Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

kev1986 wrote: »
    Eurocycles have the garmin 500 bundle with premium HRM and cadence sensor for 209.99

link? serious bargain if its the newer non magnet type

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kev1986

Can't link haven't gone past 50 posts but its on the homepage of eurocycles as an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sadly its the cack GSC10 that doesn't last for most.
    In The Box
    Edge 500 Red/Black
    GSC10 Speed/Cadence sensor
    Premium HRM strap
    Bike mount
    AC charger
    USB cable
    Quickstart guide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

kev1986 wrote: »
    Eurocycles have the garmin 500 bundle with premium HRM and cadence sensor for 209.99

http://www.eurocycles.ie/product/garmin-edge-500-red-cycling-gps-with-premium-heart-rate--and--speed-cadence-sensor-60320

Just the standard speed cadence sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭billyhead

So is the Garmin 500 from Eurocycles a good deal folks? Im considering
    getting it. Have a 200 but wouldn't mind making use of the cadence sensor and other features it has that the 200 doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

link? serious bargain if its the newer non magnet type

What's the difference?

Kinet1c wrote: »
    What's the difference?

The new ones just wrap round a wheel hub and a crank arm and work it all out, the old one GSC10 needs a magnet on the wheel and on the crank and is generally a pita, easy to break, easy to get misaligned and tends to let water in and break.

medium_Foto.JPG

Inquitus wrote: »
    The new ones just wrap round a wheel hub and a crank arm and work it all out, the old one GSC10 needs a magnet on the wheel and on the crank and is generally a pita, easy to break, easy to get misaligned and tends to let water in and break.

medium_Foto.JPG

Interesting. Better off going for basic 500 and then buying the sensor separate?

Yep thats what I would do, new much better versions below.

ge1000_cadence_sensor.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Anyone got the best deals on the cadence speed sensors (new version) do the only work with garmin head units?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have the new speed / cadence sensors. 100 times better than the old one. They just work

godtabh wrote: »
    I have the new speed / cadence sensors. 100 times better than the old one. They just work

Does that come with the 510 bundle? Not keen on the 500 if the sensor is going to break or need fiddling with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Borderfox wrote: »
    Anyone got the best deals on the cadence speed sensors (new version) do the only work with garmin head units?

€69 with free delivery from swimcyclerun.com got it the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Does that come with the 510 bundle? Not keen on the 500 if the sensor is going to break or need fiddling with.

I think the new sensors come with the edge 1000 - that's at least how these are advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd take that review with a pinch of salt I have 2 gsc10 sensors and havent had any issues with either. If it had the new sensor that would be great but having the old one wouldn't be a deal breaker to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'd take that review with a pinch of salt I have 2 gsc10 sensors and havent had any issues with either. If it had the new sensor that would be great but having the old one wouldn't be a deal breaker to me.

Indeed I've not had a single issue with either of my sets of the gsc 10's. 2 years old both of them and one on my commuter which goes through.some really crap weather!

I had 2 and both died after about 2 years, water intrusion for one and the cadence measurement stopped working on the other. They are fiddly if you are at a race or a sportif and it gets a knock while your bike is leaned against the wall the magnets can end up misaligned, stopping mid race to fix isn't an option, it was a grand solution when better wasn't available but if I was buying now I wouldn't bother.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bought them seperatley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Inquitus wrote: »
    Yep thats what I would do, new much better versions below.

ge1000_cadence_sensor.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg
    Sexeh! What's the internal gubbins? Some sort of gravity/orientation switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

foock have to stop reading this thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Giro Transfer Helmet can be got for €20 in Halfords. The guy at the till was a bit surprised as it's also listed at 55 in a slightly different colour.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/helmets/adult-helmets/giro-transfer-bike-helmet-white-silver-54-61cm

Got one, after getting the bell lumen too last week. Nice and light, though not the best looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Stainless steel road bike on 105 5800 for 1224gbp? Looks like a bargain to me :) (Genesis Equilibrium)

http://www.tweekscycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/genesis-equilibrium-stainless-steel-road-bike-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Sexeh! What's the internal gubbins? Some sort of gravity/orientation switch?

Accelerometer inside that basically measures g-force to determine circular rotations:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerometer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Alek wrote: »
    Stainless steel road bike on 105 5800 for 1224gbp? Looks like a bargain to me :) (Genesis Equilibrium)

http://www.tweekscycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/genesis-equilibrium-stainless-steel-road-bike-2015

A bargain until you see how poor the exchange rate is at the moment:(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

ckeego wrote: »
    A bargain until you see how poor the exchange rate is at the moment:(

A bargain if you hit the Euro button at the top of the page. It converts from £1224 to €1531.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Wow..should that not be about €1700 at current exchange rates?

That said, with the euro so weak at the moment, unless something is 40/50% off, its not much of a bargain after conversion from £ or $ to Yoyo's

Looking towards 2016 ,with many items being bought by agents in $, retail prices for 2016 might be higher. ( Did I read here that Rose will increase bike pricing shortly for this very reason? )

Perhaps 2015 is the year to splurge on the dream bike/ kit...? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Swamp3 wrote: »
    A bargain if you hit the Euro button at the top of the page. It converts from £1224 to €1531.

You are 100% correct!

Excluding any cross border handling fees, today's exchange on that amount is just under 1710 euro.

Like Kaisr Sose has said, most manufacturers and distributors in the UK and US are going to pass on the poor rate to their customers..

Even the European manufactures such as Rose and Canyon because they are sourcing parts etc overseas are also likely to do the same..

Pull the trigger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

bit of a long shot but has anyone seen any Campagnolo zonda wheels at a good price? swimruncycle.ie are out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

stas wrote:
    Pink socks can only be Rapha's:

Nisio wrote:
    bit of a long shot but has anyone seen any Campagnolo zonda wheels at a good price? swimruncycle.ie are out of stock

4thebike.de . Just ordered myself. €299 plus 14.50 p&p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

€339 from Wiggle. I bought mine from them 6 weeks ago for €304.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement