Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Both 910xt and sensors just over 30% taken, surprised they've not been snapped up great price for them. Got both after humming and hawing for the last hour and a half about getting the 910xt. Needed a new hrm strap anyway and my forerunner 305 which I use for running is 5 years old. I may also try out a bit of spelunking next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Alek wrote: »
    Got one.

Does N+1 apply to sensors?
    Yes of course. Since the N+1 bike rule ensures that even if you have a spare sensor, you will soon have another bike to fit it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Ryath wrote: »
    Both 910xt and sensors just over 30% taken, surprised they've not been snapped up great price for them. Got both after humming and hawing for the last hour and a half about getting the 910xt. Needed a new hrm strap anyway and my forerunner 305 which I use for running is 5 years old. I may also try out a bit of spelunking next year!
    This is the second time around (at least) on the 910xt this week. Just can't justify it when I have 310xt, and the 920xt is supposedly is a good deal better for swimming.

Vivoactive and Fenix2 also coming up in the next day or so - could be tempted for them as I need a new watch!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

g0g wrote: »
    Dunno if any good but saw these reduced to cheap enough price for Black Friday SealSkinz Belgian Style Cycling Cap down from £ 28.00 to £ 9.98. Free UK delivery and if you haven't already you could get your free Parcel Wizard service. They're € 35 on Wiggle (good reviews!) and € 38 on CRC.

Tried to get this but delivery cost more than the cap! I put my parcel wizard code into the address but it doesn't seem to have worked. Damn lack of bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

gadetra wrote: »
    Tried to get this but delivery cost more than the cap! I put my parcel wizard code into the address but it doesn't seem to have worked. Damn lack of bargain!

I ordered 2 and used parcel motel and got delivery at £3.30 plus then my parcel motel cost of €4.50 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Did you set currency to GBP type the PW postcode? Worked fine for me

Ok I'll go for round 2…

Do you put in your irish address in the billing address bit?

Ok but I have to put an Irish delivery address in? The PW code doesn't work as a UK address? Still getting super expensive postage but in sterling instead of euro. If anyone knows exactly how to do this would you mind pm-ing me so thread doesn't go to OT! It can't be this hard :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok but I have to put an Irish delivery address in? The PW code doesn't work as a UK address? Still getting super expensive postage but in sterling instead of euro. If anyone knows exactly how to do this would you mind pm-ing me so thread doesn't go to OT! It can't be this hard :o
    1 Set sterling
    2 Use Parcel Wizard Ireland delivery address. It has a UK postcode. Full address DPD plus ID.
    3 Use your address billing
    So answer your question, it's your Irish address you enter, but DPD will forward to you.

g0g wrote: »
    1 Set sterling
    2 Use Parcel Wizard Ireland delivery address. It has a UK postcode. Full address DPD plus ID.
    3 Use your address billing
    So answer your question, it's your Irish address you enter, but DPD will forward to you.

Bingo.

Thanks a million. I made that incredibly hard for myself :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Garmin 810 bundle with HRM and (old style) speed and cadence sensor in the upcoming offers for tomorrow on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Garmin 810 bundle with HRM and (old style) speed and cadence sensor in the upcoming offers for tomorrow on Amazon.

Got link?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

25% off Reelight lights today.

https://www.reelight.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Shimano Ultegra 6700 Brake Caliper Set -€56 down from €140
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ultegra-6700-brake-caliper-set/

BOOOM back of the NET!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

fillup wrote: »
    Shimano Ultegra 6700 Brake Caliper Set -€56 down from €140
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ultegra-6700-brake-caliper-set/

BOOOM back of the NET!

nice one, been keeping an eye out for a set of these for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Continental Ultra sport 2's on wiggle for only 12 euro. Seems like good value for decent rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

mossym wrote: »
    nice one, been keeping an eye out for a set of these for a while
    Same as - give me a shout if you see a crank set knocking about on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

fat bloke wrote: »
    Continental Ultra sport 2's on wiggle for only 12 euro. Seems like good value for decent rubber.

are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

are they any good?

Had one of those on the front when I lost the front wheel in the rain

• Advertisement

are they any good?

Yerra sure fcuk it, how bad can they be? I've used conti's of various types for a good few years now, on the bike and indeed on the car, and even on motorbikes before, and they seem generally to know how to make black rubbery hoops fairly well :pac:.

are they any good?

I commute 200k a week on them and have for a year on the same set. I think the front one is a year and a half old :eek,

Great tyre, good grip, roll nicely. Go through city centre and have never had a puncture *yet* Having said that I'm super careful at avoiding glass and the like when I see it etc. I'll be getting me some new ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

On the other hand I've just retired a set of them after about 6,500km commuting/training and numerous punctures.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Had one of those on the front when I lost the front wheel in the rain
    I commute 200k a week on them and have for a year on the same set...have never had a puncture
    Plastik wrote: »
    numerous punctures.

So, just like every other tire on the market then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

as good as any tyre for that money...
    correct inflation and you wont have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

are they any good?
    I had a set of the original Ultra Sports and I never liked them. Great rolling resistance on them, but never felt happy with the grip, the rubber was more rigid than other tyres and I was definitely far less sure of myself on wet roads.

That was the previous generation of that tyre though to be fair.

Don't let the alleged discount fool you - it would give you the impression that these tyres are usually only €7 cheaper than GP4000S, and so in the mid-tier for tyres. They're well below that, typical retail is around €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Training peaks 25% off a a years premium Account on Monday.
    If like me you like stats this is much better than strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I have a set on my current commuter, not bad but I prefer the Vittoria offerings around the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

excellent.. got a pair there.. first time buying 25mm's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Not one specific bargain alert but a good site for daily alerts (almost) - http://www.bikebargains.co.uk/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement