Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

G2ECE wrote: »
    Instore only again I take it??

Yup. They're all scanning at 25 now so shouldn't be messy like last time. Alsoon the list, Bell Lumen, Bell Stoker, Bell Venture.
    Plastik wrote: »
    Is there any way of knowing what's in stock and where? Local Halfords is open until 9 but ... well, it would mean that I would have to leave the house.

Giving the shop a call is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Yup. They're all scanning at 25 now so shouldn't be messy like last time. Alsoon the list, Bell Lumen, Bell Stoker, Bell Venture.

Giving the shop a call is your best bet.

Did you see the Catlike stuff reduced.......???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Plastik wrote: »
    Is there any way of knowing what's in stock and where? Local Halfords is open until 9 but ... well, it would mean that I would have to leave the house.

There's a stock checker on their website as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Catlike helmets are not on the website..

There is stock in limerixk but it's going fast

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

No Catlike helmets in the Galway store unfortunately when I wandered in this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

That's a good deal, I paid €116 for mine from CRC but that was just the trainer with no accessories.

Picked it up today. Was expecting the extra bits to be generic or halfords but they were elite branded. Happy out with it, going to give it a spin now with single speed while watching some TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

No Catlike is stock in Halfords Blanchardstown this evening either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I don't think I've ever seen Catlike equipment stocked in Halfords in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

My missus picked up 2 Catlike Vacuums today-only reduced to 54 euro each..

Still a lot better value than the 101 on Wiggle..

The Medium one doesn't fit me-anyone want it rather than have to return it?

It is Black and fluoro yellow-Interestingly whilst both of them came with the pads etc, there is no peak..

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

got my Catlike Whisper this afternoon in Halfords Liffey valley, €25
    matt black, only small sizes (in the whisper left), lucky i've a small head!!
    other Catlike styles also there at €25, stand just inside the door , end of season sign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 willyou

Campagnolo Zonda Black Clincher Wheels €261.07 including delivery on ribble. Campag freehub.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

cheerspal wrote: »

If only. The saving is €151

If only. The saving is €151

Lol. Sorry been up since 5am!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭27cyrix

Halfords Carrickmines 3PM today.
    2 large catlike tako in stock. Black and white

My gf picks up a size M whisper which is the last whisper.

The ones in Halfords in Coolock were only reduced to 90 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I know it's cheap but that whisper lid is a terrible looking yolk altogther.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I know it's cheap but that whisper lid is a terrible looking yolk altogther.

The Vacuum is MUCH nicer looking!!:D

ckeego wrote: »
    The Vacuum is MUCH nicer looking!!:D

Looks well without the visor alright :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

can anyone tell me the cheapest sites to buy peddles from and general accessory's ?.

shop around they all have different sales and discounts.

Planet x
    Ribble
    Merlin cycles
    Bike 24
    Bikediscount.de
    4thebike.de
    wiggle
    chain reaction
    swimbikerun

and loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

can anyone tell me the cheapest sites to buy peddles from and general accessory's ?.

Pedals in ribble good value - http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Look-Keo-Classic-Pedals/LOOKPEDA860

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Tail end of Chain Reaction's January sale right now, depending what sort of general accessories you're looking for. They have quite a low minimum for free postage, too (though not a concern if you're ordering a shedload, obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

From my memories of helping my dad with DIY stuff, this is great for cleaning your hands of oil after doing work: https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thurs-5-feb/products-detail-page/ps/p/swarfega-orange-1

when i worked summers in my Grandfathers garage, this stuff used to come in large tins and was green with a sort of grit mixed into it, worked great, also removed many layers of epidermis along with the dirt....maybe the orange stuff is less severe and less effective..let me know

either way i'd better not get that as the Valentines gift!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Using code UKSTAFF20 there is an option for 20% off at Planet X at the moment. It looks like a staff members private discount but a thread over on lfgss.com shows that the company is happy for it to be on general release......., for how long, isn't certain.

Anyway, anyone fancy a Planet X Pro Carbon with 11speed Campagnolo Chorus and campagnolo khamsins for just £1040?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Using code UKSTAFF20 there is an option for 20% off at Planet X at the moment.

It was posted here about 2 or 3 months ago, I used it myself, worked fine, dropped it at an english address though as I was unsure how tightly they were looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

For anybody with a small head or a few large then Liffey Valley Halfords have catlike helmets all at €25

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement