Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭billyhead

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Got Kysriums last summer..?

Just wondering I have a bike with Ultegra 11 speed group cassette and I also have 2012 Mavic Krysium which I have not used yet as I am using the stock wheels that came with my current bike. When its time to replace these will the Mavic Krysium wheels not work on my current bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

billyhead wrote: »
    Just wondering I have a bike with Ultegra 11 speed group cassette and I also have 2012 Mavic Krysium which I have not used yet as I am using the stock wheels that came with my current bike. When its time to replace these will the Mavic Krysium wheels not work on my current bike?

Ksyriums should be fine with 11 speed, even from 2012, as Mavic were using wider hubs than Shimano for a number of years, and the extra width is pretty much the same as that required by an 11 speed cassette over a 10 speed one (a spacer was required with 10 speed)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: Lets leave the 10 or 11 speed cassette discussion there. Bargain alerts going forward please. If there are still clarifications needed, PM me and I will transfer all related posts to a dedolicated thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Garmin Edge 810 GPS Bike Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor - £189.00

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B06JYJG?ref_=gbps_tit_s-3_3127_8933f416&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

seems like a good price for a disc brake frame, €462.49
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/caad10-disc-2015-road-bike-frame-ec128698

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Castelli Gabba 2 Jacket Red €125.95 plus €13 postage http://www.retto.com/en/cycling/det/castelli-gabba-2-red-jacket.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Convertible gabba is on evans for 169
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/castelli/gabba-2-wind-rain-convertible-jacket-ec067224

thats the first time ive seen it anywhere for less than the price of the long sleeve.
    Pity I already have the short sleeve version :(

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/castelli/gabba-2-wind-rain-convertible-jacket-ec067224

thats the first time ive seen it anywhere for less than the price of the long sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

robfahy wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 810 GPS Bike Computer with Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor - £189.00

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B06JYJG?ref_=gbps_tit_s-3_3127_8933f416&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Any feedback on it? Lots of reviews say it crashes mid ride a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone spot any deals on bib shorts?

and heart rate monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

ONLY IN SIZE SMALL! Was 72 STG now 50 STG

Galibier Mistral foul weather Jacket

So you can work out small... I wear a 15inch neck work shirt and am 5'7 with a 38'ish chest and the medium fits like a glove.

Very good price for a savage piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

ONLY IN SIZE SMALL! Was 72 STG now 50 STG

Galibier Mistral foul weather Jacket

So you can work out small... I wear a 15inch neck work shirt and am 5'7 with a 38'ish chest and the medium fits like a glove.

Very good price for a savage piece of kit.

I tried a few of the "big brand" named jackets before I saw the Galibier Mistral jacket mentioned on here last year. I took a punt and bought one in my usual size of large but it was waaaaay too small. However their customer service is excellent and a quick phone call to them and they said send it back and they recommended the xxl size for me (44inch chest) and the replacement arrived in a day and fitted perfectly. It's the only jacket I wear now as its waterproof, wind proof and keeps you nice and toasty, even with just a base layer underneath. Buy one, as you will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

Domane wrote: »
    I tried a few of the "big brand" named jackets before I saw the Galibier Mistral jacket mentioned on here last year. I took a punt and bought one in my usual size of large but it was waaaaay too small. However their customer service is excellent and a quick phone call to them and they said send it back and they recommended the xxl size for me (44inch chest) and the replacement arrived in a day and fitted perfectly. It's the only jacket I wear now as its waterproof, wind proof and keeps you nice and toasty, even with just a base layer underneath. Buy one, as you will not be disappointed.

I'm in the market for one of these jackets now. This looks niice. My concern is the black colour wouldn't be as visible (even with the reflective buys) in Dublin traffic. .
    What do think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Chapeau Bibtights (supposed to be very good but I've no experience of them).

£45 sterling

http://www.chapeau.cc/thermal-bib-black-burgundy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

eh...I'd just like to say I have no affiliation with Galibier! :o I quite like their gear.

I only went onto the site via instagram to see their "new" gilet (which isn't up yet AFAICS)

Came across the following, which seems to be the Mistral jacket mentioned above without Arms? In Gilet form?

Ultimate foul weather Gilet

From the site, sort of, "Use code ” warmcore “ We have 50 available for pre order ;38.25"

Buying in Sterling seems to be cheaper than chosing "Euro" on the site btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

eh...I'd just like to say I have no affiliation with Galibier! :o I quite like their gear.

I only went onto the site via instagram to see their "new" gilet (which isn't up yet AFAICS)

Came across the following, which seems to be the Mistral jacket mentioned above without Arms? In Gilet form?

From the site, sort of, "Use code ” warmcore “ We have 50 available for pre order ;38.25"

Just pulled the trigger on that nice bit of kit any gear I have purchased from them has been top notch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Longsleeve Gabba 2 for 143 at Tweek Cycles Short sleeve is 120

You might need parcel motel to save on postage

Weepsie wrote: »
    Longsleeve Gabba 2 for 143 at Tweek Cycles Short sleeve is 120

You might need parcel motel to save on postage

SS 104 on evans
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/castelli/gabba-2-short-sleeve-wind-rain-jersey-ec067223

trev44 wrote: »
    I'm in the market for one of these jackets now. This looks niice. My concern is the black colour wouldn't be as visible (even with the reflective buys) in Dublin traffic. .
    What do think?

I agree that it is very deep black in colour but it has a red stripe vertically down the back with reflective material on it too. IMO, you could be lit up like a Christmas tree and some drivers still wouldn't notice you!

The Galibier clothing is top notch but they only do a very limited colour range, usually black! I'd say they're too small a company to offer a variety of colour choices. The only drawback to their clothing as the quality is better than anything else I've bought, eg Castelli, Endura etc.

• Advertisement

Already have an Endura gillet that's good quality but I'll go for one of these Mistral gillets based on my experience with the jacket, ie all good!

I always buy in sterling as the euro rate isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Schwalbe CX Pro tyre for 10.95.

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/schwalbe-cx-pro-tyre/aid:718685

Good cyclocross tyres, very grippy thread, although a bit narrow. Should help with mud clearance :)

(If you register a new account with Rose first and subscribe to the newsletter, you'll get 10e off 50e purchase, which will cover shipping...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

Swisside wheels have a 20% off sale running for the next two weeks on their alu standard and Hadron deep section models.

http://www.swissside.com/shop/

I have a set of their Gotthards, a fine wheel at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Domane wrote: »
    I agree that it is very deep black in colour but it has a red stripe vertically down the back with reflective material on it too. IMO, you could be lit up like a Christmas tree and some drivers still wouldn't notice you!

The Galibier clothing is top notch but they only do a very limited colour range, usually black! I'd say they're too small a company to offer a variety of colour choices. The only drawback to their clothing as the quality is better than anything else I've bought, eg Castelli, Endura etc.

I have had people come to me after a spin and say how good the reflective strip on the glibber is, having said that, I don't know how visible it is during the day
    I do love their jacket though, best purchase I ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

If you use a discount code of VCCYCLE10 you get 10% off all bikes in cycle surgery, this even applies to. It could apply to other items too. It even works for bikes on sale saved me over £100!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Laundry_Hamper

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Fitzcycles in Stillorgan have all the clothing upstairs at half price, got a nice jumper on the way home yesterday, looks like they have been cleaned out but there are still a good few jerseys, Altura bib shorts, winter jackets, gilets, castelli gear, a few ladies jackets, including that one that is grey and reflects white (seen one the other night and freaked me out a bit).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I decided I deserved one of these, it arrieved today. No road test yet but it feels top quality.
    Just a note on size, these are typical Italian sizing, ie buy at least one size larger than usual.
    I am 5'5", 9.5 stone and medium is slightly tight on me.

TheTubes wrote: »

• Advertisement

Galibier are giving a discount off their new energie bib tights (works out at £9.73) Just use code "enrg" at the checkout. I've become a big fan of this company's clothing range and I'm sure these bibs will be top notch like their Mistral jacket that kept the wind and rain off me today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement