Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

does it fit instagram? Im going to put mine on me :p (it's Friday!!)
    Another parcel at home for me - woohoo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Woo - my mistral arrived, in a very classy bag :-P Feels like a quality bit of kit.
    Got a small and it fits grand, I'm 5'9, chest 34-35 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Just received my Garmin 500 from Canyon; 14 days after I ordered it.

It's the wrong colour. Item description was for a the Black and Red one. Mine is the Silver and Black one. Don't think I'd use Canyon again in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

colm18 wrote: »
    Woo - my mistral arrived, in a very classy bag :-P Feels like a quality bit of kit.
    Got a small and it fits grand, I'm 5'9, chest 34-35 or so.

Just wondering about the cut of this jacket - is it supposed to be much shorter infront ? I mean much shorter than the back side ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

omri wrote: »
    Just wondering about the cut of this jacket - is it supposed to be much shorter infront ? I mean much shorter than the back side ?

Yeah, I read somewhere this fit makes more sense when you're atually on the bike - so there's no bunching.

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    Yeah, I read somewhere this fit makes more sense when you're atually on the bike - so there's no bunching.

So if its barely covering my bellybutton but everywhere else fits fine does it mean its too short or do I have to get rid of the beer belly... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

omri wrote: »

Seems to be that way. Mine fits lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

dotzciaran wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but just wondering if anyone has a chain reaction voucher that they are not going to use as I have my eye on a few bits there and would like to make a saving if I could..
    Its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Got my mistral yesterday, thanks Nilhg.
    I'm 5'10 and 11stone and a bit, 38 inch chest. Got the medium and it fits nice and snug. Marginally long in the arms, but maybe mine are short. Would probably bd ok on slightly taller slim build. I like that the rear extends down toward my bum when in the bike - my current winter jacket doesn't an it was always a minor gripe about an otherwise good jacket.
    Would have liked a brighter colour though - not so sure about wearing black on murky winter days.
    But overall seems a good bit of kit for the dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

I went xl , fits perfect. In Castelli I am xl, velorevolution kit I am xxl, spin 11 kit I am xl. Chest 40.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

lennymc wrote: »
    @domane - I ordered an xl for a 42 inch chest (based on galibier recomendation) - Its turned up at home for me today, so I will try it on later and maybe swap with you next week sometime? Where are you based? I am in Dublin/Louth

@billyharpat i ordered mine about 2 days ago (Iirc) and it turned up today

Hi

I contacted the company and they recommended the XXL size for my 44in chest. I've returned the large to them for the exchange. Thanks for the offer. Hope yours fits better than mine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

gaffmaster wrote: »

It's the wrong colour. Item description was for a the Black and Red one. Mine is the Silver and Black one. Don't think I'd use Canyon again in a hurry.

Mine arrived today also, delivered to my mums address so I havent got it yet, will be really disappointed if its the silver/black one and It'll be going straight back!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Mine arrived today also, delivered to my mums address so I havent got it yet, will be really disappointed if its the silver/black one and It'll be going straight back!

Same here, but despite it being different to advertised and contrary to Eamonnator's views, I reckon the silver/black is the best of them!

padjo5 wrote: »
    Same here, but despite it being different to advertised and contrary to Eamonnator's views, I reckon the silver/black is the best of them!

It glitters in the sun - this attracts single women...good investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

gaffmaster wrote: »

Did you contact them about it? I was reading their returns policy and it seems I will be liable for the cost of return postage (as its under €40) but I will be arguing that they blatantly misrepresented the product being sold and they should reimburse me the postage cost as I ordered a black/red one as that was the only colour unit being displayed on their page at the time and not the neutral silver/black one. I'm disgusted (even though I havent opened mine yet but I just know its the silver (ugly) model) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Did you contact them about it? I was reading their returns policy and it seems I will be liable for the cost of return postage (as its under €40) but I will be arguing that they blatantly misrepresented the product being sold and they should reimburse me the postage cost as I ordered a black/red one as that was the only colour unit being displayed on their page at the time and not the neutral silver/black one. I'm disgusted (even though I havent opened mine yet but I just know its the silver (ugly) model) :mad:

Yeah - it's not what you/I ordered. I know it's only a colour, but I've been neglecting to buy a silver one for ages in favour of the black and red one (which would match my bike well). I'm fairly annoyed too.

Domane wrote: »
    Hi

I contacted the company and they recommended the XXL size for my 44in chest. I've returned the large to them for the exchange. Thanks for the offer. Hope yours fits better than mine

The xl is too big for me. I do like a tight fit tho. Will be sending it back for a L.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

lennymc wrote: »
    The xl is too big for me. I do like a tight fit tho. Will be sending it back for a L.

Would it fit me, do you think?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Would it fit me, do you think?

Maybe. Pop round this evening if you want to try it but give me a shout first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Anyone know if there are any padded shorts in Aldi / Lidl at the moment ?

Aldi had padded bib shorts in recently, and my local store has several left in their reduced bin (though not massively discounted currently). You might need to look around depending on what size you're looking for.

Lidl also had them in recently, but haven't been in there to check if they still have stock. Typically Lidl specials seem to disappear a bit more quickly, I find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.marreybikes.com/special-offers/5235-etixx-quick-step-world-champ-ss-jersey-2015.html?utm_content=buffer00b3d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Very nice black world champs jersey, 55 euro with free delivery. Ordinarily I wouldn't wear a world champs jersey, but that's gorgeous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any tyre bargains going lads?
    Currently use 23c but would definitely like to go 25 or even 28 if advisable? Sportive leisure rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

http://www.marreybikes.com/special-offers/5235-etixx-quick-step-world-champ-ss-jersey-2015.html?utm_content=buffer00b3d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Very nice black world champs jersey, 55 euro with free delivery. Ordinarily I wouldn't wear a world champs jersey, but that's gorgeous.

What's the Vermac sizing like?

dexty wrote: »
    What's the Vermac sizing like?

Small to average according to Eamon Marrey himself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

delynet wrote: »

Thanks mate, was thinking about continental Gp4000s but they are expensive, how to those gatorskins compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks mate, was thinking about continental Gp4000s but they are expensive, how to those gatorskins compare?

They're not great in the wet.

Dcully wrote: »

Top quality puncture protection, very bad road feel and skittish in the wet. Rubber compound is very very hard, sidewalls are not very malleable at all. That's the cost of such good puncture protection. Also notoriously difficult to take on/off in the event of a puncture. I have them myself, would not buy them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

@Dcully
    These aren't bad. Got them for spare wheels. I've been out on them a few times in both wet and dry and I've no issues with them at all.
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/tyresclincher/vittoria-rubion-pro-iii-folding-clincher-tyres.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Top quality puncture protection, very bad road feel and skittish in the wet. Rubber compound is very very hard, sidewalls are not very malleable at all. That's the cost of such good puncture protection. Also notoriously difficult to take on/off in the event of a puncture. I have them myself, would not buy them again.

I'd agree with all of that. I've the non folding type and they are a bitch to get on/off.

They give no confidence whatsoever in the wet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement