Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Works with pro carbon frame all in for 300. Is this a good frame and good deal. Considering getting this if anyone can let me know. Also will it work with parcel wizard

Good frame.
    I have one built up now as winter bike. One of my sons has one. No problems.
    Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

20% off almost everything on planetx website:

PRMERRYXMAS

Works on some frames but tested on a bike and didn't work but nice discount for the day

Merry xmas ;-)

May God forgive you.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Eamonnator wrote: »
    May God forgive you.

That on Px uk or Ireland , thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

macbane66 wrote: »
    That on Px uk or Ireland , thanks

It finished yesterdat, was 1 day only on Planet X uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Weepsie wrote: »
    It finished yesterdat, was 1 day only on Planet X uk.

Bal**

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm not sure if my wheel deal went through. One wheel was on pre order and doesn't seem to be in my order now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Might be a bargain for someone looking for a full carbon 105 build from Ribble

To build it up, costs around 1400 otherwise. I'd be tempted if I could afford better wheels as none of mine are 11 speed compatible, plus money needed elsewhere

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Might be a bargain for someone looking for a full carbon 105 build from Ribble

To build it up, costs around 1400 otherwise. I'd be tempted if I could afford better wheels as none of mine are 11 speed compatible, plus money needed elsewhere

Gone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I wonder lads is this 60 quid turbo worth to get? I don't want to lose my fitness, my weight (that's gain I know). I have the Giant factory wheel in the shed, all it needs one cassette and one chain and I'm good to go in any weather. Thank you!

padyjoe wrote: »
    I wonder lads is this 60 quid turbo worth to get? I don't want to lose my fitness, my weight (that's gain I know). I have the Giant factory wheel in the shed, all it needs one cassette and one chain and I'm good to go in any weather. Thank you!

I have it and have no issues with it. Its basic but I use it with trainer road and find it effective

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

godtabh wrote: »
    I have it and have no issues with it. Its basic but I use it with trainer road and find it effective

Just pulled the trigger on it.
    Will any old wheel work or what should I look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ted1 wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on it.
    Will any old wheel work or what should I look out for?

Pretty much any old wheel, preferably true and with a cassette of matching ratio, not necessary to be same type group set. I use a turbo specific tyre as normal rubber gets chewed up. Remember chain wear will be effected by both cassettes so a worn cassette on the turbo wheel will wear the chain quicker and in turn the cassette on your main wheel so worth keeping both on reasonable condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Anyone know of any winter fluorescent jackets? Something similar to the Altura one that was on here last year, LSH had it for 155 on SD had it as 50. So similar price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Does anyone know if Wiggle will have a sale....?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Wiggle will have a sale....?

sarcasm ? big sale upto 50% off when i go on the web site

€391 for 11 speed 105 5800 groupset

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

sarcasm ? big sale upto 50% off when i go on the web site

€391 for 11 speed 105 5800 groupset

No sarcasm intended. The "Big sale" has been on for a while, but I was wondering if they would run any January offers etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Wiggle apply discounts depending on the level of your previous spends. The discounts are applied to your account and are not in the form of codes/vouchers. They have a sale on at moment but it's on clearance lines and so there is only very limited availability on sizes/colours of sale items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Wiggle apply discounts depending on the level of your previous spends. The discounts are applied to your account and are not in the form of codes/vouchers. They have a sale on at moment but it's on clearance lines and so there is only very limited availability on sizes/colours of sale items.

Those discounts are only applied against the "list price" of products though, and to be honest there is a hell of a lot of their inventory that is already reduced by more than those loyalty discounts off the claimed list prices, and so the loyalty discounts have little to no effect, certainly not as much as you might hope.

• Advertisement

Garmin out front mounts are about 8 quid from planet x for the next few hours. Only 6 left. I was ordering some lights and gloves so threw them in to get free UK postage with PM

Link here

Garmin out front mounts are about 8 quid from planet x for the next few hours. Only 6 left. I was ordering some lights and gloves so threw them in to get free UK postage with PM

Link here

Stop posting stuff. You are killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Some good deals on the Felt site.

http://www.felt-stuff.com/sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

If someone were dumb enough to be Garmin shopping while facing imminent funemployment.

Where might they find the best prices at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

padyjoe wrote: »
    I asked already asked about the 60 quid Elite turbo in Halfords. What else would you get with it (tyre, choke, etc.)? I had my mind some smart trainers but spending that much money on a thing which going to be used for the winter doesn't cut for me. How loud is it? Would the Tacx Blue Twist be worth the €29 extra? (I need to get chain and cassette with it as well. Or putting back the old ones on the old wheel, then I'm going to ruin my chainring. I want to do some spin now because haven't had much chance in 2 months due to weather.)

This is for bargain alerts. Better off to open a thread if you want advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Looks like a decent sale at Pactimo.

http://www.pactimo.com/shop/uk/boxing-day-sale.html?p=2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

The following have limited availability size wise... I had an email this morning telling me the M in the shorts was cancelled and offering me a few options.

I can't exactly recall but delivery is free over 40 or 50 Euros.

The BMC Pro stuff is all Pearl Izumi gear/sizing.

BMC Elite LTD Set '15 @ 69.95

BMC Elite LTD Bibshort 2015 @ 29.95

BMC Elite Pursuit LTD Jersey SS 2015 @ 29.95

PEARL IZUMI Elite LTD Jersey (4CL) + Attack bibshort Black @ 59.95

Not the most user friendly site but might interest some of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Garmin Edge 510 GPS Bike Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor for €122 approx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00APBMNP4/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_style_name=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭romperstomper

perrier wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 510 GPS Bike Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor for €122 approx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00APBMNP4/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_style_name=0

Dispatched from China

u might be caughy for VAT?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement