Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Thanks from me too. Is showing at £65 on Amazon, which would be free delivery, but when I went to check out it jumped to £80, so screw amazon - rutland and parcel motel it is!

Use Parcel Motel and Amazon won't charge you the VAT.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

lgk wrote: »

Ha thats the point I was trying to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

godtabh wrote: »
    Ha thats the point I was trying to make!

Yeah, just figured I'd be less subtle in case anyone missed it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Any good deals on tires does anyone know?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Any good deals on this thread does anyone know?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

lgk wrote: »
    I get I could've used parcel motel and amazon, but Rutland and parcel motel work out cheaper. Amazon was a more expensive price, but then I thought delivery was free, so saving the delivery charge/parcel motel charge with Rutland. It's marginal, but Rutland + Parcel Motel is stg£5 cheaper than Amazon + Parcel Motel for the same helmet in the same colours.

mathie wrote: »
    Any good deals on this thread does anyone know?
    Cheers.

Trying to be a smartarse are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

terrydel wrote: »

trying to be a lazy arse are you?

stecleary wrote: »
    trying to be a lazy arse are you?

Just asking a question, if it bothers you ignore it.
    Have a nice day.

My wife tells me it comes naturally.

My point was this thread gets derailled a LOT.
    Some people get an email notification for every new post so general chatter and requests aren't what some people are looking for.

• Advertisement

Some people get an email notification for every new post so general chatter and requests aren't what some people are looking for.

Fair enough, I checked back til mid december and didnt see anything so decided to ask, any offers prior to that would probably have expired.
    I've seen plenty of people asking similar questions, so didnt think it would upset people. In any case, if getting an email notification (I get them myself for a number of threads inc. this one) bothers you unduly, I'd seriously consider turning it off and chilling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I'm not trying to be smart but I learnt this from having dozens of emails in my inbox each day. Click 'Unfollow' and then click 'Follow' and select 'No email notification'. Each time you visit Boards you will see that the thread has been posted in without all the emails.

Fair enough, I checked back til mid december and didnt see anything so decided to ask, any offers prior to that would probably have expired.
    I've seen plenty of people asking similar questions, so didnt think it would upset people. In any case, if getting an email notification (I get them myself for a number of threads inc. this one) bothers you unduly, I'd seriously consider turning it off and chilling out.

I'm quit chilled thanks but that's probably because I cycled this morning in the cold snap.

<snip>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod warning: This thread is for bargains ONLY. No bickering. Any further posts along that line will result in an instant card. Any questions pm me Do Not respond in thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Just asking a question, if it bothers you ignore it.
    Have a nice day.

ok lets try this again, Its a bargain alert thread, Many different kinds of bargains are posted, is there anything in particular you are looking for a bargain on, narrow it down a bit so we can help you. no bickering or smart comments needed after a question with a bit of body to it.

stecleary wrote: »
    ok lets try this again, Its a bargain alert thread, Many different kinds of bargains are posted, is there anything in particular you are looking for a bargain on, narrow it down a bit so we can help you. no bickering or smart comments needed after a question with a bit of body to it.

I said tires in my original post, to elaborate I meant road tires.
    I'll find a set elsewhere thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Any good deals on tires does anyone know?
    Cheers.
    A twin pack of Continental Grand Prix 4000S II is currently €76.82 from Wiggle. It's €79.75 from Merlin Cycles with a couple of tubes too, though if you're after 25mm you're charged an extra €5.32. They can be slightly cheaper from some German shops, but they appear to be out of stock on the couple I checked.

Even with the 45% off they're expensive tyres compared to others, but the number of reviews show their popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A twin pack of Continental Grand Prix 4000S II is currently €76.82 from Wiggle. It's €79.75 from Merlin Cycles with a couple of tubes too, though if you're after 25mm you're charged an extra €5.32. They can be slightly cheaper from some German shops, but they appear to be out of stock on the couple I checked.

Even with the 45% off they're expensive tyres compared to others, but the number of reviews show their popularity.

there still cheaper on Rose bikes.
    32.95 each +8.95 shipping = €74.85
    http://www.rosebikes.com/article/continental-grand-prix-4000-s-ii-tyre/aid:709346

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

ted1 wrote: »
    there still cheaper on Rose bikes.
    32.95 each +8.95 shipping = €74.85
    http://www.rosebikes.com/article/continental-grand-prix-4000-s-ii-tyre/aid:709346

They take ages to deliver though, I think my last package from them went via Spain and took well over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

They take ages to deliver though

Wiggle delivery times can be quite bad too -there was a thread on it recently.

• Advertisement

Going with Schwable One for 60euro for a set in Cycle Superstore, best deal I can find on these and Im a little tight for cash right now. Had them before and they are grand.
    Its actually a set of Continental GP 4000 S II that Im replacing, my first set of them. There was a blister on the rear tyre after very few km's so it had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

perrier wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 510 GPS Bike Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor for €122 approx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00APBMNP4/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_style_name=0

Took the gamble on this, got a dispatched email the next day with a tracking number. The tracking number never worked. Gave it a few days to see if it needed to get on the system. Emailed them yesterday to see what the issue was. Got a reply today to say that they had a shipping issue and they have no more stock. They are refunding me over the next few days and will let me know if it is in stick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Boscoirl wrote:
    Took the gamble on this, got a dispatched email the next day with a tracking number. The tracking number never worked. Gave it a few days to see if it needed to get on the system. Emailed them yesterday to see what the issue was. Got a reply today to say that they had a shipping issue and they have no more stock. They are refunding me over the next few days and will let me know if it is in stick again.

Hard luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Boscoirl wrote: »

It is in stock....they just dont like the price they sold to you at

Do feedback as such...they are a new amazon retailer

You could threaten them to do as such and they might honour their mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just looked at their profile again, there is 10+ reviews with the same story as mine, either they sold more than they had or never had them to begin with.

EDIT: looks like they nothing for sale on their shop front now, they may have jumped ship

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Flash sale on in Halfords. 10% off everything until 2 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Great deals on the new four arm tiagra chain/crankset at the moment. I got one before christmas from rosebikes for 65 quid with 8 euro delivery. They seem to be out of 172.5 at the moment, but chainreaction and wiggle both have them for about 78 euro with free delivery. I ordered one yesterday from chainreaction and it seems they're going to deliver it today.

Needed a 170 crank for my TT bike and I'm putting a 52:36 on my cyclo-cross bike so I can better use it as a road bike for the year. The current 36:46 is a bit ...spinny.... :)

prod137766_Black_NE_01?wid=500&hei=505

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Boscoirl wrote: »

Good man.
    You took one for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement