Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

nilhg wrote: »
    Bit of a leap of faith in this one but will throw it out there anyway.

Galibier are introducing their new Mistral jacket,

http://galibier.cc/product/mistral-foul-weather-jacket-3/

List price will be 75 sterling but they have an introductory offer till the 31st to past customers of 23.32 sterling off with the code

mistral protect july

I have one of their Tourmalet rain capes, find it a great bit of kit so will probably jump on this offer, up to others what they want to do.

Looks like a good jacket. Do you know how the Galibier jackets fit? Regular or "Italian"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭nilhg

Only the rain cape to go on but I'd say more like regular, they're based up north somewhere, so UK/Ireland would be home market for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭jamesd

List price will be 75 sterling but they have an introductory offer till the 31st to past customers of 23.32 sterling off with the code

mistral protect july

I have one of their Tourmalet rain capes, find it a great bit of kit so will probably jump on this offer, up to others what they want to do.

Ordered - not sure why I did but ordered.

jamesd wrote: »
    Ordered - not sure why I did but ordered.

Look outside..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭mosstin

Look outside..........

Jesus, if their delivery is that fast I might get one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

what way is Galibier sizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Normal fitting I would say. Not like Italian where you have to go a size up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

macadam wrote: »
    The Bike Station stock a full range of Galibier clothing Lenny.
    https://www.facebook.com/thebikestation

Must spin up and have a look

I changed that link it didnt work..

• Advertisement

macadam wrote: »
    I changed that link it didnt work..

Will I make it through Dundalk alive if wearing drogheda kit..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

are they still offering money off that glibber jacket? I added it to the cart and there was no discount-thanks!

are they still offering money off that glibber jacket? I added it to the cart and there was no discount-thanks!

You need to add the code from the op

Did you put in the code,

mistral protect july

You have to view your cart and add the code there, then click the apply button.

lennymc wrote: »
    Will I make it through Dundalk alive if wearing drogheda kit..... :)
    Wheelers, Yes.
    United, NO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Did you put in the code,

mistral protect july

You have to view your cart and add the code there, then click the apply button.

Thanks-only thing I got to do now is figure out sizing-I'm 5ft 8, and athletic build, would I be best to get the medium so I can wear a base layer?

Thanks-only thing I got to do now is figure out sizing-I'm 5ft 8, and athletic build, would I be best to get the medium so I can wear a base layer?

For what it's worth I'm just over 6ft, 86kg and I'm going for the large, the tourmalet rain cape I have is xl which is grand as a waterproof layer over a winter jacket but a bit flappy over a summer jersey for me.

Drop them an email and they'll advise you fairly quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Ordered one as I suffered in yesterday's "summer" weather doing 130kms. Knowing my luck, we'll probably get a heatwave now that I've ordered this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

clog wrote: »

Ooo, Triban do 2XLs! Did not know that. UK delivery only, taking a bath on the exchange rate, and no cashflow to speak of right now...

... but not ruling it out entirely, all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Domane wrote: »
    Ordered one as I suffered in yesterday's "summer" weather doing 130kms. Knowing my luck, we'll probably get a heatwave now that I've ordered this!
    I'm hoping your cosmic ironic bad luck is a better guide to that than the 10-day weather forecast, which doesn't look any better than "a couple of glimpses of sun, if we're lucky"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,619 ✭✭✭✭ted1

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Ooo, Triban do 2XLs! Did not know that. UK delivery only, taking a bath on the exchange rate, and no cashflow to speak of right now...

... but not ruling it out entirely, all the same.

They deliver to Ireland. just contact the Belfast store.

Contacted Galibier last night via their website and they got back to me before 6am!! Anyway, they reckon an xl will do for me but there is no problem exchanging it. Going to order the mistral jacket and some gloves.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Cheers nilhg, just ordered one in small. Will possibly still be too big for me (damn this quintana-esque build) so may be in the adverts section soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Another victim of Galibier here - Mistral + Tourmalet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

On the mistral jacket, is it a winter jacket? What sort of temps is it aimed at?

The Gabba has always been in my eye, but I reckon it is not warm enough for the winter rides.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Leroy42 wrote: »
    On the mistral jacket, is it a winter jacket? What sort of temps is it aimed at?

The Gabba has always been in my eye, but I reckon it is not warm enough for the winter rides.

From my experience the gabba wont keep you warm in the winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Today only, Garmin edge 500 129.95 in canyon's TDF sale

https://www.canyon.com/en/accessories/#category=specials&subcat=T073

Ordered this on the day of the sale. It's yet to be shipped. Has anyone received theirs yet?

I was hoping to have it for the Ride London on Sunday (I'm currently living in London). And I was hopeful when the order confirmation page said it would take 3-4 days to receive. But that doesn't look at all likely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

mistral protect july

took the gamble on one of these myself
    id been eying up a gabba for a while but this looks just as good maybe even warmer for winter for a fraction of the price
    cheers nilhg id never heard of Galibier before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

jober wrote: »
    took the gamble on one of these myself
    id been eying up a gabba for a while but this looks just as good maybe even warmer for winter for a fraction of the price
    cheers nilhg id never heard of Galibier before

Think I'm going to do the same myself. Been eyeing up the Gabba for a while but as said above this, according to the blurb, appears to be slightly warmer and for much less.

Never used the brand before but at that price if its as good as they claim they it really is a bargain.

Is it only just released, as I can't find any reviews on the interweb thingy about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement