Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

€201 for the Virb bundle on wiggle,
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-virb-bike-bundle/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

nilhg wrote: »
    Today only, Garmin edge 500 129.95 in canyon's TDF sale

https://www.canyon.com/en/accessories/#category=specials&subcat=T073

Thanks, just bought one. Was looking for a deal on a Black/red one without bundle as I already have HR and cadence/speed sensors so no need for a bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

stecleary wrote: »
    €201 for the Virb bundle on wiggle,
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-virb-bike-bundle/

Just for comparison, Garmin Virb on Sports pursuit £89.99
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/604759

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Any good deals on kask vertigo or protone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

24 Hours Only: 31% off Canyon Bike Shuttle - just under €200 all in

http://news.canyon.com/go/l1l5ax0n/68ecwj0s/255

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

24 Hours Only: 31% off Canyon Bike Shuttle - just under €200 all in

http://news.canyon.com/go/l1l5ax0n/68ecwj0s/255
    Sold out! That's about what I gave for a secondhand one on here...

Are these daily deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

johnk123 wrote: »
    Sold out! That's about what I gave for a secondhand one on here...

Are these daily deals?

New deal every day during the tour (including rest days!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Anyone ordered from McConvey Cycles before?

They have a great offer on the S works evade helmet here

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

flying11 wrote: »

there are better aero helmets
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/best-aero-road-helmets-tunnel-and-road-tested-44719/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Any good deals on garmin 510 or 810 atm?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Borderfox wrote: »
    Any good deals on garmin 510 or 810 atm?

There was one on sale on the for sale section earlier in the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

flying11 wrote: »

Yes and no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Anyone looking for a cheap heart rate chest strap: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2417237.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Garmin Edge 200 is 90e on Halfords website.

Plus if you spend 100e you get 10e off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

jamesd wrote: »

Any clues as to what the price is? Quite literally cannot see one on that link without being spammed by popups insisting on an email signup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Any clues as to what the price is? Quite literally cannot see one on that link without being spammed by popups insisting on an email signup.

€108.66

EDIT: sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

nilhg wrote: »
    €108.66

EDIT: sold out

Thanks. Two excellent reasons not to bother signing up for their site. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Totally agree. Possibly the most annoying website I've ever seen. In the future if you do ever want to have a look at the website without getting spammed a temporary email address may help.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

they are/were the aero race version with the Progetto pad. way better than the normal kiss they have on the lower end models. was a really good price for them considering they are 160+ in most places and definitely in B&M shops in ireland.

however, i see wiggle have them on sale for slightly more.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Totally agree. Possibly the most annoying website I've ever seen. In the future if you do ever want to have a look at the website without getting spammed a temporary email address may help.

it's not that bad. you get one daily email with their deals, which are usually higher end sports gear. it's less than you get from amazon and sites like sportsdirect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

mossym wrote: »
    it's not that bad. you get one daily email with their deals, which are usually higher end sports gear. it's less than you get from amazon and sites like sportsdirect

Agreed. Worth it for the deals I've gotten.. I'm usually a medium size in most things, hence the fastest to sell out so the email reminded is handy if something catches my eye.

They have a fairly consistent stream of Lezyne lights every now and again and I've picked up a few of those. You just have to watch the shipping though as if it's only one thing you're buying it can push it up to the same price as CRC/Wiggle etc who have faster and free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

BobCobb wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 200 is 90e on Halfords website.

Plus if you spend 100e you get 10e off.

plus an extra 10 % off if you have an axa card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I don't get any spam emails from Amazon or Sportsdirect...

The emails may not be that bad but preventing me from viewing your website unless I sign up is annoying and comes across as a bit dodgy.

If anyone is interested all4cycling.com has €10 off if you spend €99 - tDF11 or €20 off if you spend €199 - tDF22

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I don't get any spam emails from Amazon or Sportsdirect...

The emails may not be that bad but preventing me from viewing your website unless I sign up is annoying and comes across as a bit dodgy.

you're more diligent about your email preferences than i am so..:)

having to sign up before seeing the deals has been the norm at every group buy site i have seen. no diffferent at sportpursuit, which is a group buy site and not a regular order from stock store.

the only difference between it and other group buy sites is it tends to have the higher end stuff at decent discounts, rather than jsut selling cheap muck like the other sites.

the cost of getting the discounts on the decent gear is, as you say, having to sign up first. up to everyone whether that is acceptable i guess.

Given they only have stock for 7 days, the daily email is easier than having to visit the site regularily

you're more diligent about your email preferences than i am so..:)

having to sign up before seeing the deals has been the norm at every group buy site i have seen. no diffferent at sportpursuit, which is a group buy site and not a regular order from stock store.

the only difference between it and other group buy sites is it tends to have the higher end stuff at decent discounts, rather than jsut selling cheap muck like the other sites.

the cost of getting the discounts on the decent gear is, as you say, having to sign up first. up to everyone whether that is acceptable i guess.

Given they only have stock for 7 days, the daily email is easier than having to visit the site regularily

Also re the sportpursuit - read their returns&refunds conditions as they might differ comparing to regular shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joehayes999

mp31 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a cheap heart rate chest strap:

Just a comment. I have no idea about the Argos one but I bought cheap straps in Aldi (bluetooth) and Lidl (watch) and they proved difficult to get a proper signal off. I have used Polar in a gym with 100% success. False economy maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement