Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

topcat77 wrote: »

any one have idea how northwave fit? currently have spiuk shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

i find this very handy. sorry no spiuk on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

manafana wrote: »

If find there is plenty of volume to them. Not that it's a wide shoe, I had to buy insoles to fill the space and get a snug fit

stecleary wrote: »
    If find there is plenty of volume to them. Not that it's a wide shoe, I had to buy insoles to fill the space and get a snug fit

i have quiet wide foot but think I will go down a size from what i have, size chart still handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

CycleSuperStore Deal;
    Set of 2 Schwalbe One 700x23c V-Guard Road Tyres + Tubes
    €60 + free delivery
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp
    csd102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

jinkypolly wrote: »
    CycleSuperStore Deal;
    Set of 2 Schwalbe One 700x23c V-Guard Road Tyres + Tubes
    €60 + free delivery
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp
    csd102.jpg

Are these any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

One of the best.

topcat77 wrote: »
    i find this very handy. sorry no spiuk on the list

great size chart thanks, found thread that said spiuk size like sidi and mavic so went from there

Alek wrote: »
    One of the best.

It says maximum load 70kg I gather 100kg load between the 2 of these if fine?

• Advertisement

This is per tyre, so 100kg will be fine.

If you weight >110kg together with the bike, I'd recommend at least 25mm tyres though.

This is per tyre, so 100kg will be fine.

If you weight >110kg together with the bike, I'd recommend at least 25mm tyres though.

I'd be around 110kg with the bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Holland and Barret in Blackrock shopping centre are doing their flapjacks for .50 cent if anyone's into that kind of thing. They're going out of date between September and December, but they won't last that long with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

manafana wrote: »

I don't know, if this is any help to you, but I have Sidi shoes, size 46, which are pretty much identical to Northwave shoes, size 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭makker

omri wrote: »
    Are these any good ?

I had these a couple of months ago, they felt really nice, rolled really well!

However on the second outing i got a blowout on the rear, the tyre actually blew off the rim and tube was fully ripped right through. my rims were also damaged after as because the tyre blew off the wheel i was momentarily cyling on the rims. Luckily i was going up hill at the time about to crest. And i did have the tyres on correctly.

Also when Pinot crashed on the descent in the Tdf coming down the mountain i think the commentator made reference to the dodgy new Schwalbe tyres the team were using

I'd be around 110kg with the bike.

I think that you may have increased chance of pinching the tube in 23mm tyres even on recommended max pressure. 25 or even 28mm would be more suitable IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I think that you may have increased chance of pinching the tube in 23mm tyres even on recommended max pressure. 25 or even 28mm would be more suitable IMHO.

I am as you know around this weight and am problem free on 23mm Rubinos

Never weighted you RS, but if you say its ok, I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

makker wrote: »
    Also when Pinot crashed on the descent in the Tdf coming down the mountain i think the commentator made reference to the dodgy new Schwalbe tyres the team were using

With ref to that crash, his pedal hit the ground which seem to cause that.
    Saw it the following day on the LeMond feature thing they were doing prior to live feed coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Hi all.
    Tesco in Naas had a few bike racks for carrying up to 3 bikes. they fit hatchbacks, saloons and 4x4. Clearing for €2!!
    picked one up myself.
    they also have a few roof racks for carrying bikes on the roof, around the same price.
    Might be of use to someone..they are down a few aisles on the right hand side towards the dvd section

heres a link to what it looks like http://www.tesco.com/direct/streetwize-cycle-carrier-3-bike/211-0131.prd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

omri wrote: »
    Are these any good ?

Have been using Schwalbe Ultremo ZX for a few years now. Gret tyre, Use the 1s in tubeless form for racing at the moment. Roll nicely and grip well.

However, many have been complaining about sidewall issues for awhile with Schwalbe's higher end tyres. I have not experienced this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

When I started cycling again I was 113kg and my bike was another 10 or 11.

I was using 23mm Rubinos at higher end of the range printed on the tire and I got a total of 1 puncture in a year and a bit on those tires (not the same set, obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

In case anyone has missed this, wiggle have the Castelli Free Aero Race bibs at 116eur. Not quite the 107eur they had a few weeks back but still better than anywhere else I've seen.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-free-aero-race-bib-shorts/

Just checked Jan Heine-based calculator: for 100kg cyclist and 10kg bike, you need to run 23mm tyres at 150/120psi to achieve 15% tyre drop, which is usually softer than most people would like.

Any 23mm tyres allowing such pressures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

local euroshop has bike cleaner (copy of muckoff) for 1.50.....in saying that itll probably melt my bike so perhaps not much of a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Cycle Super stoe in Tallaght have these http://zootsports.com/mens/accessories/ultra-icefill-arm-coolers-s13

For 9.95 or close to that, reduced from 29.95. Lots of M and S left, not so much L

They use witchcraft, as far as I can tell, to keep your arms cool and protected from the sun.

Used a pair that I bought this afternoon as I couldn't be assed using sun block and tbh... they are are lovely.

As soon as you put them on... it's like someone blowing a cool breeze onto your arms. You'd have to try them to understand.

As I said... witchcraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    local euroshop has bike cleaner (copy of muckoff) for 1.50.....in saying that itll probably melt my bike so perhaps not much of a bargain

Deal?

"No more dirty bike" is good kit.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BN214PSJSB/pannello-summer-jersey--shorts-bundle

Planet X are having a sale atm, some bargins to be got, I bought the above package which includes

1x Bib shorts
    1x jersey full zipper
    1x cotton cap
    1x pair sunglasses
    1x water bottle hig five
    1x tube of energy drink tabs

All planet x own brand but for €60 delivered with DHL not bad, I intend to use on wet and damp mucky roads this autumn save the good gear.

oconnpad wrote: »
    With ref to that crash, his pedal hit the ground which seem to cause that.
    Saw it the following day on the LeMond feature thing they were doing prior to live feed coming on.

wasn't it sky who had issues and they switched to contis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

kildare75 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Tesco in Naas had a few bike racks for carrying up to 3 bikes. they fit hatchbacks, saloons and 4x4. Clearing for €2!!
    picked one up myself.
    they also have a few roof racks for carrying bikes on the roof, around the same price.
    Might be of use to someone..they are down a few aisles on the right hand side towards the dvd section

heres a link to what it looks like http://www.tesco.com/direct/streetwize-cycle-carrier-3-bike/211-0131.prd

€2?? Really?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement