Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How did they ship it to you?

Royal Mail standard delivery. 3 to 5 working days. Got email this morning to say it was dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Seems to be a bit of interest in Garmin speed cadence sensors at the minute.
    I just noticed this: 38% off and free delivery to Ireland.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Speed-Cadence-Sensor-Forerunner/dp/B000BFNOT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392899079&sr=8-1&keywords=speed+cadence+sensor

Rgs
    Rua

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I've found another source of cheap Altura Varium jackets. I bought one yesterday from Ebay seller Lucindar123 for stg£40 plus stg£10 international postage. It works out just over a tenner dearer than the one I originally got in Sportsworld but still a mega bargain.

I emailed the seller and she says she still has 'most sizes in most colours' so act fast and grab yourself a bargain. There is only one listing for the jacket (it shows a red one in the pic) but says to contact her for available sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

50% of Fizik saddles. Prices seem a bit inflated in the first instance, but its an excellent discount. Picked up an Antares Versus for €75, so happy enough.

http://www.marreybikes.com/

1897705_10152247387475767_398190266_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Error, code used apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Green&Red wrote: »
    Error, code used apparently!
    send them a mail / message... the site is new-ish enough so it might not be setup right.
    i got sealskinz socks for half price in the shop last week which were also on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Fulcrum 7 wheelset and Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Evo tyres and schwalbe tubes for €161 delivered from Wiggle which is brilliant price considering the tyres are €31 each and the tubes €6 each. That leaves the wheelset at €87.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing-7-clincher-2013-wheel-and-tyre-set/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

One Altura jacket in blue size small on the shelf in drogheda. Hanging beside the shoe section on a rail with bnoke running jackets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

lismore7 wrote: »
    Found this place in Scotland (see link) They have a few Altura Varium cycling jackets left, but only in black. Cost me €53 incl delivery. You must contact them direct, as they have no online shop, but you can pay them via Paypal.
    I just ordered mine today.
    Hope this helps?
    http://www.leckiesfalkirk.co.uk/

I placed an order on Saturday so expecting a delivery this week.

How long did you have to wait for it to arrive, are you happy with jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

One Altura jacket in blue size small on the shelf in drogheda. Hanging beside the shoe section on a rail with bnoke running jackets

I'd imagine that's the one i ordered in for an exchange from Letterkenny !

• Advertisement

Quaint wrote: »

Got my jacket today. Delighted with it. Must get out for a blast tomorrow and test it. Quality is good, all zippers are grand, great value, happy after initial once over anyway. Thanks to lismore7!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

Matt Brammeier's National Jersey on sale here:
    http://www.dolan-bikes.com/deals/clothing/matthew-brammeier-irish-national-champ-jersey.html
    Reduced to €27

Combine it at the check-out with the matching shorts and you get a £5 reduction: http://www.dolan-bikes.com/deals/clothing/matthew-brammeier-irish-national-champ-bib-shorts.html
    Reduced to €42

The only downside is shipping is £12ish to Ireland, but if you up the order to <£100 it's free shipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Quaint wrote: »

Altura Varium Jacket just came in the post this morning, sent by Royal Mail. Not bad considering I ordered last Tuesday. Very happy with jacket for €53 (incl post) especially as I've seen the same jacket for €153
    After reading previous comments, I ordered a medium. I was a tad concerned at this, as I'm 6ft 2" & around 74 kgs and normally take a Large. However the arms are long and perfect for me. It's a tight fit but I think it's supposed to be? Yet it feels very comfy round the shoulders.
    It feels and looks great but it won't get it's maiden voyage until Sunday.

Maybe others could comment on the sizing of these Altura Varium jackets? Are they meant to be a tight fit? .....before I take the tags off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

tacklemore wrote: »
    Got my jacket today. Delighted with it. Must get out for a blast tomorrow and test it. Quality is good, all zippers are grand, great value, happy after initial once over anyway. Thanks to lismore7!!

Pleased you got your jacket in the end, as you just missed out previously.
    Never say never!!!
    How did you find the fitting? Good long arms and tight fitting?

I went for the large. I'm 6 foot and 90kg. Arms are grand length, fit is snug but comfy. I'll be taking the tags off mine anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Halfords have an elite turbo trainer for €124. Very good reviews online. Seems like a good deal. Wiggle selling them for €126.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_223837_langId_-1_categoryId_289003

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Altura Varium Jacket just came in the post this morning, sent by Royal Mail. Not bad considering I ordered last Tuesday. Very happy with jacket for €53 (incl post) especially as I've seen the same jacket for €153
    After reading previous comments, I ordered a medium. I was a tad concerned at this, as I'm 6ft 2" & around 74 kgs and normally take a Large. However the arms are long and perfect for me. It's a tight fit but I think it's supposed to be? Yet it feels very comfy round the shoulders.

Maybe others could comment on the sizing of these Altura Varium jackets? Are they meant to be a tight fit? .....before I take the tags off!!!

im 6'3" and about 13stone and i've the medium which is a great fit. i wore it last Saturday in the rain for about 1.5hours... i could feel the arms getting cold even though i had a base layer on inside so its not a Goretex rain jacket but itll do fine for the money. as i mentioned before it is race fit on me which im happy with as no flapping about.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Finally got me small jacket today thanks to 68 lost souls ;)

Bought the small jacket so still have the blue medium one for sale, from what i remember AmberGold was first to ask so if he's still interested it's his, if not it's up to whoever is next in line.
    AmberGold wrote: »
    Zorba,

Pm sent.

If offer is accepted I'll have a Black Varium in M for sale at €50.

Con.

Offer accepted if your still interested, €50 for jacket only, postage, paypal fees etc are extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

You got the right size. I'm the same height and slightly heavier and I went for the L, and there's loads of space in it. It's a fantastic piece of kit - I've used it commuting for a few weeks now, and I'm extremely impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

and there's loads of space in it.

...by which I mean that I think it'd be too big for you. Medium is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Shimano 105 shifters in both black and silver going for £99.95 or €122 on merlincycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Zorba wrote: »
    Finally got me small jacket today thanks to 68 lost souls ;)

Bought the small jacket so still have the blue medium one for sale, from what i remember AmberGold was first to ask so if he's still interested it's his, if not it's up to whoever is next in line.

Offer accepted if your still interested, €50 for jacket only, postage, paypal fees etc are extra.

Offer 50 if its still available

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

moonshadow wrote: »

That's a differennt pack, the identical pack is €12.99 on CRC:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/high5-race-pack/rp-prod106297
    Saving a whopping €0.99 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/garmin/noh-edge-800-gps-with-cadence-and-heart-rate-ec060514#features?format=html&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=garminnoh

Garmin NOH Edge 800 GPS with Cadence and Heart Rate

€ 305.49

These units are "Newly Overhauled" - this means they have been returned to Garmin either with a fault, or because they are unwanted. Garmin have fixed them - replacing parts when needed, and you'll get all the same items in the box as you would on a brand new unit, as well as the standard 1 year warranty.

Offer 50 if its still available

Thanks for the offer, but i'll give Ambergold till friday to come back if he still wants it seen as he was the first to offer asking, next in line was dooverylittle so think out of fairness i should offer it to him next if Amber doesn't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I'll take it Zorba, pm with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Reserved one online before going into the store today, just aswell cos the instore price was €17, whereas they honour (or at least the till does) the €12 offer when reserved online in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement