Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

clog wrote: »

Ooo, Triban do 2XLs! Did not know that. UK delivery only, taking a bath on the exchange rate, and no cashflow to speak of right now...

... but not ruling it out entirely, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Domane wrote: »
    Ordered one as I suffered in yesterday's "summer" weather doing 130kms. Knowing my luck, we'll probably get a heatwave now that I've ordered this!
    I'm hoping your cosmic ironic bad luck is a better guide to that than the 10-day weather forecast, which doesn't look any better than "a couple of glimpses of sun, if we're lucky"!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Ooo, Triban do 2XLs! Did not know that. UK delivery only, taking a bath on the exchange rate, and no cashflow to speak of right now...

... but not ruling it out entirely, all the same.

They deliver to Ireland. just contact the Belfast store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Contacted Galibier last night via their website and they got back to me before 6am!! Anyway, they reckon an xl will do for me but there is no problem exchanging it. Going to order the mistral jacket and some gloves.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

nilhg wrote: »

Cheers nilhg, just ordered one in small. Will possibly still be too big for me (damn this quintana-esque build) so may be in the adverts section soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Another victim of Galibier here - Mistral + Tourmalet...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

On the mistral jacket, is it a winter jacket? What sort of temps is it aimed at?

The Gabba has always been in my eye, but I reckon it is not warm enough for the winter rides.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Leroy42 wrote: »
    On the mistral jacket, is it a winter jacket? What sort of temps is it aimed at?

The Gabba has always been in my eye, but I reckon it is not warm enough for the winter rides.

From my experience the gabba wont keep you warm in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Today only, Garmin edge 500 129.95 in canyon's TDF sale

https://www.canyon.com/en/accessories/#category=specials&subcat=T073

Ordered this on the day of the sale. It's yet to be shipped. Has anyone received theirs yet?

I was hoping to have it for the Ride London on Sunday (I'm currently living in London). And I was hopeful when the order confirmation page said it would take 3-4 days to receive. But that doesn't look at all likely now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Bit of a leap of faith in this one but will throw it out there anyway.

Galibier are introducing their new Mistral jacket,

http://galibier.cc/product/mistral-foul-weather-jacket-3/

List price will be 75 sterling but they have an introductory offer till the 31st to past customers of 23.32 sterling off with the code

mistral protect july

I have one of their Tourmalet rain capes, find it a great bit of kit so will probably jump on this offer, up to others what they want to do.

took the gamble on one of these myself
    id been eying up a gabba for a while but this looks just as good maybe even warmer for winter for a fraction of the price
    cheers nilhg id never heard of Galibier before

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

jober wrote: »
    id been eying up a gabba for a while but this looks just as good maybe even warmer for winter for a fraction of the price

Think I'm going to do the same myself. Been eyeing up the Gabba for a while but as said above this, according to the blurb, appears to be slightly warmer and for much less.

Never used the brand before but at that price if its as good as they claim they it really is a bargain.

Is it only just released, as I can't find any reviews on the interweb thingy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

jober wrote: »
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to do the same myself. Been eyeing up the Gabba for a while but as said above this, according to the blurb, appears to be slightly warmer and for much less.

Never used the brand before but at that price if its as good as they claim they it really is a bargain.

Is it only just released, as I can't find any reviews on the interweb thingy about it.

In the same boat as you guys so if it doesn't turn out to be as good as the Gabba (and I don't have a Gabba so nothing to compare) don't shoot the messenger.

Unfortunately it seems we won't have to wait long for weather to test it out.

And to the Galibier folk reading this you can send the freebees to the same address as my Mistral:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

gaffmaster wrote: »
    Ordered this on the day of the sale. It's yet to be shipped. Has anyone received theirs yet?

I was hoping to have it for the Ride London on Sunday (I'm currently living in London). And I was hopeful when the order confirmation page said it would take 3-4 days to receive. But that doesn't look at all likely now.

I ordered one too. I got an email two days ago, 27th saying that order was being 'assembled' and would be shipped within 48hrs, haven't received anything further.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

I ordered one too. I got an email two days ago, 27th saying that order was being 'assembled' and would be shipped within 48hrs, haven't received anything further.

Email yesterday from them saying it's being shipped in next 48hours. You wouldn't wanna be stuck for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

padjo5 wrote: »
    You wouldn't wanna be stuck for one!
    I wouldn't order online if I was!

In the same boat as you guys so if it doesn't turn out to be as good as the Gabba (and I don't have a Gabba so nothing to compare) don't shoot the messenger.

Unfortunately it seems we won't have to wait long for weather to test it out.

And to the Galibier folk reading this you can send the freebees to the same address as my Mistral:)

My Mistral arrived this morning, first impressions are quite positive but I'll reserve judgement till I use it in the conditions it was bought for.

Tried the old arm under the tap test, the way it beads off water is impressive, whether that lasts for hours in the rain is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

My Mistral arrived this morning, first impressions are quite positive but I'll reserve judgement till I use it in the conditions it was bought for.

Tried the old arm under the tap test, the way it beads off water is impressive, whether that lasts for hours in the rain is the question.

How is the fit?

mathie wrote: »
    How is the fit?

Only tried it on over a tshirt as I went out but the large is probably not as snug as I thought, plenty of room for a heavy baselayer and/or jersey under there, it's a proper large UK size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Nilhg, what size chest are you? Gonna jump on this but prefer a snug jacket with an under armour top underneath. Hate flappy tops in the wind and rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

My jacket arrived this morning also - went for the XL. I'm 6' 3", 38" chest. Perfect fit. Not at all flappy. Looks a lovely bit of gear. Seams aren't internally taped. Lovingly packed in a swish Galibier bag.

Nilhg, what size chest are you? Gonna jump on this but prefer a snug jacket with an under armour top underneath. Hate flappy tops in the wind and rain.

Roughly 41in chest, I wouldn't say the large on me will be flappy just not quite as snug as some of the other large fitting gear I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

So ... XL on a 38 inch chest is perfect
    L on a 41 inch chest not very snug

Even more confused now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

I got the large and it's too small on me. I'm 5ft 11, 44in chest, 35in waist and it's too tight in the chest and especially the neck. Pity as it seems well made but I'm getting very wary of buying cycling clothes over the net as there is no such thing as standardised sizes in cycling clothes. Large from one manufacturer could be a medium size from another or extra large from the next guy.

I'm going to return mine today unless someone ordered an extra large and wants to swap for an unused large?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Anyone know if there are any padded shorts in Aldi / Lidl at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Looking forward to my delivery of the Mistral-thanks op-how long is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

@domane - I ordered an xl for a 42 inch chest (based on galibier recomendation) - Its turned up at home for me today, so I will try it on later and maybe swap with you next week sometime? Where are you based? I am in Dublin/Louth

@billyharpat i ordered mine about 2 days ago (Iirc) and it turned up today

Mine just arrived, I'm 5ft 8 and the medium is the perfect fit, thought it was two snug when I was pulling it on, but when zipped up it's not restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Mine just arrived, I'm 5ft 8 and the medium is the perfect fit, thought it was two snug when I was pulling it on, but when zipped up it's not restrictive.
    What is your weight and chest size and which jacket is that, if you do not mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    What is your weight and chest size and which jacket is that, if you do not mind me asking?

I weigh 10 stone, waist 32, I bought the medium, Chest 36….. and that is the glibber Mistral-I've gotten loads of comments on it and I only put it on instagram 30 minutes ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement