Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

If anyone gets the rack above, can you please take one for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Have been looking at the Garmin Edge 510, guessing it's end of line stock with the 520 on the way. Good price with the bundle

Garmin Edge 510 with 2nd bike bundle online with Cycle Surgery £230/€324

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Have been looking at the Garmin Edge 510, guessing it's end of line stock with the 520 on the way. Good price with the bundle

Garmin Edge 510 with 2nd bike bundle online with Cycle Surgery £230/€324

For similar money you can get the 810 performance bundle from Handtec, which include cadence, hrm, up front mount and bar mount. Got this setup a couple of months ago, and love it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

smacl wrote: »
    For similar money you can get the 810 performance bundle from Handtec, which include cadence, hrm, up front mount and bar mount. Got this setup a couple of months ago, and love it.

Page isnt loading but is the ex vat price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

godtabh wrote: »
    Page isnt loading but is the ex vat price?
    £245.76 incl VAT according to the website. I didnt check delivery or if they add Irish VAT as opposed to UK VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Kavrocks wrote: »
    £245.76 incl VAT according to the website. I didnt check delivery or if they add Irish VAT as opposed to UK VAT.

I've gone to order a few things from them and then vat got added which doenst make it cheap any longer. If its the incl vat price not bad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

godtabh wrote: »
    Page isn't loading but is the ex vat price?

£204 ex VAT, £245 inc VAT, I'm VAT registered and working in this area which helped some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

smacl wrote: »
    I know, just this price might suit if you want 2 sets of sensors/mounts (or want to sell on to offset the overall cost)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Looking for 2 different pairs of lights at the moment.

One set is for city cycling where front illumination of the road is not of huge importance.

The other set is for rural pitch black roads.

Any recommendations would be welcome, money is a bit tight too so the cheaper the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

Red King wrote: »
    Looking for 2 different pairs of lights at the moment.

One set is for city cycling where front illumination of the road is not of huge importance.

The other set is for rural pitch black roads.

Any recommendations would be welcome, money is a bit tight too so the cheaper the better.

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

thejaguar wrote: »
    €2?? Really?

Yes I bought one myself. Called in this morning on way home from work and they are still there. Good few roof mounted versions and 2 for the rear boot. Think they were at €5 now. But 100% I got it for €2.
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

http://www.decathlon.ie/ do free delivery on all orders over €150, just thought I'd let you lot know.

I was putting togther an order of some bike and camping gear for touring and was surprised that the delivery was free as I thought it was going to be €8.90 but then found the bit on the site that says all deliveries of over €150 are free.

Could come in handy once they replenish their bike range in the next few months for lads looking for cheap winter bikes or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I noticed today that Aldi have reduced the price of the Bluetooth HRM straps they had by 50% so now only 14.99. (in Arklow store anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    There seems to be big reductions on planet x at the min.

Picked up a set of these panniers and a few other bits

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FSMI5000R/minoura-5000r-alloy-rear-pannier-rack

Thanks for this info. Mine arrived earlier this week. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

Any bargains on wheels out there at the minute?

Nothing special, just a cheap, disposable, yet reliable set for commuting, and another set for cyclocross racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

comete wrote: »
    Any bargains on wheels out there at the minute?

Nothing special, just a cheap, disposable, yet reliable set for commuting, and another set for cyclocross racing.

Bought a set of these last year, think I bought them from Jedi or Evans for €80. Bit heavy but are cheap, reliable, durable......done!
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/shimano-r501-road-wheelset/rp-prod121540

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

79 euro From Rose + 8.95 p&p but if you register with them you get 10 euro off first order

http://www.rosebikes.com/products/bike-components/wheels/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

clog wrote: »
    79 euro From Rose + 8.95 p&p but if you register with them you get 10 euro off first order

http://www.rosebikes.com/products/bike-components/wheels/

at the prices of the bog wheels it really isnt worth the money to have them fully serviced just get new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Alek wrote: »
    If anyone gets the rack above, can you please take one for me?

+1! Wow can't believe it's 2e. I defo want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Lidl arfe doing cycling stuff again this monday, including 20 Fruit flavoured gels for €9.99, and 20 high 5 Zero drink tablets for €3.99

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=572

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Lidl are doing cycling stuff again this monday, including 20 Fruit flavoured gels for €9.99, and 20 high 5 Zero drink tablets for €3.99

Repeat myself, don't I? Don't know how I managed it

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Lidl are doing cycling stuff again this monday, including 20 Fruit flavoured gels for €9.99, and 20 high 5 Zero drink tablets for €3.99

Repeat myself, don't I? Don't know how I managed it

CRC are doing the tablets at the same price with more of a flavour choice than just citrus

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/high5-zero-electrolyte-drink-tablets/rp-prod42650

Free delivery over €9 orders

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

any good offers on shoes at the moment?

nialljf wrote: »

there was a good offer few pages back on canyon bought myself, they can be bit slow so don't buy if in a rush

topcat77 wrote: »

there you go some great deals from what i go, my northwave with delivery was still 10-20euro cheaper than anywhere id seen on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Bike shoes are definitely one of the things you should buy (IMHO) in your local shop. Yes, it will be more expensive, but your feet will thank you for it in the long run - you are likely to have them for 2-4 years after all. The difference in fitting can be fairly extreme between brands and even models within the same brand, so your chance of getting a perfect fit when you buy online and 'blind' is actually pretty low.
    The one exception might be if you are buying a replacement pair in the same brand/model.

(I have no affiliation to any shop, by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

good point. i've been having trouble with shoes in general, so trying them on first would be preferable. what should i look for in the fit of the shoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Anyone seen any good discounts on 2015 road bikes yet or am I a bit early for discounts?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

good point. i've been having trouble with shoes in general, so trying them on first would be preferable. what should i look for in the fit of the shoe?

MOD VOICE: Please stay on topic, this thread is for bargain alerts only, please start another thread in regards shoe fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Donie75 wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good discounts on 2015 road bikes yet or am I a bit early for discounts?

What are you looking for?

Bikelineshop.de have an ultegra TCR advanced for 1500 for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement