Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Catlike Whisper helmets will be 25 quid in Halfords from tomorrow until sold out. Must say though they're not in any way comfortable.

So... can we reserve them on Xmas day??? Are we talking Euro and the Irish site or is it a UK deal only??

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Masala wrote: »
    So... can we reserve them on Xmas day??? Are we talking Euro and the Irish site or is it a UK deal only??
    Nope. Price will only be in store, not sure about online. €25 here or £20 in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Catlike Whisper helmets will be 25 quid in Halfords from tomorrow until sold out. Must say though they're not in any way comfortable.

Find mine very comfortable. I suppose it depends on the shape of your head. That's a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Hold on while I check my crystal ball........... Yes, the sale will get better but only XS and XXXXL sizes will be left at that stage.
    Finally I might find some bargains in cycling gear that fits me. Not enough places stock XS!

Is anybody aware of any stores around Dublin with a good Christmas sale? I'm looking to pick up a couple of pairs of cycling shoes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Shimano RS31, Tyres and Tubes for between 140-150 deliveredor thereabouts.

Over here at Ribble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

are those catlike whisper helmets in halfords tomorrow is it? are they in all of them on selected stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

That's mad Ted.
    They retail at over 100 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Not the Catlike but these ain't bad value at 25 ( or 22.50 with extra 10% off if reserved before midnight).

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/accessories/helmets/bell-lumen-helmet

THe 25e is for the white/silver version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Is Halfords open on Stephens Day???

I booked the above Bell at €22-50 for collection on 6th Jan. is this better than my BBB helmet????

OR.. Should I get up early and try for the Catlike????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

EDGE 500 is on Amazon deals tomorrow from 10 AM. Just the unit itself, no HRM etc, its 126 GBP/150 EURO at the moment so probably drop to 90 or so id say

Tacx antares rollers also at 7 am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Weepsie wrote: »
    EDGE 500 is on Amazon deals tomorrow from 10 AM. Just the unit itself, no HRM etc, its 126 GBP/150 EURO at the moment so probably drop to 90 or so id say

Virb elite up at the same time as the 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Catlike Whisper Helmets @ Halfords are not €25 as discussed earlier. Still good value at €73, at this price not worth adding to my already burgeoning collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

AmberGold wrote: »
    Catlike Whisper Helmets @ Halfords are not €25 as discussed earlier. Still good value at €73, at this price not worth adding to my already burgeoning collection.

Is that online? Different price in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Weepsie wrote: »

The edge 500 is now reduced to £79.99 until noon in the Amazon Sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

That's correct, was just there for a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭billyhead

penguin88 wrote: »
    The edge 500 is now reduced to £79.99 until noon in the Amazon Sale.

would you have a link foe this offer. Can't find it on the site myself

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭KaseLieberKase

billyhead wrote: »

Already sold out I'm afraid

billyhead wrote: »

It's 100% claimed now, I'm using the app on my phone so can't link I'm afraid. You can join the waitlist in the top right corner of the product page for the edge where it has details of the lightning deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

penguin88 wrote: »
    It's 100% claimed now, I'm using the app on my phone so can't link I'm afraid. You can join the waitlist in the top right corner of the product page for the edge where it has details of the lightning deal.

Joined the wait list, says I'm number 32 and a good shot of getting it... Is it a good product? Haven't used a gps for cycling and think its time I invest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

In store they are 25 euro!

My sister picked one up for me in Carrickmines an hour ago.. A few in stock, marked at up to 94 euro, but 25 at the till

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Nice gear on Sean Kelly website. Not sure if they are sale prices.

http://www.seankellycycling.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

I went into halfords liffey valley but unfortunately the large catlike whisper (up to 61cm!!) isn't big enough for my fat head! I think they were 42 euro which is pretty cheap but one of the white matt ones was kinda scruffy. I got catlike taco which isn't as nice but it does cater for my fat head! 32 euro which is good value! I also got full length mudguards that connect to the stays through rubber attachments (like raceblades) but are full length and have an attachment that attaches to the brake caliper. they look really sturdy.

Both very good value. 20% off lights too!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Anyone know anything. About being on the waiting list for a lightening sale on amazon, how long does it take to find out etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just ordered one from here thanks to an earlier post ,€105 delivered
    http://www.clevertraining.com/garmin-virb-and-virb-elite-action-camera.html

That's the virb the virb elite is different
    The virb is 99 and virb elite is 399 on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just ordered one from here thanks to an earlier post ,€105 delivered
    http://www.clevertraining.com/garmin-virb-and-virb-elite-action-camera.html

Good price, the Elite is $399 there mind, and €165 on Amazon, only the standard Virb is €105 on that site, so Amazon still represents an excellent deal if anyone wants the Elite and no potential VAT and Duty hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

Nope. Price will only be in store, not sure about online. €25 here or £20 in the UK.

False alarm. I left the comfort of a heated house to check this offer out. No discounts in site lads. Poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭27cyrix

ckeego wrote: »
    In store they are 25 euro!

My sister picked one up for me in Carrickmines an hour ago.. A few in stock, marked at up to 94 euro, but 25 at the till

Just back from Carrickmines, There are only two M size left.

I but a MET crossover for 25 euro instead.

Also, LOTS locks are better than HALF price
    ABUS GRANT-plus 35 euro (2 left)
    MUCH CHEAPER THAN AMAZON
    ABUS veroso(something start with v anyway) 30euro
    ABUS GRANT-Xplus 90euro

• Advertisement

bazzer86 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything. About being on the waiting list for a lightening sale on amazon, how long does it take to find out etc?

If your get to the top of the queue for the deal, you get a pop up on the Amazon site and the item goes into your basket at the deal price for I think 15 minutes. If it was for the Garmin edge 500, that offer finished up at noon. It's a nice piece of kit so keep an eye on the site, they tend to repeat these lightening deal items after a few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement