Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

cassette50 wrote: »
    From Hotukdeals....

Scott Foil 15 Di2 Aero Road Frameset (2012) with Ultegra 6700 10 Speed Di2 Groupset - £1,199.00

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-foil-15-di2-aero-road-frameset-2012-with-ultegra-6700-10-speed-di2-groupset-p237602

Frame Only is £799
    http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-foil-15-di2-aero-road-frameset-2012-p197476

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Garmin 800 Performance Bundle down to £234.99 on Amazon.co.uk

http://amzn.to/1cUK9dR

Got one at Xmas from Amazon for €260

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Just bought a pair of these http://www.2xushop.co.uk/compression/mc1644b.html from TKmaxx for Euro58.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

From Hotukdeals....

Scott Foil 15 Di2 Aero Road Frameset (2012) with Ultegra 6700 10 Speed Di2 Groupset - £1,199.00

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-foil-15-di2-aero-road-frameset-2012-with-ultegra-6700-10-speed-di2-groupset-p237602

Frame Only is £799
    http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-foil-15-di2-aero-road-frameset-2012-p197476

Seriously considering this. How does the sizing go. 73kg 5'11" and currently confortable on a trek madone 56cm

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

breanach78 wrote: »
    Seriously considering this. How does the sizing go. 73kg 5'11" and currently confortable on a trek madone 56cm

You'll have to compare the frame geometry to your current bike but based on height alone - Scott would seem to recommend the 54cm.

http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/221866/foil-15/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

The sizing is pretty standard I'm around the same height and picked up a 56cm Scott from them last year.

I actually called into the shop and picked mine up as I was over there. But on some of the Scott offers they are restricted and can only ship to UK only (they have no problem shipping to parcel motel in Belfast though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

clog wrote: »
    The sizing is pretty standard I'm around the same height and picked up a 56cm Scott from them last year.

I actually called into the shop and picked mine up as I was over there. But on some of the Scott offers they are restricted and can only ship to UK only (they have no problem shipping to parcel motel in Belfast though).

Thanks . Something I would have to be sure about tho. I have a contact in IN so no problem there. I would love to pop into a scott dealer to size up but Monday will be the closest and offers like that don't wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

I reckon your a 56 / L - of course it depends on more measurements than just your height but I believe your at 5.11 your more likely an L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

5`11" I`d generally tend to agree L for you. hard to cast in stone though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am 6'1 and have an XL/58 Scott Speedster 20 if that helps. Am over 100kg though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

lismore7 wrote: »
    Altura Varium Jacket just came in the post this morning, sent by Royal Mail. Not bad considering I ordered last Tuesday. Very happy with jacket for €53 (incl post) especially as I've seen the same jacket for €153
    After reading previous comments, I ordered a medium. I was a tad concerned at this, as I'm 6ft 2" & around 74 kgs and normally take a Large. However the arms are long and perfect for me. It's a tight fit but I think it's supposed to be? Yet it feels very comfy round the shoulders.
    It feels and looks great but it won't get it's maiden voyage until Sunday.

Maybe others could comment on the sizing of these Altura Varium jackets? Are they meant to be a tight fit? .....before I take the tags off!!!

Eeeek I just ordered one in xl size which would be normal for me.........
    I'm 6ft 1" but 98 kg is it gonna be humongous on me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

moonshadow wrote: »
    Eeeek I just ordered one in xl size which would be normal for me.........
    I'm 6ft 1" but 98 kg is it gonna be humongous on me ?

These Altura jackets are very long in the arms (great as gloves overlap well) & snug fitting, with good stretch in the shoulders.
    Sounds like an L might be a better choice for you?
    I'm quite a slim 6'2 and usually take an L but the M fitted me perfect.
    Interested to know how the XL fits you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

lismore7 wrote: »
    These Altura jackets are very long in the arms (great as gloves overlap well) & snug fitting, with good stretch in the shoulders.
    Sounds like an L might be a better choice for you?
    I'm quite a slim 6'2 and usually take an L but the M fitted me perfect.
    Interested to know how the XL fits you?

+1 on that. I've an XL and would be better with an L (I'm 6' and 90kg). Which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't tried it on in the shop before I bought it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

brayblue24 wrote: »
    +1 on that. I've an XL and would be better with an L (I'm 6' and 90kg). Which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't tried it on in the shop before I bought it!!

Must admit, I was worried when ordering an M, as it's been over 25 years since any M fitted me!! But all credit to some sound advice from other Boardsees on the sizing of these jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Any good deals on cycling shoes going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Any good deals on cycling shoes going around?

Fizik R3s?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Thanks for that. Anybody got first hand experience with sizing on those shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

There's been a few posts in this thread about them - some think they're a bit bigger others about the same. I have a pair and have the same size I take in runners and other bike shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks for that. Anybody got first hand experience with sizing on those shoes?

Got them in August they are lovely shoe very comfortable they have a very pronounced arch support so may not suit everyone. They size up pretty big I'd go with your normal shoe size unlike a lot of brands you don't need a larger size than normal. If your between size's I'd go down. Mine are 43eu 8.5 uk they claim there probably closer to a 9uk I would have been ok with 42.5. Try and use the eu sizings as a guide the uk one's are just rounded up or down I'd say and not accurate. For comparison I have a pair of 43 Specialized that are a good fit but no where as comfortable and a pair of 45 Pearl Izumi I really like very comfortable but not as quite good as the Fiziks R3.

There's been a few posts in this thread about them - some think they're a bit bigger others about the same. I have a pair and have the same size I take in runners and other bike shoes.

Got fitted in Base2race a few weeks ago and came out with a pair of size 45 Brooks St5's go figure.

My feet must be weird I'm wearing a pair of 42 echos at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

pro bike doing 3 for 10euro on socks?

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/clothing/shoes/socks-offer.list

going buy some but delivery isn't free anylone so willing buy some for others if they wanted group buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Sports Direct question .....
    The muddy fox clothing and shoes seem good value even compared to lidl / aldi .
    Has anyone here used it or is it junk?
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i have a pair of muddy fox mtb shoes and i use them for racing cx. Basic shoe, but does exactly what it says on the tin. Dont have any experience of their road shoes.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Thx

I bought Muddy fox bib shorts once, utter rubbish! cheap material, uncomfortable , weird fit etc. etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

Thx
    colm18 wrote: »
    I bought Muddy fox bib shorts once, utter rubbish! cheap material, uncomfortable , weird fit etc. etc..

I bought a few pairs of muddyfox shorts and jerseys (long and short sleeve) about 2-3 years ago. I use them every day for commuting and for training on rides up to 150km.
    I find they are excellent and really comfortable. The shorts are getting a little tattered now (thread pulls and some of the logos are peeling off) but they still wear really well and are still very comfortable. I would really advise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thx

Their hi-viz jackets are ok but sized large so make sure you try on before buying. Their cycling shorts and tights are pure cheap rubbish with a very poor foam pad which TBH isn't worth a Shiite. The clothing in Aldi/Lidl is considerably superior to MF stuff. Personally I'd avoid it and buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Muddy fox bib shorts are pure muck. Don't waste your money on them.

Got a pair of the MTB shoes as my starter clip ins. They were grand at the start but find that the soles aren't stiff enough so will be upgrading them soon. They did the job and will do again next winter as a spare pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Crc doing up to 60% off cycling shoes at the moment. Some great deals there for anyone looking for shoes.

€230 reduced to €92
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-carbon-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod86658

Plenty of others there on the site too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Crc doing up to 60% off cycling shoes at the moment. Some great deals there for anyone looking for shoes.

€230 reduced to €92
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-carbon-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod86658

Plenty of others there on the site too

Those diadora shoes are permanently at that price on CRC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement