Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

Not a bad offer: two free Continental race tyres with the purchase of bib shorts. Tyres are between €16-€25 each online I think.

http://www.alimaysports.com/products/ALICT70000197/MASPOLOMNIUMBIBSHORT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

OH is looking out for a basic road bike, that seems decent, pity no 57cm frame in stock though :(

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-5-road-bike-black-id_8239801.html

€520 out of stock at the minute though in a 57 in most UK stores. You'll be hard pushed to find better value for a bike with 9 speed sora. Only thing I don't like is the triple but that's personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    She must be tall..........I'm 185cm and ride a 56cm frame

He's about the same height as you so... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    She must be tall..........I'm 185cm and ride a 56cm frame

He's around 184cm and it's comedy gold when he borrows my 52cm Trek Lexa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

lismore7 wrote: »
    They sure are...
    The Lidl version looked like a saggy pair of incontinence pants on me.....:(

I just pissed myself reading that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/aluminium/14/mavic-cosmic-elite-laufradsatz-mit-hg-10-fach-rotor

Mavic Cosmic Elite at €215 plust €15 shipping.

This looks like a deal although it says 10speed freehub - so not sure if this will take 11speed cassettes. But good price comparing i.e. swimcycle €399

omri wrote: »
    http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/aluminium/14/mavic-cosmic-elite-laufradsatz-mit-hg-10-fach-rotor

Mavic Cosmic Elite at €215 plust €15 shipping.

This looks like a deal although it says 10speed freehub - so not sure if this will take 11speed cassettes. But good price comparing i.e. swimcycle €399

Cosmic Elites are way over priced, that price is good but I'd sooner the scirroco 35s on swimcyclerun even at €270. They were €220 last week so drop back.
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsroad/campagnolo-scirocco-h35-wheelset-shimano-hub-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Ryath wrote: »
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-5-road-bike-black-id_8239801.html

€520 out of stock at the minute though in a 57 in most UK stores. You'll be hard pushed to find better value for a bike with 9 speed sora. Only thing I don't like is the triple but that's personal preference.
    I remember reading somewhere about the decathlon B'twin road bikes being sized very small i.e. someone who might ordinarily be suited to ~52 would find a ~56 most suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Might have to take a trip down to Canada Water so! I don't think he would have any major objection to a triple. He tried a 60 in this about a year ago and just found it slightly too big to be comfortable.

Cosmic Elites are way over priced, that price is good but I'd sooner the scirroco 35s on swimcyclerun even at €270. They were €220 last week so drop back.
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsroad/campagnolo-scirocco-h35-wheelset-shimano-hub-.html

http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/aluminium/7252/campagnolo-scirocco-35-laufradsatz

In even better price.

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere about the decathlon B'twin road bikes being sized very small i.e. someone who might ordinarily be suited to ~52 would find a ~56 most suitable.

Debating getting one for the missus so good to know.

As I said the price may drop back on swimcyclerun. I'd try and buy from an Irish company unless the savings were substantial.

As I said the price may drop back on swimcyclerun. I'd try and buy from an Irish company unless the savings were substantial.

Merely aletring of what seems to be a good price - since this is a bargain thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

He's around 184cm and it's comedy gold when he borrows my 52cm Trek Lexa :pac:

Ooops. It looks like I was a bit gender-presumptive...........sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

I'm 5'9'' with a 32'' inside leg and the 57 of this bike is just about perfect for me. Great bike by the way. Newer models about to be released maybe with even better specs but you can't beat this at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

djtwigster wrote: »
    I'm 5'9'' with a 32'' inside leg and the 57'' of this bike is just about perfect for me. Great bike by the way.
    See what I mean. Ordinarily we'd be talking about centimetres :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

djtwigster wrote: »
    I'm 5'9'' with a 32'' inside leg and the 57'' of this bike is just about perfect for me. Great bike by the way. Newer models about to be released maybe with even better specs but you can't beat this at the mo.

I'm 6'2" (approx. 187cm) and I'm on a 57.5cm. Perfect fit for me - I use it daily on a 40km return commute. Great bikes. The wheels are not up to much, so swapped out with a set of Shimano R501's.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

See what I mean. Ordinarily we'd be talking about centimetres :pac:

Sorry 57cm type-o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Lidl cycle sale on again on 17/4/14 , bike work stands , chain cleaners etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

moonshadow wrote: »
    Lidl cycle sale on again on 17/4/14 , bike work stands , chain cleaners etc....
    I have one of their bike stands and it works very well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

Great price on the chain clearers. Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Great price on the chain clearers. Any good?

I got one ages ago, works better than a more expensive one I had. Nowadays though I tend to just use the sponge/rag and soapy water and find this works just as good if not better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

jinkypolly wrote: »
    I got one ages ago, works better than a more expensive one I had. Nowadays though I tend to just use the sponge/rag and soapy water and find this works just as good if not better.
    I find that their W5 chain cleaner, normally stocked when they run car/motorbike specials, is very good at cleaning the drivetrain. It does however run off, so don't do it on the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I bought some tyres off them this week due to posts here and a great price. Great to deal with.
    I ordered 1 x 23c conti 4000s and 2x 25c conti 4000s and some brake pads.

Got an email saying they had no 25c left and would I mind 23c. I replied saying I was not in that much of a hurry, so what was the lead time for 25c. They came back to me saying they could give me the 25c in conti 4000s II if I didn't mind? :D

Today they arrived and as an added bonus the 23c came as a II as well.

w00t!

Now to try that whole 23c on the front and 25c on the back thing I read about here a few weeks ago.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

http://www.velocita.ie/

This company provide team gear. I emailed looking for any last years bibs in stock.

For €60 he delivered Pissei Cuore bib shorts, really nice quality and look really good. I don't know where you can get similar quality for the money. Very good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

No Pants wrote: »
    . It does however run off, so don't do it on the carpet.

Was this learnt through bitter experience and as a result can you recommend the W5 Carpet cleaner? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

ford2600 wrote: »
    http://www.velocita.ie/

This company provide team gear. I emailed looking for any last years bibs in stock.

For €60 he delivered Pissei Cuore bib shorts, really nice quality and look really good. I don't know where you can get similar quality for the money. Very good to deal with

Look nice. How is the sizing? I generally size down to a medium despite being xll in a jersey. Are the shoulder straps short?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

slap/dash wrote: »
    Look nice. How is the sizing? I generally size down to a medium despite being xll in a jersey. Are the shoulder straps short?

Italian. Size 4, large, is good for me at 5'11", 180cm.
    Have a long torso and straps are good fit

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

ford2600 wrote: »
    Italian. Size 4, large, is good for me at 5'11", 180cm.
    Have a long torso and straps are good fit

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hi lads any opinion on this site? selling oakleys at crazy prices (im assuming there fakes?), but seeing as i lost my catlike glasses im in need of a quick cheap replacement. is this site just one big scam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

hi lads any opinion on this site? selling oakleys at crazy prices (im assuming there fakes?), but seeing as i lost my catlike glasses im in need of a quick cheap replacement. is this site just one big scam?

If it seems too good to be true... http://www.scamadviser.com/is-buyoaklys.com-a-fake-site.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement