Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Dinging wrote: »
    Sportsworld just called and cancelled my online order. :(

When did you order?.

Sorry didn't see, you've already answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

07-Feb-2014 12:38:09 GMT to be exact:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

Dinging wrote: »
    Ordered a large in Red on Friday midday. They are now out of stock. Monies are back in my account already.

I ordered the red jacket in large on saturday and got a phone call today that they were out of stock. I asked if they were getting any more in stock and she said no. They had a black in large which they are sending out to me now, if i don't like it, it will be returned.

I got an email, this afternoon, telling me, that my XL jacket in red, is on it's way to the Drogheda store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I got an email, this afternoon, telling me, that my XL jacket in red, is on it's way to the Drogheda store.

Yes mine is on the way too !!

Mail was in my junk box was having a wee bit of a panic there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Quaint wrote: »
    I ordered the red jacket in large on saturday and got a phone call today that they were out of stock. I asked if they were getting any more in stock and she said no. They had a black in large which they are sending out to me now, if i don't like it, it will be returned.

Where are you located? if you dont like it i might take it before you send it back if you are around dubland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

stecleary wrote: »
    Where are you located? if you dont like it i might take it before you send it back if you are around dubland

I'm in Dubland alright, I'll drop you a pm if i decide to send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

blue xl jacket on its way according to dpd - probably wont fit ! (its what usually happens with me and these things )

blue xl jacket on its way according to dpd - probably wont fit ! (its what usually happens with me and these things )

You and me, both.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Quaint wrote: »

That's annoying, they cancelled my order for a large in black!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

I received my blue medium jacket via DPD today. I'm 5"11 and 75kgs and the fit is fine around the waist/chest areas, but the sleeves are a little too long for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Recieved a large black jacket from DPD this morning. Had just my bib tights, an aldi base layer and the jacket on for a spin earlier. Warm and dry (apart from sweating), 'tis a good find. Fair play to whoever posted the offer a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Muckers wrote: »
    I received my blue medium jacket via DPD today. I'm 5"11 and 75kgs and the fit is fine around the waist/chest areas, but the sleeves are a little too long for my liking.

If you decide the sleeves are to long drop me a pm.
    I will give you 60 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Got my Medium Blue one today. Fit seems grand, I'm 5'11" and a bit of a narrow arse. Tried it on the turbo and had the missus sprinkle water over me at timed intervals, seemed to do the job nicely, great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

If you decide the sleeves are to long drop me a pm.
    I will give you 60 including postage.

Went out for a spin with my new jacket on tonight and what happens? Well a gob****e pulled out in front of me on a roundabout and nearly drove me into never never land. I got away light to be honest with cuts and bruising/swelling to my left side. To add insult to injury my jacket is ruined so I will gladly accept your offer:)
    On a more serious side, I was lit up like Old Trafford and still got hit and the driver said he didn't see me. Several witnesses said they could clearly see me so I can't fathom why the car driver didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

On a more serious side, I was lit up like Old Trafford

In fairness to him, Old Trafford isn't the emporium of shining light it used to be!!!!

But seriously, hope your alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

great find by the OP on the Altura jacket. got it today but haven't been out in it yet. for 50 quid it is well worth it going by other jackets i have. it'll be tested the weekend to see what it is like. i got the Blue Medium. its a nice race fit so no bagginess. im 6'3" and 77kgs so the long arms suit perfectly as im fairly lanky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Several witnesses said they could clearly see me so I can't fathom why the car driver didn't

Driver who hit me in in daylight last summer said the same thing.

Hope you're ok

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Anyone looking for tyres, spotted these on CRC, 2x Michelin Pro4 Service Course and 2 x A1 Michelin tubes for €45 >>> CRC

I spent hours reading reviews on them from all over the world and it seems they are an excellent tyre, even in the wet, despite the slick thread so pulled the trigger on them as I was looking for new spring/summer tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

On a more serious side, I was lit up like Old Trafford and still got hit and the driver said he didn't see me. Several witnesses said they could clearly see me so I can't fathom why the car driver didn't
    The Gardai can investigate things like that. Leave it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Oh God, Bargain Thread... stop tempting me!!!! I may have a credit card but I HAVE NO MONEY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Looks like that Altura jacket is gone - I'm pretty upset I only found this thread today.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Do you know if Chain Reaction, as a rule, maintain the discount if a colour size is out of stock and are waiting for a delivery.

Ideally would prefer the tyres in black but don't want to miss out based on colour alone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Do you know if Chain Reaction, as a rule, maintain the discount if a colour size is out of stock and are waiting for a delivery.

Ideally would prefer the tyres in black but don't want to miss out based on colour alone

Vanity thread in fashion forum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Email them and ask, they're generally very quick at answering questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

My red XL lg arrived this morning. Glad I got the XL, think the lg would have been too small!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Got mine this morning and really impressed too. Similair to your size and fits great. Sleeve are a bit long but I reckon with gloves it will be great. I have not used mine yet roll in the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Just collected my Altura jacket in Balincollig.
    Regretting not ordering a Medium as well as the Large, would like to have tried the medium.
    The arms are pretty long on the large.
    Will try it again when I get home.
    They are gone from the website, ye think they are gone and never to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

What colour did you get?
    If it's too big I maybe interested in having a look at it, I may even have a brand new Polaris waterproof which is a tad too small for me that I may trade with you.
    I'm based in Cork.
    Either way let me know if you don't want to keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement