Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I've one you can have for nada if you want it's sitting in the shed the last year or 2 never been used.
    If that was directed at me - many thanks for the offer!

TBH I'm probably kidding myself that I won't want something a bit higher spec that hooks up with Strava very soon. If I get a low-cost one I'll never get the green light to get a fancier one on the Household Black Ops budget. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Dades wrote: »

TBH I'm probably kidding myself that I won't want something a bit higher spec that hooks up with Strava very soon. If I get a low-cost one I'll never get the green light to get a fancier one on the Household Black Ops budget. :P

You won't be long about wanting to upgrade alright but if you want one of those bike computers fire me over you address and I'll pop it in the post when I dig it out. :)

Alternatively I know someone selling a barely used Garmin 200 for €65 + p&p *bargain alerts so I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

i'm assuming dolomiti padding is good

I have no idea. Never heard of it! I assume they'd like us to think so, though, hence why they make a point of mentioning it. Dolomiti would apparently like us to think so too...

Dunno, don't have one, and it's not on sale -- yet. Maybe they sold a similar one previously, I'm not sure.

I have a very similarly specced Lidl one (big spender, here) that was a very similar sort of price. Seems to be getting a bit flaky in its old age, and it's a bit scratched, hence my thought to replace it. (Whether the Aldi one is more or less flaky remains to be seen, of course.)

Obviously it's very basic compared to the GPS ones. The "calorie" and "fat burn" readings seem pretty useless -- must be utterly meaningless without any height or gradient data! On my Lidl one I 'include those out' of the normal configuration of displays it cycles though. But it does time, distance, and speed OK, and all the obvious permutations of those... what more does one need? Well, this side of something that does map data or Strava uploads...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Recommended. I only bought one off the Germans for a then-bargain €130 a couple of weeks ago. They're a bit light on luxuries though (no bag, extra pads etc.)
    Still, nice lid

Whoops my mouse slipped. Will be here on Monday. Damn you bargain alerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

mul37 wrote: »
    Kask Mojito Road Helmet in selection of colours and sizes €99.99 from alltricks.com

Tempted to pull the trigger on one of these. Have had my eye on a Kask lid for sometime now and seems like a very good price. Does anyone know if there is a crash replacement policy with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

coach22 wrote: »
    Tempted to pull the trigger on one of these. Have had my eye on a Kask lid for sometime now and seems like a very good price. Does anyone know if there is a crash replacement policy with this?

there is. tidy helmet. i have the 50nta, love it.

thekooman wrote: »
    there is. tidy helmet. i have the 50nta, love it.

Are you sure about that, I have only been able to find info on crash replacement if purchased in the UK or Ireland. Not from France. I have ordered anyway but would be nice to know.

Are you sure about that
    I am... cos im in touch with velobrands at the minute about it.
    http://velobrands.co.uk/sign-up

And did you purchase in the UK or Ireland?

EDIT: Without clogging up too much of this thread with crash replacement I was correct by the looks of it.

"To participate in the scheme you must have purchased your helmet within the last three years from one of our UK or Irish Retailers and be a resident in the UK or Ireland."

• Advertisement

And did you purchase in the UK or Ireland?

Ireland... prob best to move the crash replacement conversation to here: www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057450626

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Has anyone seen any deals on Ultegra Di2 upgrade kit? Best I've seen is on Bike24

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

SOR2010 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any deals on Ultegra Di2 upgrade kit? Best I've seen is on Bike24

It's €827 delivered from Ribble.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

It's €827 delivered from Ribble.

Thanks but currently out of stock, I think it might be because they have a 10% discount on at the minute, but that could be the cynic in me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

SOR2010 wrote: »
    Thanks but currently out of stock, I think it might be because they have a 10% discount on at the minute, but that could be the cynic in me :)

Usually doesn't apy to group sets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I just picked up a Crivit Heart Rate Monitor for €10 (50% off) in Lidl, Coolock.

Comes with a handbar bracket (I use one on one of my bikes, its great).

I can upload some photos if anyone wants to see it, but for €10 its well worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

I just got one there in Aldi (Rathmines).

For the price of 6 odd euro I think it's well worth it. Took me a while to set up and install (the sensor needs to be <2mm from the thingy on the spoke).

Also picked out some cycling shorts & gloves for less than 20euro. Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

Einstein? wrote: »
    I just got one there in Aldi (Rathmines).

For the price of 6 odd euro I think it's well worth it. Took me a while to set up and install (the sensor needs to be <2mm from the thingy on the spoke).

Also picked out some cycling shorts & gloves for less than 20euro. Bargain!

Those aldi things? I wouldn't call them a bargain, they're pure sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

comete wrote: »
    Those aldi things? I wouldn't call them a bargain, they're pure sh1te.

there are definitely better shorts out there but for the price the shorts are good value at least.. nothing wrong with the gloves either mate, worn em two seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

there are definitely better shorts out there but for the price the shorts are good value at least.. nothing wrong with the gloves either mate, worn em two seasons

I've gone as far as to look at a pair while I was in aldi, I think I'd rather ride bare arsed than wear those things

comete wrote: »
    I've gone as far as to look at a pair while I was in aldi, I think I'd rather ride bare arsed than wear those things

Also a valid choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Cycle Superstore Garmin 810 for 300quid
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Alanbt wrote: »

Bike-discount edge 810 bundle €340 on its own is €280.

Kask Mojito arrived today from All Tricks.

Was worried it was going to be too big having ordered a large but fits very nicely. Lovely leather strap as well.

True about the lack of extras though just the helmet and a cardboard box. Don't know what to expect though it is a helmet at the end of the day. Once it keeps me safe and cool enough Im happy.

Nice ratchet fitting system on the back and a secure feeling even without the strap closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Keep this in mind though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

810 inc all sensors mount and Europe maps on sd card for 288 from Rose.

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/garmin-edge-810-gps-bike-computer-bundle-premium-incl-map-city-navigator-europe/aid:787304

• Registered Users Posts: 21 radio323ci

clog wrote: »
    810 inc all sensors mount and Europe maps on sd card for 288 from Rose.

€288 + Vat + shipping = ~€360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

radio323ci wrote: »
    €288 + Vat + shipping = ~€360

No it was 288. Rose product of the day, price was clearly marked counting down for 24 hours until 11 o clock. It has now gone up to it's previous price.

On past experience it will probably be back down to the lower price in the next week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

Nice one Clog, ordered it after your post yesterday. €287.95 + €8.95 shipping= €296.90.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement