

cheerspal wrote: »
    All stock moved to Letterkenny according to the manager in Blanch.

Yeah letterkenny have huge amount of them in stock but no size L reds unfortunately for me so got a black one.

Really impressed with it, was out for spin on Friday with it and just had base layer underneath and was perfectly warm (although it was probably around 7 degrees so not too cold)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Out yesterday for a while and tried out the new jacket. It's class. I got the large and I'm 86kg and 6ft and it is a very snug fit. I only had a base layer and SS Jersey on and I was lovely and warm. Great buy. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Sportsworld just called and cancelled my online order. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Dinging wrote: »
    Sportsworld just called and cancelled my online order. :(

Did they say why?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Ordered a large in Red on Friday midday. They are now out of stock. Monies are back in my account already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

their ordering system is poorly done its alot like elverys, most of their stock is on an actual shop floor, so when you order it needs be taken off the floor but assuming between order and someone picking it off the floor its been sold out by someone buying one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement