Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bren_s wrote: »
    Looking for good winter gloves? Cycle surgery have the Castelli Diluvio Neoprene reduced. £24.49 with the red castelli logo and £23.99 without logo (separate listings). Use parcel motel for free uk delivery.

ordered a pair. Will match my over shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Thud wrote:
    they any good? the orange pair remind me of these:

Yeah I love them didn't think they would be any use because they are so cheap. Rode with them. All last winter leaving the house at 6am. Even in.the rain they were great

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

stecleary wrote: »
    Yeah I love them didn't think they would be any use because they are so cheap. Rode with them. All last winter leaving the house at 6am. Even in.the rain they were great

You were never out of bed at 6am, only time was when you were coming home from the night before :)

greenmat wrote: »
    You were never out of bed at 6am, only time was when you were coming home from the night before :)

we don't all have jobs where they supply a bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

stecleary wrote: »
    are they off a Chinese site we shall not mention?
    If so they look sh!t, far too bulky looking!

these are amazing, even when they get wet they keep your hands warm.
    http://defeet.com/pc_combined_results.asp?pc_id=ACCD9AEA314D46F7AC579BBF27352E41

They are for proper winter. Not your Autumn wuss stuff, when you don't know what to wear.

Kind of the same as the Lidl/Aldi ones. They are not as thick as they look and changing gears is quite feelative.

I just made that word up. I think.

"Feelative"

I'll have that in the Oxford dictionary by 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Hi all. May I ask how long they took to deliver?
    Ordered last Wednesday haven't heard anything since.
    Thanks op for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

kildare75 wrote: »
    Thanks op for the post.

Five or six working days so would imagine you'll have them by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/Newsletter/News170/News170.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=csdUltegra

(Almost) Half price ultegra groupset inc free postage with cyclesuperstore at the moment (48% off)

Such a shame what's left of that lotto kit is all over the place. Can't put a M/L package together at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

kildare75 wrote: »
    Thanks op for the post.

Took about a week for mine to get delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Ribble have an additional 20% of Kask Mojito & K5onta helmets. Code is KASK20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/Newsletter/News170/News170.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=csdUltegra

(Almost) Half price ultegra groupset inc free postage with cyclesuperstore at the moment (48% off)

You have to laugh at these shops and their half RRP sales... reality is you could get this at this price or close any day since it was released if you buy online (Germany better these days since the euro went to hell). Still though..as good a price as any at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    You have to laugh at these shops and their half RRP sales... reality is you could get this at this price or close any day since it was released if you buy online (Germany better these days since the euro went to hell). Still though..as good a price as any at the moment.

Very true. I bought full 6800 groupset inc inner/outer cables for €540 delivered from Ribble last January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Crocked wrote: »
    Ribble have an additional 20% of Kask Mojito & K5onta helmets. Code is KASK20

This is a very good price for the Mojito, brings it down to about €105. Haven't dealt with Ribble before, what are the delivery charges like? The helmet is listed as VAT-free because it's UK, will Irish VAT be added on meaning needing to use Parcel Motel?

Have been looking for one of these for a while now and the best price I can get in B&M shop is €117, which actually beats most of the online retailers by a mile!

ETA: Actually, scrap the above, Mojito not showing on their site today...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

The email mentioned it was limited stock and sizes, forgot to mention that. I'd say it was end of line stuff they were clearing out.

Bought a helmet off them last year with no VAT as far as I recall, didn't use parcel motel either. Delivery was about £5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Charlie69

xebec wrote: »
    This is a very good price for the Mojito, brings it down to about €105. Haven't dealt with Ribble before, what are the delivery charges like? The helmet is listed as VAT-free because it's UK, will Irish VAT be added on meaning needing to use Parcel Motel?

Have been looking for one of these for a while now and the best price I can get in B&M shop is €117, which actually beats most of the online retailers by a mile!

ETA: Actually, scrap the above, Mojito not showing on their site today...
    Where can you buy for 117e ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

Charlie69 wrote: »

Kask helmets at great prices here:
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=7&navigation=1&menu=1000%2C5%2C70&mid=392&orderby=2

Charlie69 wrote: »

Cycle Superstore in Dundrum have them for €117.XX - small number of colours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

any GP4000s knocking about at a good price lads? Preferably 25s for the winter season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/continental-grand-prix-4000-s-ii-tyre/aid:709344

Continental GP4000 S II

Postage is extra
    €75 a pair including postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

signup to newsletter for discount that covers the cost of postage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    any GP4000s knocking about at a good price lads? Preferably 25s for the winter season.

I got two for sale. New unused, were being advertised for 70 but given rose are going 70 I'll go 60

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    I got two for sale. New unused, were being advertised for 70 but given rose are going 70 I'll go 60

Jim Stynes should have first shout on them but if he doesn't respond I will take those off your hands at 60.

veetwin wrote: »
    Jim Stynes should have first shout on them but if he doesn't respond I will take those off your hands at 60.

not to confuse and not to say something they're not but Jim asked about the 4000S - thats the original version. The latest ones are the 4000S II in my opinion no better than the original but they do offer fancy colour strips. The ones I'm selling are the new originals

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

Any recommendations for good value winter kit? Just missed out on picking up any of the M stuff in that vermarc sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

xebec wrote: »
    Cycle Superstore in Dundrum have them for €117.XX - small number of colours though.

CSS in Tallaght, or Cycle Surgery in Dundrum? Never heard of the above combination was all! :)

cython wrote: »
    CSS in Tallaght, or Cycle Surgery in Dundrum? Never heard of the above combination was all! :)

Oops, Cycle Surgery in Dundrum was the one I meant :o

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

veetwin wrote: »

Cheers but they're for a mate so go on ahead. Ive sent him the link to rose bikes there. Thanks again.

Those tyres are yours veetwin, give us a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

For those who like to take super good care of their cycling garments.

<2.00e

http://www.dealz.ie/lingerie-wash-bag

Only took me bleedin ages going around the "usual suspects" to happenchance upon these in Dealz. You'd have thought Heatons etc would stock them :/

It's about 12*18 inches so quite large to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement