Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

No Pants wrote: »

Not sure about the cycling underwear. :confused:

not surprised "No Pants" isn't sure about the underwear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Anyone ever deal with Bikesportsworld.de ? They have an insanely low price on the new Wilier Zero.9. €2499 for a €4k bike.... Admittedly its pre order on the 2015 model but it looks seriously good value if you are willing to wait
    http://www.bikesportworld.de/Fahrraeder/Rennraeder/Rennraeder/Wilier/Wilier-Zero-9-2015-Schwarz-Rot-Fluo-Matt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

For €2.16 (inc delivery !) I got a pair of these. I would have ordered several pairs but I thought they would be useless at that price. I wore them for the sportive last saturday and they were great - comfortable and effective. If you are concerned about uv protection bring them to an optician and they will confirm standard. They are really great quality and no one will believe they were cheap.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sports-Outdoor-Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Goggles-Eyewear-Eyeglass-UV400-Sunglasses-/400688431168?pt=US_Sunglasses&var=&hash=item5d4ae44040

I have bought shades on ebay from several sources for myself and on behalf of friends and found them to A1. Some of the knock-offs will even fit genuine lenses and I have also had an optician look at these... Draw your own conclusions.

Cheers for the tip! Ordered a couple of pairs myself. They arrived today and they're the finest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

I might get the tool bag as well actually. It'd be handy for keeping my wallet and phone in when I'm on the bike. I'm paranoid they'll fall out every time I'm cycling.
    I'd normally just bring €20/€30 with me if I'm out on a long one rather than the entire wallet. As for your phone, I keep them in the back pocket on my jacket. If using a saddle bag for the phone, be careful of scratching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Anyone ever deal with Bikesportsworld.de ? They have an insanely low price on the new Wilier Zero.9. €2499 for a €4k bike.... Admittedly its pre order on the 2015 model but it looks seriously good value if you are willing to wait
    http://www.bikesportworld.de/Fahrraeder/Rennraeder/Rennraeder/Wilier/Wilier-Zero-9-2015-Schwarz-Rot-Fluo-Matt.html

Bikesportworld.de are great to deal with. I bought a Wilier Zero.7 off of them last year for €4790 when it wasnt available anywhere else for less than €6300. Its equipped with Record 11spd and Fulcrum Racing 0 wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

zarker wrote: »
    Lots of cycling items from Aldi on the 4th of May: (I'm a newbie so can't post url, but go to aldi.ie)

Jeepers, all the Aldis around here haven't actually finishing shifting -- or dumping -- the last lot!

Base layer looks like a different type from the previous offer. Any guesses if it's worse/better make?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

No Pants wrote: »
    I'd normally just bring €20/€30 with me if I'm out on a long one rather than the entire wallet. As for your phone, I keep them in the back pocket on my jacket. If using a saddle bag for the phone, be careful of scratching it.

I use a ziplock bag for my phone, wallet and other things i dont want to get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

cheerspal wrote: »

Great spot.
    It's even cheaper when I clicked on your link: €12.99. Very cheap for Skins clothing (Large only left).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

link

Carbotech T50 Light Full Carbon Wheelset thublar. €303

ANy use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

godtabh wrote: »
    link

Carbotech T50 Light Full Carbon Wheelset thublar. €303

ANy use?

Heavy for tubs. Get some china powered ones :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

AstraMonti wrote: »

No interest in them myself. Thought the would be an option rather than wait for something from china

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Astra I am in the market for some lightweight no deep dish Carbon Wheels for windy race days, can you recommend any decent China sellers, on ebay or off of ebay.

Tnx a mil!

Inquitus wrote: »
    Astra I am in the market for some lightweight no deep dish Carbon Wheels for windy race days, can you recommend any decent China sellers, on ebay or off of ebay.

Tnx a mil!

Hung Fu have been mentioned on here a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Inquitus wrote: »

Tnx a mil!

yeoleo seem to be quite popular also, id be considering a set in the future from them...
    http://www.yoeleo.com/

I am a happy customer of these guys http://www.wheelsfar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Each time I change to carbon wheels I would need to change break pads also. Them china carbon wheels look very light, lighter then my zonda's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

cheerspal wrote: »

Nice one.

Currently at €12.99 with free delivery. Only large left, but I'm sure I'll fit! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Each time I change to carbon wheels I would need to change break pads also.
    You wouldn't have to change the break pads if your carbon wheels had an aluminium braking surface.

^^But you are not really having carbon wheels, just carbon fairing :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Wil l be looking to get some deep section carbon carbon /alloy U shaped rims in the near future so will be trawling thru Those sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

Picked up a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLS's in a bike shop in the North for £90/€120ish cheaper than CRC, and €180 cheaper than my LBS. A very happy camper!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Picked up a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLS's in a bike shop in the North for £90/€120ish cheuaper than CRC, and €180 cheaper than my LBS. A very happy camper!!

Now you keep that a secret and don't tell anyone else where you got them.Especially in the Bargain Alerts thread

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

bcmf wrote: »
    Now you keep that a secret and don't tell anyone else where you got them.Especially in the Bargain Alerts thread

Ah yes, I realise the error of my ways. Sorry about that!
    I picked them up in McCabrey Cycles in Lurgan, Co. Armagh. I couldn't recommend them more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am a happy customer of these guys http://www.wheelsfar.com/

Perceived wisdom, what's faster 23mm rim to rim or 20.5mm rim to rim and what size tyres, looking at the lightweight 24mm deep ones. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Each time I change to carbon wheels I would need to change break pads also. Them china carbon wheels look very light, lighter then my zonda's

you buy a new bike for your carbon brake pads. simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

If you need some cheap stuff - Aldi have their sale on today.
    I thought they opened at 9am, got there 9.45am to find a crew already huddled round the doors which weren't opening until 10am.
    I went in for glasses, got 4 pairs 2.99 each.
    They look small in the packet but they're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

MB Lacey wrote: »
    I went in for glasses, got 4 pairs 2.99 each.
    They look small in the packet but they're ok.
    I got 2 pairs and for 2.99 they are fine. Got the ultra light jacket too. And some milk and some german meatballs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

MB Lacey wrote: »
    If you need some cheap stuff - Aldi have their sale on today.

I was in the Nutgrove branch at about 11.30 this morning, it was bedlam around the cycling gear.
    Managed to pick up a Ultra light jacket and a few other bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

german meatballs
    Mmm, meatballs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement