Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Anyone remember where those cheap Ebay sunglasses could be found? I can't seem to find them - although i've vague memories that they were on this thread somewhere...
    Word of warning. They scratch extremely easily (first use). You'd be much better off getting a pair of the Aldi or Lidl sunglasses. Whilst not as durable as I'd like well worth the extra price over these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Word of warning. They scratch extremely easily (first use). You'd be much better off getting a pair of the Aldi or Lidl sunglasses. Whilst not as durable as I'd like well worth the extra price over these.

I haven't had this problem at all and I've 4 pairs. Great glasses for the price. I have the aldi lidl ones to and they feel cheap and ill fitting in comparison although I've a big melon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Anyone remember where those cheap Ebay sunglasses could be found? I can't seem to find them - although i've vague memories that they were on this thread somewhere...

even cheaper here ...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Men-Women-UV400-Cycling-Glasses-Outdoor-Sport-Mountain-Bike-MTB-Bicycle-Glasses-Motorcycle-Sunglasses-Eyewear-Oculos/32284285856.html

got a few pairs from that site last year and they've lasted well. only issue was with the ones with blue frames - after sweating for a couple of hours, they leave a nice blue imprint on your face :o

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I haven't had this problem at all and I've 4 pairs. Great glasses for the price. I have the aldi lidl ones to and they feel cheap and ill fitting in comparison although I've a big melon. :D

Agree with this. They're still up on ebay. Search for "UV400 Sunglasses Sports Outdoor Cycling" and you should find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Cycle superstore have mavic aksiums for 149 today plus free p+p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

San Marco Blaze Bike Saddle @€;6 in Halfords - link is for black, white also available

Paddy

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/parts/saddles-seat-posts/san-marco-blaze-bike-saddle

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Cycle superstore have mavic aksiums for 149 today plus free p+p

Have you a link please, I can only find them for €220??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Have you a link please, I can only find them for €220??

Cycle Super Deal, today only: https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

They're on the weekly deal link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Kavrocks wrote: »

I bought three pairs a few months back for the grand total of €7.90 posted. 1 x dark tint, 1 x clear and 1 x yellow tint. I have been wearing the dark tints ones on every spin since and have dropped them a few times and no scratches on them. For the price they're extremely hard to beat. I honestly don't see what the likes of €100 oakleys could do any differently or better.

• Advertisement

cython wrote: »
    Cycle Super Deal, today only:

Am I right in saying these aren't 700mm wheels, but 622? Sorry for being a complete noob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Am I right in saying these aren't 700mm wheels, but 622? Sorry for being a complete noob

Weird!! but they are the same.

622s are the same as 700s.
    Something to do with different ways of measuring diameters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

. I honestly don't see what the likes of €100 oakleys could do any differently or better.

Contain polarising lenses that kill sun glare off a wet Road.

Thanks Eamonator, that had me stumped (and still doesn't make sense) as I saw them described as both around the web, now 53 mins to decide if I can sneak them past the missus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Don't look for permission,beforehand. Ask for forgiveness, afterwards.

My kinda sentiments exactly, now to see if the wages have come in early :) ;0 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Contain polarising lenses that kill sun glare off a wet Road.

I've bought polarised glasses before for ten dollars. It's a marketing thing that polarised lenses are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

My kinda sentiments exactly, now to see if the wages have come in early :) ;0 ;)

Can be gotten for a little over 160 delivered from bike-discount.de if you missed out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

ted1 wrote: »
    I've bought polarised glasses before for ten dollars. It's a marketing thing that polarised lenses are expensive

Not at all. You can get them on very cheap glasses. It's not simply that that's expensive I was just highlighting one thing that differs between these glasses (I have a pair) and say oakleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Extra 10% OFF all Kids Bikes @ Eurocycles with voucher Code: 'KIDS10'

http://www.eurocycles.com/shop/bikes/kids%20bikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

any deals on campag equipt zondas or sciroccos about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    any deals on campag equipt zondas or sciroccos about?
    bike-discount.de you email them with the link from 4thebike which has zondas at €299 I believe, they will match the price plus shipping is €8 where 4thebike charging almost €15

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Zondas are €323 from Ribble with free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Has been posted on this thread several times
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsroad/campagnolo-zonda-clincher-wheelset.html

I'd say he would price match ,he did for me anyway when I rang.Brian is his name and he is sound out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

ted1 wrote: »

Aldi actually had polarised wayfarer style shades the other week for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Park Tools Bike Chain Cleaning System €12 including delivery with code VOTECHAIN

http://www.alimaysports.com/products/ALICT70000246/QKCG2/park-tools-cg2-chain-gang-chain-cleaning-system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Aldi actually had polarised wayfarer style shades the other week for a fiver.

Oakley very deliberately price all their products very highly as part of their business model to create a premium brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Park Tools Bike Chain Cleaning System €12 including delivery with code VOTECHAIN

http://www.alimaysports.com/products/ALICT70000246/QKCG2/park-tools-cg2-chain-gang-chain-cleaning-system

Are these things any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

snollup wrote: »

Sure are unless you have a quick link in your chain and can just take it off and put it in a bottle with cleaning fluid of your choice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

snollup wrote: »

I use the Muc Off one and find it great, you do have to re do it a few times unless you do it very regularly but once done it makes a huge difference

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement