Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

Under Armour- Cold gear winter termal-Elverys €25

These are the dogs balls for the cold....The RED long sleaved ones....yes red and only red are €25 in elverys on suffock street...they are marked at 50 euro but when you bring them to the till they are only 25...this was saturday myself and a friend got one each

Penneys have cheaper thermals, but are a good bit thinner - still handy in slightly cold weather as an under layer though. Think they were a tenner last time I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok granted it's DealExtreme and possibly rubbish, but oh so cheap at $ 33.59 delivered!
    2011 HTC-Highroad Team Long Sleeve Cycling Bicycle Bike Riding Suit Jersey + Pants Set (Size-L)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

g0g wrote: »
    Ok granted it's DealExtreme and possibly rubbish, but oh so cheap at $ 33.59 delivered!
    2011 HTC-Highroad Team Long Sleeve Cycling Bicycle Bike Riding Suit Jersey + Pants Set (Size-L)

Or you could try these guys! seem to have a good rep and qualitly.
    http://www.mupicycling.com/index.php/

Have not got anything from them myself but read a bit on other forums and everyone who bought seemed happy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

aldi have ski-socks which are awesome for €5.99 a pair, they also have a base layer yoke for €9.99 which is OK.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

aldi have ski-socks which are awesome for €5.99 a pair, they also have a base layer yoke for €9.99 which is OK.
    TK MAXX have ski sock bundles (2/3 pairs) starting from about €7/€8. If by 'base layer yoke' you are referring to their Crane branded compression tops, my opinion is that they are actually very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Under Armour- Cold gear winter termal-Elverys €25

These are the dogs balls for the cold....The RED long sleaved ones....yes red and only red are €25 in elverys on suffock street...they are marked at 50 euro but when you bring them to the till they are only 25...this was saturday myself and a friend got one each

This things are the dogs alright! Best termal ive ever used

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Picked this Jacket up today in TKMaxx for €35.

http://www.tritrail.es/en/ropa-triatlon/35-cazadora-long-running-jacket-ironman-vo2max.html

Its a running jacket but has back pockets and should be good on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Looks good, which TKMaxx was that in?

Carrickmines. They had a good few xl and l's left. I didnt check for smaller sizes :p

Seems like its waterproof and breathable. Going to test it tomorrow.

A1 was hoping that's where you'd say. Not a fan of that shop (or any TKMaxx) by any means but needs must. Tomorrow planned, thanks

XL and L is all that concerns me too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Seems like its waterproof and breathable. Going to test it tomorrow.

What's the verdict on the jacket? Any good?

I had a "rest" weekend. Ill deffo test it today. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

im off to tkmax at lunch to take a look at those jackets.

What's the verdict on the jacket? Any good?

I could only find 3 XLs in Carrickmines at 1pm yesterday, no Ls. There are rear pockets alright but I felt it was more of a running jacket. I would'nt fell too happy leaving bits in the rear pockets, they were a little bit "loose".

Only my opinion:o

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Bambaata wrote: »
    This things are the dogs alright! Best termal ive ever used
    +1 on the Under Arnour cold gear..
    Amazing at wicking ...always dry on the inside no matter how sweaty.

Picked this Jacket up today in TKMaxx for €35.

http://www.tritrail.es/en/ropa-triatlon/35-cazadora-long-running-jacket-ironman-vo2max.html

Its a running jacket but has back pockets and should be good on the bike.

i just got one of these aswell in Stephens green. Had a look round and couldnt see anymore, however they did have another ironman branded jacket in stock that looked like it could be waterproof. It was navy, but not sure if it would be suitable for cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I am curious about this jacket, any feed back would be much appreciated. Is it or any use or just a sweat bag?

I tried TK Maxx in Stephen's Green at lunchtime today, and there was no sign of that jacket. I reckon Lenny must've got the last one. That other Ironman jacket didn't look suitable at all.

I did notice these K-Swiss cycling gilets at €22.99 in a few sizes and in two colours, which seems like a decent deal.

They also had a K-Swiss jersey which may have been this one (or maybe this one?) at €19.99. I only saw size S there, but there might've been others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Dunnes Stores in Kilkenny have four bottles of Lucozade sport for €2.50.

I see the cyclesuperstore Wednesday deal is LOOK bib tights for €89.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, but are they any good? :)

I'm looking for better gear for my weekend spins as commuting tends to cause stuff to wear quicker, and I'd almost rather spend another €10 on dhb superroubaix tights because I'd know they're good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Any padding with those?

Just on the that TK MAXX Iron man jacket. I used it last night, running not cycling. Its very good. Breathable but warm. Feels like a €100 + jacket. Doesnt smell today either, I sweat alot when I run :D.

The back pockets are a little loose but I reckon would be fine on the bike for a tube or a few bananas.

No idea about the tights except that at €89 + €7.99 postage, I'll leave them.

I am curious about this jacket, any feed back would be much appreciated. Is it or any use or just a sweat bag?

initial feedback from wearing it last night playing football. it was dry but cold.

The jacket was warm, and I wasnt sweating as much as i normally would in my other jacket, although I did take the jacket off half way through. I was kinda hoping it would be raining so I could test out the waterproofness. Ill try again tomorrow at footie, but will find out for sure at the weekend. It has three zip pockets which are handy for keys and money and stuff.

more feedback as I get more use from it. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

Bikeradar have a dailydeal this weekend with Royles cycles. 25% off everything.

http://www.bikeradardailydeals.com/

Some great bargains like 2011 Cervelo S2 frame set for £1200 or RS for £750

Offer expires midnight Sunday 5th.

Bikeradar have a dailydeal this weekend with Royles cycles. 25% off everything.

http://www.bikeradardailydeals.com/

Some great bargains like 2011 Cervelo S2 frame set for £1200 or RS for £750

Offer expires midnight Sunday 5th.

Some great prices there, especially with another 25% off. Check out the sale section.

Does anyone know what their shipping costs are like? The site seems to indicate that you need to contact them for a quote, but you'd need to put the order through by Sunday night if you want to get 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

I got a frame from them a few months back. It was pretty reasonable, about 25stg and it arrived 3 days after I ordered. They do free shipping in the UK and deduct that amount from the cost of international shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Code - UKTK10

10 pound discount, conditions:
    Only 1 use per customer
    Valid till Friday midday
    50 pound minimum spend required

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

€453 for at 12.1kg hybrid is decent enough, but the implied full price of > €900 for this seems like a rip. Really not trusting the CRC & Wiggle claimed discount percentages at the moment, they just don't stack up if you shop around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement