Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Worth the gamble for €23!

yeah of having the arse ripped off you and your gear may survive the cycle home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

I thought the rule of this forum was not to endorse fakes..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm not at all convinced it's fake, the quality is way too high (had proper tags, chammy, zips aren't the cheap quality ones). It's a Russian team so it could be geographic arbitrage. That said I've never ever considered buying team gear before, so I'm comparing it with leisure gear.

I'll take some pics later and you guys will be able to tell from. If you're certain it's fake then I'll take it down. (I've edited my OP pending verification).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Chammy? Chamois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

They are defo fakes.

shorts start at €90 on the team site
    http://www.tinkoffsportshop.com/product-category/clothing/?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Chammy? Chamois.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Thud

not sure what adidas cycling gear is like but 50% off at the checkout on:

http://www.adidasspecialtysports.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tesco have a few bits reduced,Pannier rack for €8.49,a few other bits reduced to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was in my local Aldi in Enniscorthy,all MTB gear reduced to clear.Jerseys €4.99,gloves €1,socks €1.99,jackets €8.99.Cycling shoes €14.99.

Lidl have bib shorts reduced to €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

zerks wrote: »

They gotta be fakes too at those prices. Are you sure it wasn't a bag of carrots you were looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

fat bloke wrote: »
    They gotta be fakes too at those prices. Are you sure it wasn't a bag of carrots you were looking at?

Whachamean "fakes"? They're not being sold as branded, or any such. I assume -- if it's the ones I saw a couple of weeks ago. Those were originally being sold at €15 or so, so not massively reduced. (Aldi had what might be slightly better quality bib tights a while ago, reduced from a higher initial price.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

fat bloke wrote: »
    alaimacerc wrote: »
    Whachamean "fakes"? They're not being sold as branded, or any such. I assume -- if it's the ones I saw a couple of weeks ago. Those were originally being sold at €15 or so, so not massively reduced. (Aldi had what might be slightly better quality bib tights a while ago, reduced from a higher initial price.)

I bought my missus a set of bib shorts yesterday for 6.99 reduced from 16.99 or something like that.

They do that once the 6 week "return if you're not happy" period has passed.

She's cost me a small fortune.

I bought my missus a set of bib shorts yesterday for 6.99 reduced from 16.99 or something like that.

Isn't it 60 days, and isn't it from the time of sale? Possibly not counting some specific exclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

You should ask. The offer may extend to unwanted wives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mul37

Kask Mojito Road Helmet in selection of colours and sizes €99.99 from alltricks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Bananas 30c in the Summit Stores at top of Howth Hill.

Right where you need em. And always ready to eat - just the right ripeness.

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Bananas 30c in the Summit Stores at top of Howth Hill.

Right where you need em. And always ready to eat - just the right ripeness.

But what's the "right" ripeness for bananas, exactly? Preferences range from "slightly green", through "pure bright yellow" and "light black spots", all the way to "almost entirely black"!

Could be more controversial than lube discussions!

zerks wrote: »

Didn't find these in (one of) my local one(s), but they did have quite a lot of the "Performance Underwear" -- enduring image, isn't it? -- at a fiver. Almost entirely the XLs, though.

Couple more bike items in Aldi this weekend, including (non-bib, I think) shorts with "Dolomiti" padding. And wireless bikeputers again, woo-woo! Was needing a new one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Didn't find these in (one of) my local one(s), but they did have quite a lot of the "Performance Underwear" -- enduring image, isn't it? -- at a fiver. Almost entirely the XLs, though.

Couple more bike items in Aldi this weekend, including (non-bib, I think) shorts with "Dolomiti" padding. And wireless bikeputers again, woo-woo! Was needing a new one of those.

i'm assuming dolomiti padding is good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

But what's the "right" ripeness for bananas, exactly? Preferences range from "slightly green", through "pure bright yellow" and "light black spots", all the way to "almost entirely black"!

Could be more controversial than lube discussions!

fresher(greener) bananas have a higher starch content, as they age,the starch gets converted to sugar. also, the starch is a resistsnt starch, which acts like a fibre.

so, as we're all healthy cyclists, there isn't really a debate, the right ripeness is greener the better

don;t ask me to fix the lube question as easily:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

fresher(greener) bananas have a higher starch content, as they age,the starch gets converted to sugar. also, the starch is a resistsnt starch, which acts like a fibre.

so, as we're all healthy cyclists, there isn't really a debate, the right ripeness is greener the better

If you're near bonking after 5 repeats of Howth including 1 PR, a black banana is your friend :) Green before you ride (slow release carbs).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And wireless bikeputers again, woo-woo! Was needing a new one of those.
    Is the Aldi bike computer any good? Seems very cheap!
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-28-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/wireless-bike-computer-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've one you can have for nada if you want it's sitting in the shed the last year or 2 never been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I've one you can have for nada if you want it's sitting in the shed the last year or 2 never been used.

Wife, banana or cycling computer?

Edit: Great minds and all that Colm.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

iwillhtfu wrote: »

A banana or a bike computer?

Wife, banana or cycling computer?

I do like my bananas and as for the other options one is free and I can assure you the other will bankrupt you.

So whichever you prefer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

mul37 wrote: »
    Kask Mojito Road Helmet in selection of colours and sizes €99.99 from alltricks.com

Seems a good price. I'd be very tempted. Note its also a tenner delivery on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Seems a good price. I'd be very tempted. Note its also a tenner delivery on top of that.

Recommended. I only bought one off the Germans for a then-bargain €130 a couple of weeks ago. They're a bit light on luxuries though (no bag, extra pads etc.)
    Still, nice lid

• Advertisement

I'd second the mojito very nice lid. I've the vertigo and I actually prefer the mojito but the vertigo was cheaper in the amnesty they had. Also it has a leather chin strap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement