Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Campri Thermal Base Layers on Sports Direct for €4.79 90% off this week

Delivery is €7.

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/campri-thermal-base-layer-top-mens-402149?colcode=40214903

Can't be too bad at that price :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Just took delivery of a Garmin Virb today. I'm the U.K so hopefully you guys will get it sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mp31 wrote: »

That looks a great deal. Would prefer it in shimano

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

godtabh wrote: »
    That looks a great deal. Would prefer it in shimano

I reckon they'll have that in a few weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

I reckon they'll have that in a few weeks...

I was onto them yesterday about a shimano order I ordered a couple of months ago and i was waiting on a replacement part and their rep was saying they are winding down on shimano and will be using sram in future. So I wouldn't be holding out on them bringing in a shimano groupset bike based on what he was telling me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If you read the blurb with the pro carbon offer you would have seen they are phasing out shimano. They wont be shipping shimano in the new year for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

That - for the first time - is a PlanetX I could see myself buying. Looks to be a great bargain. I'd bet a Campagnolo version is more likely than Shimano.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Canyon have an extra 10% off and free delivery in their "outlet" today. Though a lot of bikes have been snapped up already :/
    The 10% is already off the price, as far as I can tell.

https://www.canyon.com/en/outlet/

Canyon have and 10% off and free delivery in their "outlet" today. Though a lot of bikes have been snapped up already :/
    The 10% is already off the price, as far as I can tell.

https://www.canyon.com/en/outlet/

I had one picked out but by the time I had got my credit card it was gone! The search goes on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

godtabh wrote: »
    I had one picked out but by the time I had got my credit card it was gone! The search goes on!

Earlier today, when the Endurace with ultegra 11s and the R23 spline wheels vanished I thought to myself, I wonder did godtabh just get the bike of his dreams :)

Sorry to hear it was not so.

It was seriously good value.

Earlier today, when the Endurace with ultegra 11s and the R23 spline wheels vanished I thought to myself, I wonder did godtabh just get the bike of his dreams :)

Sorry to hear it was not so.

It was seriously good value.

There was a dura ace version for €2100. That's what I was going for!

That went and I saw the aluminium di2. Was considering that but would rather have carbon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

BMC inspired??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Seriously tempted by this! Has anyone any experience with the frame, especially for racing? The plan would be to use it as a dedicated racing machine (with some sportives thrown in and the Pyrenees next year).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Temptation won, pulled the trigger. Now the waiting begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Not great for cycling. They don't manage sweat very well.
    Find them great as a t-shirt replacement to keep warm when doing jobs outside or going to matches or something like that.
    I got them as low as €1.99
    SOR2010 wrote: »
    Campri Thermal Base Layers on Sports Direct for €4.79 90% off this week

Delivery is €7.

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/campri-thermal-base-layer-top-mens-402149?colcode=40214903

Can't be too bad at that price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

garmin vivofit for 79 quid in Halfords. It's an activity tracker, but someone might find it useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

lennymc wrote: »
    garmin vivofit for 79 quid in Halfords. It's an activity tracker, but someone might find it useful.

69 without HRM and 10% off with axa or groupscheme making it 62.10. Interesting device though still figuring out what to do with the information (other than walk more!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

bp_me wrote: »
    69 without HRM and 10% off with axa or groupscheme making it 62.10. Interesting device though still figuring out what to do with the information (other than walk more!).

I only saw it for 79 without HRM and was planning on using axa card. It's not for me, but rather a gift for a family member and i think it hits the nail on the head for the casual activity type person.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

lennymc wrote: »
    I only saw it for 79 without HRM and was planning on using axa card. It's not for me, but rather a gift for a family member and i think it hits the nail on the head for the casual activity type person.

Absolutely. Will get one for the trouble and strife.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nice looking bike as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Seriously tempted by this! Has anyone any experience with the frame, especially for racing? The plan would be to use it as a dedicated racing machine (with some sportives thrown in and the Pyrenees next year).

Planet X stuffs quality is really poor .. And there aftersales is a disaster .. Had an issue with one of there frames and it was brand new they wouldn't stand over it .. That why there frames are ao cheap .. You get what u pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

noc231073 wrote: »
    Planet X stuffs quality is really poor .. And there aftersales is a disaster .. Had an issue with one of there frames and it was brand new they wouldn't stand over it .. That why there frames are ao cheap .. You get what u pay for

That sucks dude but In fairness i Wouldn't agree with that at all, that's a fairly 'biased' statement to say the quality is really poor based on one personal experience, I'd a similar story with a high end ridley frame with no comeback, but I wouldn't be going around saying Ridleys are really poor based on one frame issue. (It did piss me off no end tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

I have a planet x, just over a year. No issues so far. Nice bike. It is my first carbon so nothing to compare it with but it is probably a better bike than I am cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

25,000km and counting on a PlanetX carbon frame and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Got to agree with the other posters. Planet X have loads of happy customers. As far as I know, they buy the frames from China , from the same factories as Decathlon, Ribble and other sellers of generic own brand frames.

Remember, people that buy premium brands also encounter quality problems and will alsi experience poor customer service at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

think that customer service is pretty important with carbon frames heard pretty mixed reviews for planet x bikes especially once you have dealt with someone elses brand.

Love the willier, there is a simliar looking sensa going atm with slightly better spec which is catching my eye, new bike due 2015 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Temptation won, pulled the trigger. Now the waiting begins.

Let us know how you get on with this also interested are you going to race your bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I ride an On One hardtail and have zero complaints about the product. The frame is solid and the equipment and build quality is second to none.

They're communication was somewhat questionable when I had ordered but in fairness, I was very keen to get my new bike so was expecting a lot from them.

Overall, a solid 9/10 to Planet X / On One from me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement