Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

bcmf wrote: »
    Feel like we are derailing this thread so will start a new one....and we can discuss it there!

And just when I thought we were back to posting bargains after the Altura jacket sportsworld hijack that went on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Lidl drogheda have about 20 of the 32 pc bike tool kit @ € 20 each in a bargain bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

moonshadow wrote: »
    Lidl drogheda have about 20 of the 32 pc bike tool kit @ € 20 each in a bargain bin.

leave them there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lidl in bray getting rid of those helmets with the integrated red LEDs in the rear for €10, lots of adults and kids left, nice helmet, light with lots of vents.

Lots of stock of all their other stuff there aswell, got a large short sleeve jersey with good rear pockets for €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

omri wrote: »
    is it allowed to wear your countrys national champion jersey with bibs from different team - since no size for me OPQS + Saxo...????? (they do have the Specialized logo in common tho)

Assumption of Arms is more of a heraldry question than a cycling (much less a cycling bargains!) one, surely. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Came across this on Wiggle this morning and thought it looked like a great deal... Carbon bike, SRAM Rival groupset and Cosmic Elite wheelset for €1163.91...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eastway-r10-rival-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Some great prices for ex-display Storck framesets on Hibike:

http://www.hibike.com/shop/catalog/n4def45f4c550b/Storck-Frames-Kiuts-up-to-70-OFF.html

A few that got my attention: Scenero G1 frameset for €649, G2 for €749, Absolutist for €649

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

There are some very good deals in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ryan0380

RonanCFD wrote: »
    Some great prices for ex-display Storck framesets on Hibike:

http://www.hibike.com/shop/catalog/n4def45f4c550b/Storck-Frames-Kiuts-up-to-70-OFF.html

A few that got my attention: Scenero G1 frameset for €649, G2 for €749, Absolutist for €649

I picked up an older absolutist frame for 499, going to be a training bike/back up racing bike. I had been eyeing up a fenomalist for 799 but by time I decided to make a move it was gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Anyone seen any decent deals on full length thermal bib tights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Aldi have their bib tights reduced at moment. Depending where you are they can range from €5 to €15. I got a pair of them last week, have wore them twice and I'm well impressed with them, so much so I'm going to buy another pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

mosstin wrote: »
    Anyone seen any decent deals on full length thermal bib tights?

Check out Aldi, sports line bib shorts with weather panel in front.

They are a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Check out Aldi, sports line bib shorts with weather panel in front.

They are a bargain

Full-length tights rather than shorts, right? These are as cheap as a fiver in some stores, though up to about €13-15 elsewhere. All depending on how much stock they have left and how desperate they are to shift it, I guess. Hit and miss on sizes, for the same reason. I've heard very good things about them in terms of quality and value for money, and they look decent, from what little I know about such things myself. (Originally they were priced at €35!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

In Lidl Maynooth there are long sleeved shirts, arm/leg warmers sets and hat/overshoe sets all priced at a tenner. Might be in others as well.

Also protein is down to 20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

In Lidl Maynooth there are long sleeved shirts, arm/leg warmers sets and hat/overshoe sets all priced at a tenner. Might be in others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Must have a look tomorrow!! Thanks for the heads up!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Lidl protein is quite low quality stuff - lots of 'not protein'.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

Some good offers at the moment on Merlincycles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Catlike Whisper Plus Deluxe Bike Helmet reduced to €91.99 in Halfords. Available in white and matte black for the ninjas out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Went (& queued) to the new Aldi just opened in Dungarvan today looking for a pair of the bib tights.
    All size L gone only sizes M & S left.
    Took a gamble and bought a size M (I'm 32 waste and 6'2") couldn't believe it when I got home...the size M were a perfect fit and a much better fit and padding than the Lidl version....Very happy bunny with me €9.99 spend ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

they are 9.99 now, I got them when they were 14.99. Still good value and surprisingly good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

inc21 wrote: »
    they are 9.99 now, I got them when they were 14.99. Still good value and surprisingly good quality.

There are plenty in the Kylemore Aldi. Base layers are now about 5e and the trousers 5 too. Bib pants 9.99 same for the jackets. The cycling tops are about 5 as well.

Also that HD action cam they were doing for 99.99 is now 49.99. So if you use the 10e off coupon in the Sunday world it is possibly worth it @40 odd euro (for playing with) Seems to have a 2.5hr recording time and comes with two batteries.

Comes with a lot of accessories too. None left in the Ballyfermot store as I bought the one in the display case.

No idea what the quality is like but I'll know soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

inc21 wrote: »

They sure are...
    The Lidl version looked like a saggy pair of incontinence pants on me.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Just bought this bike for the girlfriend online at wiggle.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-z95-sora-wiggle-exclusive/

Can't believe the value. I've got a few bits and pieces i could use to upgrade but i can't see the point. I can't see any weakness for the price.

Plus i now qualify for the Platinum discount of 12%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

topcat77 wrote: »
    Just bought this bike for the girlfriend online at wiggle.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-z95-sora-wiggle-exclusive/

Can't believe the value. I've got a few bits and pieces i could use to upgrade but i can't see the point. I can't see any weakness for the price.

Plus i now qualify for the Platinum discount of 12%

nice start bike for her, im just not mad on sora thou, always feel upgrade to tiagra worth it even at entry level, hopefully shes get into it does that 12% work on discounted items

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

manafana wrote: »
    nice start bike for her, im just not mad on sora thou, always feel upgrade to tiagra worth it even at entry level, hopefully shes get into it does that 12% work on discounted items

Looks sweet enough. 2013 9 sp Sora - so that the old Tiagra isn't it? Paddle shifters rather than old Sora thumb jobbie, so I'd leave as is and be happy, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

OH is looking out for a basic road bike, that seems decent, pity no 57cm frame in stock though :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

OH is looking out for a basic road bike, that seems decent, pity no 57cm frame in stock though :(

don't think felt do a 57cm frame do they? just 56 and 58. could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

She must be tall..........I'm 185cm and ride a 56cm frame

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement