Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Using code UKSTAFF20 there is an option for 20% off at Planet X at the moment. It looks like a staff members private discount but a thread over on lfgss.com shows that the company is happy for it to be on general release......., for how long, isn't certain.

Anyway, anyone fancy a Planet X Pro Carbon with 11speed Campagnolo Chorus and campagnolo khamsins for just £1040?

This code doesn't work on the Planet X site but still works on the sister website http://www.on-one.co.uk/. They have the exact same stock.

Just bought a few things myself and worked ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Halfords in Limerick had 3 small size Catlike Vacuums left for €25 when I was there earlier

I bought my two girls a small matt black Catlike whisper each. Gotta be the coolest helmeted kids in school! :)

Daddy had to make do with a vacuum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

fat bloke wrote: »
    I bought my two girls a small matt black Catlike whisper each. Gotta be the coolest helmeted kids in school! :)

I can't imagine a vacuum would be a very good helmet.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Zyzz wrote: »
    I can't imagine a vacuum would be a very good helmet.. :P

garthalgar.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

fat bloke wrote: »

You have to take it to the next level. The kids can't be expected to perform at the highest level without the proper equipment

156617_499716265663_731045663_7641499_627009_n-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Post over in Bargain Alerts for Timbuk 2 messenger bags, also lots of other Timbuk2 stuff

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057377313

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

cunavalos wrote: »
    You have to take it to the next level. The kids can't be expected to perform at the highest level without the proper equipment

156617_499716265663_731045663_7641499_627009_n-1.jpg

That wheelset alone is worth more than my car!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

my money is on the one on the blue bike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cunavalos wrote: »

wheels like that and no clip-ins

Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

topcat77 wrote: »
    This code doesn't work on the Planet X site but still works on the sister website http://www.on-one.co.uk/. They have the exact same stock.

Just bought a few things myself and worked ok.

worked for me on planet x .co.uk site today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

ckeego wrote: »
    That wheelset alone is worth more than my car!! :eek:

That's true!! I've seen your car :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Planet X Discount code UKSTAFF20 still working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Any good deals on Tyres at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I just picked up a Catlike Leaf MTB helmet in Halfords Liffey Valley for €25. They had a selection of Vacuum, Whisper and Toco models on a stand downstairs next to the cash registers, not upstairs in the cycling dept. Only one other large left, others were small/medium. Also had a few Bell and Met models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Any promotional helmet stock in Halfords Coolock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Aldi in Blackpool/Cork have 1/2 price cycling bib tights, pants, etc. Mens & ladies with a good few sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

The_Sub wrote: »
    Aldi in Blackpool/Cork have 1/2 price cycling bib tights, pants, etc. Mens & ladies with a good few sizes.

I noticed a final few in the Ballincollig Aldi, too, though very limited range of sizes. Less than half price: I think they'd been reduced about three separate times. (Something like a fiver for the base layers and the bib tights.)

They had lots of the rain jackets. Only in black. Something like €7, if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I noticed a final few in the Ballincollig Aldi, too, though very limited range of sizes. Less than half price: I think they'd been reduced about three separate times. (Something like a fiver for the base layers and the bib tights.)

They had lots of the rain jackets. Only in black. Something like €7, if memory serves.

do yourself a ffavour.if you plan to spend longer than an hour in the saddle, then don't buy aldi/lidl "padded" cycling shorts or bibs.
    Your ass will thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

seanin4711 wrote: »
    do yourself a ffavour.if you plan to spend longer than an hour in the saddle, then don't buy aldi/lidl "padded" cycling shorts or bibs.
    Your ass will thank you!

I've done many 4 hour + rides in them. No issue with my ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

godtabh wrote: »

ditto. the winter bibs are actually quite comfy and warm and all 'spacey' looking with all that flecky silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Your ass will thank you!

I've had a pair of the bib tights for several months, and my firm opinion -- and that of my arse, too -- is "a lot better than the pair of jeans I was cycling in before that!"

Recommendations for a slightly better pair for not vastly more money welcome. Especially for a pair of shorts, come the slightly warmer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Have a pair of Adidas that i got a two years ago, fleece lined and have never let me down. think they where 130 wheelworx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

new fly 12 front camera / light combo, fly 6 is a great product . however the fly 12 seems to be a bit pricey.

However if you want $200 off?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fly6/fly12-cycling-accessory-1080p-camera-and-front-lig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Your ass will thank you!

Yep, cycle all winter in mine and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Your ass will thank you!

I'd often wear them as an under layer when out MTBing and find them to be quiet good on a 3-4 hour cycle on uneven terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Your ass will thank you!

I have two pairs of the bib tights and the pad is perfect in them and I've used them on 3hr spins. What I do find a little bothersome is the knees of them, they can be a little tight as there Is no stretch in the waterproof front layer secton of them but it's only a minor gripe and for €5 they're hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Personal thing. I can spend 8h+ in the saddle in my unpadded bibshorts no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

godtabh wrote: »

Same.

I wear the "pro" long leg stuff a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

I have two pairs of the bib tights and the pad is perfect in them and I've used them on 3hr spins. What I do find a little bothersome is the knees of them, they can be a little tight as there Is no stretch in the waterproof front layer secton of them but it's only a minor gripe and for €5 they're hard to beat.

Found that with the knees also but for warmth and padding they're good value. Picked up a Catlike Whisper in Halfords yesterday for €25, they had a good stock of various brands, lad behind the counter said they'll keep coming in as their point of sales system orders one for every one sold :confused: cheap helmets forever:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement