Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Halfords are doing 20% off these

Continental Race Bike Inner Tube - 700c x 18-25c

2 for €12.78, collect in store, can't find them much cheaper anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

jon1981 wrote: »
    As per the poster above:

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/accessories/vittoria-ultralite-tube.html

but can only order 2 (or that's all that's left in stock) and min purchase is 15e.

update: they're gone.

I got 2 of the 42mm and a couple of 80mm stem ones.

Thanks Seweryn.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Morvelo having a Spring Classics sale - pricey at full RRP (which they generally are) but best bibs I own and good bargain at these prices

http://www.morvelo.com/men/spring-classic-offers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Actually halfords have 20% off all cycling gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Any deals going on inner tubes at the min used last one this morning. Cold morning for changing a puncture.

Marrey bikes are doing 5 tubes for 24 free delivery too

http://www.marreybikes.com/inner-tubes/3292-maxxis-welter-weight-puncture-resistant-inner-tubes-5-tubes.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Anyone got a recommendation for a good deal on half decent glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Borderfox wrote: »
    I'd like to thank Ribble Cycles for my 15 day delivery on two tyres that I was charges €6 postage, top marks and never again

In the past 12 months I've bought, wheels, handlebars, bar tape and two groupsets from Ribble (all individual purchases) and shipping times have been within 3 to 4 days max. Their prices are considerably less than Wiggle, CRC, Evans or Merlin. Theyre the first site I check when I'm buying stuff and 9 times out of 10 I buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Gearsofwars

Got some Muc Off 1ltr Cleaner today in tesco Wexford only €2.82

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Morvelo having a Spring Classics sale - pricey at full RRP (which they generally are) but best bibs I own and good bargain at these prices

http://www.morvelo.com/men/spring-classic-offers

60quid for shorts of that quality now is decent, whats delivery like?

manafana wrote: »

Never bought directly from them so couldn't tell you

Quality is excellent though and never reduced by more than 20% in any of the popular sizes with Wiggle etc. Would be all over it if I hadn't scored a Gabba last month but good dilemma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Never bought directly from them so couldn't tell you

Quality is excellent though and never reduced by more than 20% in any of the popular sizes with Wiggle etc. Would be all over it if I hadn't scored a Gabba last month but good dilemma

Ordered in end with one of the jerseys, the finish on them and design is lovely, thanks

fyi delivery was free which is nice, lots of smaller retailers stumble at the crazy p&p cost phase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

manafana wrote: »

Whats sizing like on the Morvelo gear? Sizing info says im a medium but im kind of between sizes generally on the larger side of medium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Got my Straight Jacket Oakleys today from the Pigsback offer from Brand Arena, great value for €79

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Borderfox wrote: »
    Got my Straight Jacket Oakleys today from the Pigsback offer from Brand Arena, great value for €79

Are they real?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

All the original packaging, spot varnish, polarised lens

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

Bambaata wrote: »
    Whats sizing like on the Morvelo gear? Sizing info says im a medium but im kind of between sizes generally on the larger side of medium

+1 sizing ??

devonp wrote: »
    +1 sizing ??

Medium fine if you are 30-32 waist. Similar to equivalent sizing to Pearl Izumi and Altura that I own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Keep a look out for Any deals on gels, energy drink powder etc Looking specifically powerbar brand! Cheers.

Holland and barrett have a sale on at the moment. Powerbars for 1.49.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/iq.asp?SearchText=powerbar&Search.x=23&Search.y=7&Search=GO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Richies in Swords has two 23mm or 25mm Conti GP4000IIs for 90 euro.
    Not the cheapest but they seem to be scarce at the moment and it's always good to support the LBS.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'd like to support it but shoes on special on offer, no stock in my size. Aah, you'll have them in couple of days, order one for you. Been there 3 times, waiting 3 weeks so far, guess what, still no shoes! /rant over
    Ordering online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Online discount code:

10% off next order with rapha, i wont be using it so free to a good home, PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

Muc-off bike cleaner 1lt in Tesco Wexford @ €2.82. I've Seen that going for €9.99 normally or €7.50 on offer.

Also other Muc Off products attached but not sure if they are good bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Allabaah wrote: »
    Muc-off bike cleaner 1lt in Tesco Wexford @ €2.82. I've Seen that going for €9.99 normally or €7.50 on offer.

Also other Muc Off products attached but not sure if they are good bargains.

The Bio Degreaser is a very good bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Aldi have Garmin 200 up for sale on 12/4 for €89.99.
    Seems a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Don't know anything about quality of these yokes, but I noticed this bike trailers deal on HUKD so thought I would post. They're reduced a good bit in Halford's plus you can get another 20% off. Below prices are after you factor in the 20% further discount. No idea on nationwide stocks but I tested them in Carrickmines and all seemed to be there.
    Halfords Single Buggy Child Bike Trailer € 84
    Halfords Double Buggy Child Bike Trailerr € 99.20
    Bellelli Bike Taxi Child Bike Trailer € 148
    Seems like the deal is there til next Monday. Might be able to chance your arm with an AXA card too or whatever to get more money off.

I quite like the look of the last one, but just don't know where I'd use it as I can't see them being used on public roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

g0g wrote: »
    Don't know anything about quality of these yokes, but I noticed this bike trailers deal on HUKD so thought I would post. They're reduced a good bit in Halford's plus you can get another 20% off. Below prices are after you factor in the 20% further discount. No idea on nationwide stocks but I tested them in Carrickmines and all seemed to be there.
    Seems like the deal is there til next Monday. Might be able to chance your arm with an AXA card too or whatever to get more money off.

I quite like the look of the last one, but just don't know where I'd use it as I can't see them being used on public roads.

I think the country needs curbed bike lanes everywhere to use one.

Look like a bit of craic all the same. Kids would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Sportpursuit have Pearl Izumi Tri Fly IV Carbons for £80. Not on their mail alerts for some reason so hard to find
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/mens-tri-fly-iv-carbon-shoes-white-silver

For the record, I got these today. Went for the 47 in the end after being told they were out of 46. They fit perfect sockless so I'm happy.

As I couldn't find any reference to sizing that I could compare this might be useful for some. My sizes are:
    Mizuno runners - UK11
    Specialized Road Shoes - EUR46
    Pearl Izumi Tri Shoes - EUR47

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

g0g wrote: »

ive new twins and im looking around for bike options..
    http://irishcycle.com/how-to/child-carrying-options/
    the bike at the end of the page above is my favourite when they are old enough for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Free motion cycles in Gran Canaria are selling off some of this years rental bikes. I've used them before and from what I seen they look after the bikes really well, all were washed down and re-oiled before every spin, brakes and gears checked too. Not sure how you would get it to Ireland or how much it would cost but seems like some good prices, all cannondale bikes.

http://www.free-motion.com/en/bike-shop-gran-canaria/road-bike-sale/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement