Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

precisely what i was thinking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

hi lads any opinion on this site? selling oakleys at crazy prices (im assuming there fakes?), but seeing as i lost my catlike glasses im in need of a quick cheap replacement. is this site just one big scam?

For €2.16 (inc delivery !) I got a pair of these. I would have ordered several pairs but I thought they would be useless at that price. I wore them for the sportive last saturday and they were great - comfortable and effective. If you are concerned about uv protection bring them to an optician and they will confirm standard. They are really great quality and no one will believe they were cheap.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sports-Outdoor-Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Goggles-Eyewear-Eyeglass-UV400-Sunglasses-/400688431168?pt=US_Sunglasses&var=&hash=item5d4ae44040

I have bought shades on ebay from several sources for myself and on behalf of friends and found them to A1. Some of the knock-offs will even fit genuine lenses and I have also had an optician look at these... Draw your own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Operation Find Mr Kirby A Bike is possibly zeroing in on this - any opinions?

£549 seems like absolutely great value for that given the number of places that are looking for that sort of money for Claris or Sora if you're lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone know where I can pick up cheap maintenance bits like lube and cleaner etc for a decent price in town? I think Lidl or Aldi were doing a handy pack when they were doing that cycle special but they don't seem to be selling it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

My local Lidl still have a load of bits and bobs for car maintenance, chain cleaner, rust remover, chain lube. Whilst all were aimed at cars, motorcycles, they all said they could be used on bikes. They did the job on my bike anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

For €2.16 (inc delivery !) I got a pair of these. I would have ordered several pairs but I thought they would be useless at that price. I wore them for the sportive last saturday and they were great - comfortable and effective. If you are concerned about uv protection bring them to an optician and they will confirm standard. They are really great quality and no one will believe they were cheap.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sports-Outdoor-Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Goggles-Eyewear-Eyeglass-UV400-Sunglasses-/400688431168?pt=US_Sunglasses&var=&hash=item5d4ae44040

I have bought shades on ebay from several sources for myself and on behalf of friends and found them to A1. Some of the knock-offs will even fit genuine lenses and I have also had an optician look at these... Draw your own conclusions.

i want jawbones but at the price oakley sell them that wont happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

i want jawbones but at the price oakley sell them that wont happen :D

AliExpress sell them and all genuine:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

to be sure to be sure..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

http://goo.gl/RlW73P

Ordered them on the 8th April and they arrived today so pretty impressed with shipping time.

The quality of the pants and the padding feels & looks good.

Am happy with it anyway especially as it only cost me €€14.70

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

http://goo.gl/RlW73P

Ordered them on the 8th April and they arrived today so pretty impressed with shipping time.

The quality of the pants and the padding feels & looks good.

Am happy with it anyway especially as it only cost me €€14.70

I assume a complete fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

godtabh wrote: »
    I assume a complete fake?

Obviously :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Just ordered a pair of these. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The Sufferfest are offering 10% off their road, cx, and triathlon training plans for 48 hrs (looks like the countdown started about 06h00 today, I think). The e-mail I received also says “at check-out, you’ll also be able to save 10% on required videos”, so I guess you’ve got to buy a plan in order to get the discount on (some of?) the videos.

The discount code is: TRISUFFERING
    Plans are here: http://www.thesufferfest.com/plans/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The Sufferfest are offering 10% off their road, cx, and triathlon training plans for 48 hrs (looks like the countdown started about 06h00 today, I think). The e-mail I received also says “at check-out, you’ll also be able to save 10% on required videos”, so I guess you’ve got to buy a plan in order to get the discount on (some of?) the videos.

The discount code is: TRISUFFERING
    Plans are here: http://www.thesufferfest.com/plans/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

IS that ali express website legit or is it all knock offs that'll be useless after one spin? The clothing seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

IS that ali express website legit or is it all knock offs that'll be useless after one spin? The clothing seems too good to be true.

Seems way too good to be true... Be interested to hear otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

They will look like the real thing but they are not. It will not have the same quality.
    I have used the site twice before and found the items fine and as described.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

It's a case of you pays your money and takes your chance but once you find a good supplier the clothing can be as good as any, I bought my current pair of glasses from there and i cant tell the difference between a pair bought in an official supplier and them. I've never had a complaint dealing on the site and have just bought a gilet there a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Just seen planet x are now doing the pro carbon with 11 speed ultegra for £999.99....regardless of what people have to say about the frame that's gotta be a serious bargain!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colm_gti wrote: »
    Just seen planet x are now doing the pro carbon with 11 speed ultegra for £999.99....regardless of what people have to say about the frame that's gotta be a serious bargain!

Next thing on my shopping list or the 58/57.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

It's FULL ultegra too, not the usual mix and match of ultegra shifters and mechs, and random chainset and brakes! Bargain of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

colm_gti wrote: »

There was a time in this thread when people posted links.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

There was a time in this thread when people posted links.....

link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Does anyone know the sizing of Planet-X, I'm currently riding a 56" but not sure how that compares versus medium, large, etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Jocry wrote: »
    Does anyone know the sizing of Planet-X, I'm currently riding a 56" but not sure how that compares versus medium, large, etc? Thanks

I have an xl which is a 58 ,im 6 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'm a touch under 6 1 and on a 56 with a lot of seat post showing and a 130mm stem. Borderline to small, but it depends on your own composition.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Thanks guys, I'm thinking the Large would be my size, Im just under 6ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

Jocry wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I'm thinking the Large would be my size, Im just under 6ft

I'm 6ft and would be a bit apprehensive about guessing sizes on such a big purchase... Could you not get yourself to a LBS or the planet-x guys in athlone for a fitting? If a medium frame fits you with the right stem and seatpost I'd go for the smaller frame... Just my opinion tho!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement