Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Reelight have a Kickstarter on atm and for €3 you get 20% off their regular store, which should be worth it for just about any lights on their site.

* though it looks as though you won't get the 20% until December 8 (i.e. that's when the card is charged).

Kickstarters started off well at first but so many them strike me as taking advantage of people, in this case not so much but crazy how many for profit ideas get funded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

meercat wrote: »
    http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/tools/halfords-essential-bike-tool-kit

Also available in store too
    €20
    Not for professional use but enough there to get you out of a hole

looks similar to the lidl/aldi one....any feedback on quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

BMC granfondo frameset for 600 euro, looks a good deal.

http://www.mantel.com/ie/bmc-gf02-frameset?r=L2llL2ZyYW1lc2V0I3N0YXJ0MQ==

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    looks similar to the lidl/aldi one....any feedback on quality?

I have the Halfords one and it's great, hard wearing for what I use it for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Borderfox wrote: »
    I have the Halfords one and it's great, hard wearing for what I use it for

Yeah. Me too
    Ideal for me also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

clog wrote: »
    BMC granfondo frameset for 600 euro, looks a good deal.

http://www.mantel.com/ie/bmc-gf02-frameset?r=L2llL2ZyYW1lc2V0I3N0YXJ0MQ==

Very good deal. I bought this frame in Feb, think I got it for 1100 and I thought that was good at the time.
    Very happy with it.
    It uses BMCs Dual Transmission something something so depending on whether you want to run mech or electronic you may need to order a little bag of bits from a BMC supplier.

• Company Representative Posts: 16 Verified rep Cycle Superstore: Philip

ckeego wrote: »
    Cycle Superstore in Tallaght have big reductions on Zoot brand baselayers/compression wear etc

We sure do:

Thermal legs - €110 Now €30
    Thermal arm warmers - €60 Now €15
    Thermal tops s/s - €110 Now €30
    Thermal tops l/s -€130 Now €40

Compression Top l/s - €70 Now €20
    Compression Socks - €41 Now €15
    Compression Shorts - €102 Now €30
    Compression 3/4 Short - €110 Now €30

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TheTubes wrote: »
    Very good deal. I bought this frame in Feb, think I got it for 1100 and I thought that was good at the time.
    Very happy with it.
    It uses BMCs Dual Transmission something something so depending on whether you want to run mech or electronic you may need to order a little bag of bits from a BMC supplier.

Does it take Di2 out of the box?

godtabh wrote: »
    Does it take Di2 out of the box?

Kinda.
    I actually had some photos I can attach as I emailed westbrook cycles at the time, I though I was missing some parts.
    I setup Di2 and needed to get the Di2 kit, I think it was just a number of rubber stoppers to plug the holes where the cable guides would go if you were running mech. You could use tape if you wanted. I think I may have taped over the holes under the BB where the cable guide would go.
    I can't remember if the rubber bits for the di2 wiring came with the bmc kit or was included with the di2 bundle, i suspect it was part of the bmc kit.
    You can see them if you look at a di2 verison of the bike online and zoom in.
    The chain catcher doesn't come with it either.
    I think the bits may have cost 30-40e from the irish distributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

TheTubes wrote: »
    Kinda.
    I actually had some photos I can attach as I emailed westbrook cycles at the time, I though I was missing some parts.
    I setup Di2 and needed to get the Di2 kit, I think it was just a number of rubber stoppers to plug the holes where the cable guides would go if you were running mech. You could use tape if you wanted. I think I may have taped over the holes under the BB where the cable guide would go.
    I can't remember if the rubber bits for the di2 wiring came with the bmc kit or was included with the di2 bundle, i suspect it was part of the bmc kit.
    You can see them if you look at a di2 verison of the bike online and zoom in.
    The chain catcher doesn't come with it either.
    I think the bits may have cost 30-40e from the irish distributor.

This is not the same frame that Westbrook had on sale if it was it would be an exceptional bargain . This one is the cheaper aluminium frame with carbon forks (still a decent weight though at 1600g all in).
    I believe that it is set up as mechanical with external gear cables.

• Advertisement

clog wrote:
    This is not the same frame that Westbrook had on sale if it was it would be an exceptional bargain . This one is the cheaper aluminium frame with carbon forks (still a decent weight though at 1600g all in).
    I believe that it is set up as mechanical with external gear cables.

Well would you look at that! It turns out I'm a dumbass, I saw a red/black GF and assumed GF01.
    TIL that posting before coffee is not a good idea.

/gets coat

On the flip side, I do feel a whole lot better about the price I paid for mine now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

any deals on bike workstands?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

There were two bike stands in Aldi East Wall on Sunday down opposite the frozen fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Road ID have a 72 hour sale on at the moment. Just got 20% off a wrist ID.

I put Boards 410 as my next of kin just so yiz know...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Road ID have a 72 hour sale on at the moment. Just got 20% off a wrist ID.

I put Boards 410 as my next of kin just so yiz know...........

i juts ordered one - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Just found http://icestripe.com/ - almost the same, cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Road ID is cheaper on sale - €19.78 vs €22.99.

Icestripe is showing 17.99 for elite and 12.99 for slim versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Alek wrote: »
    Icestripe is showing 17.99 for elite and 12.99 for slim versions.

Plus €5 postage

RoadID ships for $4.99...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Good value chrono shoes and look pedal combo for €105 in the cycle super store deal.
    Road shoe and look keo 2 max pedals or mtb shoes with Look S-Track MTB pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Road ID discussion moved to a new thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517632

Everyone else, just report it if you want me to split something into a new thread. I'm not likely to see it if you just post about it in-thread, and you're making false-email problem worse. It's likely that a discussion will break out every so often, and that's fine, just report the message (as someone did) and I'll move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If you enter the code ARR96NT on the Road ID website, you will get a $1.99 discount (every little helps!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Picked up the arm and leg warmers from Cycle Super Store today. Loads left. Toasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Picked up the arm and leg warmers from Cycle Super Store today. Loads left. Toasty :)

I was in there myself earlier but are they for external use? It didn't seem like it? More under armour/base layer and compression?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I was in there myself earlier but are they for external use? It didn't seem like it? More under armour/base layer and compression?

There's a few different types of them in there. They're made from a polypropylene mix instead of lycra so they have a different feel to them than regular cycling gear but they have 3M reflective material on the zips so I'd say they're meant for external wear.
    The marketing blurb seems to be that they're "Active" compression for use during exercise. They have a "Recovery" range too.
    I just spent the last few minutes strutting about the kitchen in them like some weird fetishist. Felt fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

One for the bookmarks, Black Friday deals starting to come out. BikeRadar have a page with links for the best deals

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PX selling a 300L front light for €3 (90% off). Not much info on it, I suspect it's not rechargeable, but for €3 can you really go wrong?

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIARHAFL/areo-halogen-front-light?utm_source=The+Planet+X+and+On-One+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=a433141127-2015_11_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_561486488b-a433141127-271312425&mc_cid=a433141127&mc_eid=b86902637c

There's also a big brother here for €9. Seems to be the same light, but rechargeable:
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIARHFRL/areo-rhl-01-halogen-front-light

All of the other Areo stuff has good reviews, so looks like a half decent backup light.

Halogen bulb an 300lumens? I call it BS :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Shop in Parnell street (Cycleways?) have mudguards including Crud II and proper sks for €20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement