Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

calistro wrote: »
    Found that with the knees also but for warmth and padding they're good value. Picked up a Catlike Whisper in Halfords yesterday for €25, they had a good stock of various brands, lad behind the counter said they'll keep coming in as their point of sales system orders one for every one sold :confused: cheap helmets forever:D:D

Which halfords had the Catlike Helmets??

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

padjo5 wrote: »
    Which halfords had the Catlike Helmets??

Most stores had stock, I was in the Navan store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Free mavic cosmic slr's anyone?

Alls you gotsta do is buy a Scott foil 20 in wheelworx Fonthill tomorrow for €2369.

Not a bad deal for anyone imminently shelling out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I have two pairs of the bib tights and the pad is perfect in them and I've used them on 3hr spins. What I do find a little bothersome is the knees of them, they can be a little tight as there Is no stretch in the waterproof front layer secton of them but it's only a minor gripe and for €5 they're hard to beat.

That might be a bit optimistic on the price! Popped into that Aldi, and had a look. Still lots and lots of the Ladies in stock, fewer of the Mens. They're wanting €16 for the bibs and the jackets, €12 for the jerseys, and €7 for the base layers. Didn't have a men's L bottom, am going to see if I can get away with transing a pair. Might be half a step smaller though, if I'm understanding the sizing...

No XL bibs, but one L, and several Ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sram Red Brake calipers on planet x deal @ €90.99

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BCSRR/sram-red-brake-caliper

BCSRR_P1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Halfords have a 15% discount on Boardman bikes until the 18th

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes?brand=Boardman&cm_re=Home+Page-_-feature2-_-15pcboardman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

whacker00 wrote: »

And is you have an axa card you may get an extra 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Arasnatra

ProBikeKit UK have a 30% off on GARMIN Vird & accessories.

I can't post the link, please some one posted for me.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

lennymc wrote: »
    And is you have an axa card you may get an extra 10% off.

Asked this instore on Sunday and was told the Axa discount won't work in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

seanin4711 wrote: »
    do yourself a ffavour.if you plan to spend longer than an hour in the saddle, then don't buy aldi/lidl "padded" cycling shorts or bibs.
    Your ass will thank you!

My Aldi Bib Tights have let me down with tears and rips on the leg zips but never the padding.

Did a nice 80k with them just this Saturday and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Asked this instore on Sunday and was told the Axa discount won't work in this case

It appears to depend on the person serving in Halfords, some people accept and some people don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

From my experience on other discounted and bundled items also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Half price deal on livingsocial for a bike service in Cycleways.
    For 15 euro an "expert" will do the following

• An expert will give your two-wheeled friend a thorough inspection, including the following: ensure the tightness of the wheels, handlebars, saddles, and peddles; degrease and lubricate the chain; check brakes for wear; adjust gears; and inflate tyres to correct pressure.

(Apart from the chain lube, it's basically a pre-ride checkover)

Would they really have charged E30 for tightening "peddles" etc?

https://www.livingsocial.com/ie/cities/1482-north-dublin/deals/1379534-bike-service?cvosrc=email.blast-ie.digest_citywideie&utm_campaign=digest_citywideie&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

furiousox wrote: »
    Half price deal on livingsocial for a bike service in Cycleways.
    For 15 euro an "expert" will do the following

• An expert will give your two-wheeled friend a thorough inspection, including the following: ensure the tightness of the wheels, handlebars, saddles, and peddles; degrease and lubricate the chain; check brakes for wear; adjust gears; and inflate tyres to correct pressure.

(Apart from the chain lube, it's basically a pre-ride checkover)

Would they really have charged E30 for tightening "peddles" etc?

https://www.livingsocial.com/ie/cities/1482-north-dublin/deals/1379534-bike-service?cvosrc=email.blast-ie.digest_citywideie&utm_campaign=digest_citywideie&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

If it's not a bargain to you, then why put it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

It appears to depend on the person serving in Halfords, some people accept and some people don't.

Cashiers shouldn't. And will get an almighty b*ll*xing if they do. No double discounting allowed I'm afraid.
    Also, they'll be 15% off the current Pinarello range both online and instore from the 19th. If your local store isn't range for Pinarello you can still click a collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

@Harrybelafonte
    Might be a bargain to someone.
    If you want it removed, report it.....then have a coffee. ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Cashiers shouldn't. And will get an almighty b*ll*xing if they do. No double discounting allowed I'm afraid.

One is a sale reduction the other is a loyalty discount for being a customer of a particular insurance broker. So technically it's not a double discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    One is a sale reduction the other is a loyalty discount for being a customer of a particular insurance broker. So technically it's not a double discount.
    Well if you really want to get into the nitty gritty of it. Both are processed through Transaction Discount Coupons, one coupon code per transaction regardless of it being a promotional POS or an AXA discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Halfords have 15% of cleaning/lubricants and tools until tomorrow Wednesday, best is to click and reserve online as the prices online can differ from in store prices, I got some muc off stuff today, clicked and reserved while in shop so got it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Tried out these bib tights this morning on the commute:

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLAGPGVEBTWP/agu-progresso-vento-super-roubaix-bib-tights-(with-pad)

Not sure if they're worth the RRP but they certainly are now my best pair of bib tights. For the price they are on now I think it's a bargain. Very comfy and warm. The straps look strange but they do their job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hmmzis wrote: »

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLAGPGVEBTWP/agu-progresso-vento-super-roubaix-bib-tights-(with-pad)

Not sure if they're worth the RRP but they certainly are now my best pair of bib tights. For the price they are on now I think it's a bargain. Very comfy and warm. The straps look strange but they do their job nicely.

What's the sizing like? Am I a small?

buffalo wrote: »
    What's the sizing like? Am I a small?

The medium is spot on for me. I'd say you would be S for sure or maybe even XS with all that Ras training you've been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Any size guide? Can't find it and see some wildly varying estimates when I google...

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

The medium is spot on for me. I'd say you would be S for sure or maybe even XS with all that Ras training you've been doing.

Yup i got these bibs as well and they're lovely. I got a large and it fits perfect - i'd be 5 7ish and a bit stocky
    They're also going in a bundle with a winter jacket and something else I can't remember, but seems even better value if you're wanting those.

Nwm2 wrote: »
    Any size guide? Can't find it and see some wildly varying estimates when I google...

I'd say the fit is quite regular. I'm about 5' 10" at 78-79kg and the medium fits perfect. Also, the discount code mentioned a couple pages back worked fine for me, so it was an even better bargain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cycle Super store 10 tubes for 40e

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp

The reviews of said tubes seem quite good.
    Also, they'll be 15% off the current Pinarello range both online and instore from the 19th. If your local store isn't range for Pinarello you can still click a collect.

I have had it done loads of time, just pull out an AXA card when they are ringing it through, nothing flags on their system and the cashiers have never brought it up.

I imagine in many cases its only noticed if you ask, best to do and not to ask. If they say no, you can still back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Ribble have a sale on groupsets. Ultegra down to €557.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Just out of Halfords Liffey Valley - wife picked up a Catlike Vacuum. Huge thanks for the alert here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement